Author Topic: View jerking forward backward  (Read 2408 times)

Offline BMW2016

• Zinc Member
View jerking forward backward
« on: December 18, 2017, 07:21:45 PM »
When I log in the view in the tower jerks forward then backward. If I take off in a plane everything is jerking around. Any ideas? Using Occulus rift.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: View jerking forward backward
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:37:37 PM »
it sounds like your sensor is partially blocked or not at the correct distance. It sounds like it's having trouble seeing you.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 07:45:09 PM »
it sounds like your sensor is partially blocked or not at the correct distance. It sounds like it's having trouble seeing you.

This sounds likeltythe issue.  At one point my views were jerky, until I noticed and moved a lamp that was between me and one of my sensors.

Offline BMW2016

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 08:02:03 PM »
Reset sensors, it is better, when I am in the tower and look around the tower moves around me.same in a plane the plane moves around when I look? Any suggestions?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 08:04:47 PM »
Move your head position to the middle of the cockpit ( Home key) and you should have more movement then if it's too far back or too far forward.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 08:16:27 PM »
okay this sounds a lot like F3 view acts. I wonder if there's a setting for that I"ll go in and look.
Nope there's no setting that'll make it act like F3 view acts.

So I'd agree with FLS here it sounds like you are hitting the edges of your viewing space.
It's something that happens very quickly in the ship tower since the scale is so small but it's not something that really happens in the normal non-ship tower.   I have to stand up and walk over to a wall for it to happen. But happens in the cockpit easily.

So I'd try what FLS suggested.

The only other thing I can think of is if your video is like sticking. Low frame rates can make it jerk around and the screen can freeze up and move with your head. If this is the case try turning down your graphic settings and see if that smooths it out.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:46:54 PM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 05:55:35 AM »
What kind of video card is the Rift attached to (make and model)?
Are you running Windows 10?  Is there a chance you have gotten or are getting the latest Fall Creator Update?  That update has been causing a lot of problems, but while it downloads it can also causes performance issues.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BMW2016

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 09:34:28 AM »
EVGA GeForce FTC 1080, i5 3570 3.4 GHz, 16 gig RAM. For over a month it has run perfect. Reset Rift sensors, gonna try the other suggestions now. I do not have the Fall Edition update

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 09:36:41 AM »
Also keep in mind, the Rift "sensors" are nothing more than cameras.  They depend on line of sight.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline BMW2016

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 09:44:23 AM »
Graphics are already lowest FR89. I tried using home key in tower and in plane. It takes me to a normal view for half a second. In the tower now when I log in the clip board is far away I have to zoom to use it. In the cockpit I start centered but when I move my head the plane moves if I look up cockpit moves up. I look back and cannot look around the seat it moves.

Offline BMW2016

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 09:48:17 AM »
Oops I do have the fall update.  The sensors are working for every other game I have reset them multiple times. Version 1709 I believe

Offline BMW2016

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 09:59:17 AM »
Skuzzy could the Fall Creator update have caused a problem that is correctable in my windows 10?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 10:02:14 AM »
With a 1080 card you should not have to crank down the graphics.

Could I see a DXDIAG output from that computer?  No need to post the data, just attach the file to a post.  Thanks.

We have had so many inconsistent reports about the Fall Creator Update and how it manifests issues.  Some computers seem to be okay, while others do not.  Microsoft has acknowledged there are problems with the Fall Creator Update.  The only way, I know of, to repair the damage it may have caused is to do a roll-back to the version of Windows 10 before the update.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline BMW2016

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 10:03:38 AM »
The jerking movement has stopped, I just need to get my view to be stationary and objects stop moving. I.e. I am in the corner of the tower cannot get centered,  and the tower moves around me when I look. I'm centered in cockpit but plane moves around me.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 10:08:28 AM »
Are you launching the game through Oculus, or directly from our ICON?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese