Author Topic: Habitual flasher.  (Read 7057 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Habitual flasher.
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2017, 11:47:41 AM »
Most fights have dried up, can rarely find a good furball.  About the only thing left now is deacking bases because the other team refuses to up and defend.   :old:

Didn't you hear?  Defending a base is now considered lame game play.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2017, 12:01:43 PM »
When I first saw this thread title I though uh-oh what Pig got caught running around naked where. Thank God this is someone else's silly problem. LOL 😁
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
to me Christmas is just another day to me=waffles for breakfast-soup for lunch-hamburgers for supper-no special dinners or anything like that-its just a day in the week
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »
I think I was supposed to have a lousy one. Guess it wasn't this one.  :D

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2017, 01:38:59 PM »
Is anyone going to actually test it??
yes I do it all the time.. Take a goon to 10k bail out after dumping troops and follow them all the way down to the deacked vbase it stops flashing after I bail I get to watch the troops go into the map room they only know I'm there cause if they come out of the vh it gives them a red end sorte.... In case you're wondering why I take them to 10k I want to get out of the id range of the 88s if they know I'm a c47 it's a bust
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:01:21 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2017, 02:39:05 PM »
yes I do it all the time.. Take a goon to 10k bail out after dumping troops and follow them all the way down to the deacked vbase it stops flashing after I bail I get to watch the troops go into the map room they only know I'm there cause if they come out of the vh it gives them a red end sorte.... In case you're wondering why I take them to 10k I want to get out of the id range of the 88s if they know I'm a c47 it's a bust

88's are 12k?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2017, 04:09:15 PM »
Neither were any other players in vehicles before hiding under tress pre-GVDar...yet there was a need for a change to the game...

Apples and oranges.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »
My view of lame play is people that fly around and defend their bases.  People that don't post or join missions.  People that go out of their way to avoid or disrupt team play.  Those are the reasons I grew tired of lame play.

Making a base flash, causing a mission to bail, causing a buff to bail, hiding a cv, are not on my list.

albeit, there is a account, maybe two, that obviously enjoys the subtle possibilities within a continuous live arena.  kinda like sitting on a porch "virtually".  :rolleyes:

Just more indication of the way this game is going. I have joined every mission posted while I was on over the last year but one. That means I've been in a couple missions from Pops, and those that my squadies run, so maybe 10-12 for the year.

Today you'll see a group kinda get together and capture a base, then its a 5 minutes before anyone can agree on the NEXT base to go after. Those missions are more along the line or "grab what you want and follow along and try to be helpful". Very few bother with missions any more. They take too much time to put together, co-ordinate, and lead for anyone to post one or join in one.

The "i want it now" generation of game player contributes to this lameness.

They want to bomb stuff.... cant bother to climb and use the site, Dive Bombing Lancs that NEVER get all their ord out let alone RTB.

They want to fight.... Ho HO and HO until dead, grab another plane, rinse and repeat.

They want to pork a field..... dive into a field until dead by ack because they go after buildings instead of guns.

They want to GV..... up time after time to feed spawn campers.

Maybe they dont know whats available, how missions and team work can make the game so much more fun, how battling a foe to win the fight/base/war is so much more than all the corners they cut to get it done now. If there is no thrill to the game, players get bored and leave.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2017, 05:34:40 PM »
88's are 12k?
lol typo ya you have to check alt of base and go 12k above that
"scott66"        

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »
lol typo ya you have to check alt of base and go 12k above that

12k of altitude is only ~4k of (icon) range. What you are doing isn't working as you seem to think  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »
Just more indication of the way this game is going. I have joined every mission posted while I was on over the last year but one. That means I've been in a couple missions from Pops, and those that my squadies run, so maybe 10-12 for the year.

Today you'll see a group kinda get together and capture a base, then its a 5 minutes before anyone can agree on the NEXT base to go after. Those missions are more along the line or "grab what you want and follow along and try to be helpful". Very few bother with missions any more. They take too much time to put together, co-ordinate, and lead for anyone to post one or join in one.

They want to bomb stuff.... cant bother to climb and use the site, Dive Bombing Lancs that NEVER get all their ord out let alone RTB.

They want to fight.... Ho HO and HO until dead, grab another plane, rinse and repeat.

They want to pork a field..... dive into a field until dead by ack because they go after buildings instead of guns.

Maybe they dont know whats available, how missions and team work can make the game so much more fun, how battling a foe to win the fight/base/war is so much more than all the corners they cut to get it done now. If there is no thrill to the game, players get bored and leave.

Spot on. <S>
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »

12k of altitude is only ~4k of (icon) range. What you are doing isn't working as you seem to think  :old:
well that explains why I get busted from time to time :salute however it has been successful and not flashed the base
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:28:52 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »

I'll remember this the next time I post a mission...  :devil   But yes, I love the pickup missions when they're actually prepared. They're WHAT HOOKED ME TO THE GAME!    Jayro's strike missions were ALWAYS popular when I was on the knights, and people didn't mind bailing out to join... Not even a pickup mission,
 he just called for a a "Strike mission! Meet West runway of A54 with your favorite ride but bring ords! 3 minutes to launch!"

I just wish there was some other way of enticing players on a country to actually JOIN a pickup mission... Spamming the country channel is an easy ticket to getting squelched... I WISH that just like the ".join" popup window, that we could get a pickup mission 2minute warning pop-up of some kind to encourage participation.  :pray
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2017, 01:48:11 PM »
I fly with a large squad so I don't normally join missions...but I will always work with friendlys in the same area to kill red guys (check 6s, clears, spotting ect)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2017, 02:13:42 PM »

Try to get to the ground before the troops.

I've beat my troops to the ground and stood by the storch hanger capping guys bailing to shoot the troops or killed a manned ack that popped.