Author Topic: rifts update  (Read 1246 times)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
rifts update
« on: December 06, 2017, 11:41:05 PM »
well, I took the update and now a thing called vr desktop shows up as a 2nd display in nvidias control panel. The game sports a new display choice at 4K res???

It appears that you can adjust the VR color settings for desktop????? I do not believe the changes translate into game ????????

With the rift VR desk top you can use windows in virtual. ??

looks quite interesting tho.

I had my preview settings ticked yes.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:20:15 AM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: rifts update
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 12:14:16 PM »
I switched to the public betea test version that tries to work with nivdia drivers after my brother's suggestion.  It made a noticeable improvement in AH and iracing.

Offline subarubren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:41:56 PM »
I switched to the public betea test version that tries to work with nivdia drivers after my brother's suggestion.  It made a noticeable improvement in AH and iracing.

How do I try this beta randy? Interested in how it affects iracing

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 03:39:22 PM »
I get a constant notice that I'm getting an update, and no matter how long it runs, I never get the download. I cannot find anything about this, and nobody here seems to have had the same thing....:(
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 04:07:18 PM »
You must go to the Oculus site if it isn't showing on you Oculus application. The download will uninstall the existing app and install the new one. I took me around two hours to download it.

Oh, and the registration process is painless and it's the only doorway.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 10:00:24 PM »
Try this, totally uninstall the rift software, go back thru the setup process and first chance you can, navigate to the public test channel and enable it. Yes its annoying but the dam rift is so finicky............just a thought.

The VR desktop is nice as far as game access now. I can log thru vr. The annoying part is that you cannot use the rift without a standard display, at minimum, plugged to a port. Even if that display is turned off at boot. You cannot drive with just the rift exclusively. Which since I turn off the display anyways, why not cut it right, well Nooooooooooo~!

I'm not sure why they decided to make it show up as a 2nd display in gpu control, you cannot select anything, including vibrance and hue?????? And it states 3860 x 2160 res @60Hz??????????

we all know that's not rift specs???

All in all an improvement, clarity still awful.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 06:44:39 AM »
To try the public beta you'd launch your oculus software from your startbar or desktop.
On the left hand menu go to Settings.

A Menu will pop up that says  Account Privacy Payment General Beta

Click Beta.

The second option down is the enable public test channel.  That'll give you the rift 2.0 after it downloads (for me took like an hour to download ymmv)
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 10:48:38 AM »

Some of the others have posted how to get to the public beta testing.  On mine I just had to go to setting and and change to allow the public testing but then I had the latest update.

It helped ah more than iracing but i think iracing does not lean as hard on the video card as ah.  Not sure about that though.

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 09:29:18 PM »
It helped ah more than iracing but i think iracing does not lean as hard on the video card as ah.  Not sure about that though.

Does this new update increase performance or visual clarity? I have decent performance now, just wondering if it makes a difference visually.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 09:52:59 PM »
Sorry, no, the visual clarity is unchanged.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 07:52:37 AM »

There have been reports in the oculus group about being able to read text better. So it sounds like that's been an improvement for some.

Does this new update increase performance or visual clarity? I have decent performance now, just wondering if it makes a difference visually.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.