Author Topic: Habitual flasher.  (Read 7055 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Habitual flasher.
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2017, 02:25:36 PM »
I fly with a large squad so I don't normally join missions...but I will always work with friendlys in the same area to kill red guys (check 6s, clears, spotting ect)
Diet and exercise will fix most of that.  Oh you mean number of people.  Never mind...   :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2017, 05:13:38 PM »
I never said anything about TOS, I called it lame, just like the continuous NOEs we use to have, or the "wack a mole" missions where the whole group would bail if one defender showed up only to try for another easy base take on the other side of the map, or the guys that bail from buffs when someone shows up to defend the target they are going to, or leaving from, just like the guys that jump into M3s with supplies at the first sign of of buff entering the sector.

This game is losing players every week due to crap play. People dont want to spend $15 a month to hunt some clown parked in a plane under a tree just to make a base flash for hours
I too think something should be done about cybro, but to be fair, nowadays everyone pretty much knows if it is cy that's flashing a base, and the few that care seem to find satisfaction in searching for him. As for your other points, the NOEs and "whole group bailing" thing are things of the past, aren't they? Not reasons then for currently declining player numbers.
Bomb 'n' bailers I agree suck, but we seem to have less of them now than before. Again, not a current reason for declining numbers.
And I really don't think people have left the game because players have driven m3s to town ahead of the bombs that white flagged it, do you? Not that it often happens, and I would know: I watched maps like a hawk for enemy base take attempts, and called stuff out on country when something looked suspicious.

The game has simply changed as HT tried to make it more interesting to new players, and unfortunately, some of the changes have driven existing players away. Imo none of the things you mentioned have had anything to do with that.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2017, 05:32:11 PM »
Some players drive themselves away and blame everyone/everything but them-self. This is a personality/character flaw. I don't think its even as widespread as claimed. Most players that leave the game (temporarily or permanently) are just experiencing life away from it. The reason may be financial. It may be a priority shift (again, whether permanently of temporary). It can even be a sense of boredom (but not because of others, all that much). Some players like to believe that the latter represents proof of a flawed game or community that can be corrected with angry typing and character assassination. That's projection (another personality/character flaw). Notice a percentage (not anywhere near the majority) that constantly complain or berate others yet stay in the game. What's up with that? Do they really think they are 'helping?'

Are the overall numbers lower? Yes. Will they always be? Well, with an element of the community complaining about imaginary changes in how players play the game, it may. Then again, if new blood doesn't take them all that seriously (old blood, for that matter), who knows?

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2017, 06:08:19 PM »
Some players drive themselves away and blame everyone/everything but them-self. This is a personality/character flaw. I don't think its even as widespread as claimed. Most players that leave the game (temporarily or permanently) are just experiencing life away from it. The reason may be financial. It may be a priority shift (again, whether permanently of temporary). It can even be a sense of boredom (but not because of others, all that much). Some players like to believe that the latter represents proof of a flawed game or community that can be corrected with angry typing and character assassination. That's projection (another personality/character flaw). Notice a percentage (not anywhere near the majority) that constantly complain or berate others yet stay in the game. What's up with that? Do they really think they are 'helping?'

Are the overall numbers lower? Yes. Will they always be? Well, with an element of the community complaining about imaginary changes in how players play the game, it may. Then again, if new blood doesn't take them all that seriously (old blood, for that matter), who knows?

I guess you're the expert on "character flaws"?

Crawl back under your couch Froid...

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2017, 06:14:47 PM »
I guess you're the expert on "character flaws"?

Crawl back under your couch Froid...

Freud? You don't have to be an expert to see them when they stick out rather badly. But since my post brings out the best in you, why not actually address what you think is wrong with it and I'll keep an open mind and a positive attitude. :)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2017, 08:50:09 PM »
I'll remember this the next time I post a mission...  :devil   But yes, I love the pickup missions when they're actually prepared. They're WHAT HOOKED ME TO THE GAME!    Jayro's strike missions were ALWAYS popular when I was on the knights, and people didn't mind bailing out to join... Not even a pickup mission,
 he just called for a a "Strike mission! Meet West runway of A54 with your favorite ride but bring ords! 3 minutes to launch!"

I just wish there was some other way of enticing players on a country to actually JOIN a pickup mission... Spamming the country channel is an easy ticket to getting squelched... I WISH that just like the ".join" popup window, that we could get a pickup mission 2minute warning pop-up of some kind to encourage participation.  :pray

Ive been in your missions when you called them  :aok

This is one of those things missing for todays players. You didnt HAVE to entice players to join missions, and the "spamming" was not only tolerated, it was encouraged by most. Todays player most likely couldnt figure out how to join a posted mission, follow waypoints, let alone hit the targets they were assigned. The joy of just fighting the battle is gone from most players these days.

I too think something should be done about cybro, but to be fair, nowadays everyone pretty much knows if it is cy that's flashing a base, and the few that care seem to find satisfaction in searching for him. As for your other points, the NOEs and "whole group bailing" thing are things of the past, aren't they? Not reasons then for currently declining player numbers.

....and how do you think we got to the declined numbers we are at? That type of lame game play got us here

Bomb 'n' bailers I agree suck, but we seem to have less of them now than before. Again, not a current reason for declining numbers.

We see less of everything, but Im sure that is due to the lower numbers.

And I really don't think people have left the game because players have driven m3s to town ahead of the bombs that white flagged it, do you? Not that it often happens, and I would know: I watched maps like a hawk for enemy base take attempts, and called stuff out on country when something looked suspicious.

Im sure there have been players to leave due to M3s being the last straw. As it is these days it is one little thing after another and players finally just stop logging in. Then they just cancel the subscription. After logging in 2-5 nights a week for years they find that a monthe goes by and they dont both playing the game any more than an hour or so a month.

The game has simply changed as HT tried to make it more interesting to new players, and unfortunately, some of the changes have driven existing players away. Imo none of the things you mentioned have had anything to do with that.

And that is fine, players leave. They get bored and move on the next best greats thing. The problem is HTC isnt bringing the new guys as fast as they are losing these others. Poor advertising, poor game play, poor indoctrination of new players to help them along, what ever it may be there just isnt enough new players to cover the players that are leaving.

The game has to be fun and exciting or the new guys are just not going to stay. Something has got to be done to bring that back or the slow decline will continue.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2017, 11:11:04 PM »
Try to get to the ground before the troops.

I've beat my troops to the ground and stood by the storch hanger capping guys bailing to shoot the troops or killed a manned ack that popped.
lol I'll try that icepac thanks :salute my troops always seem to beat me to the ground
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2017, 11:59:46 PM »
lol I'll try that icepac thanks :salute my troops always seem to beat me to the ground

Scott,
  try free falling a bit and you will get there before the troops land

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2017, 12:28:21 AM »
Scott,
  try free falling a bit and you will get there before the troops land
I must have had way too much eggnog I  completely forgot about not immediately pressing o  :bhead thanks bud
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2017, 08:04:08 AM »
Thinning the trees out would help resolve the issue.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2018, 01:36:23 PM »

People leave because they are no longer having fun.  It is as simple as that.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2018, 08:18:02 PM »
People leave because they are no longer having fun.  It is as simple as that.

Nothing new there.

- oldman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2018, 11:47:48 PM »
Drive up to him in M3 and wait on the planes to strafe you! Did it twice yesterday :x  He was online too! Yes, not sure the point, but dont mind sharing easy kills with others :cheers: Proxy is as proxy does sort of KARMA :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2018, 04:03:05 AM »
What to do now he is a Bish?  :headscratch:

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2018, 10:07:16 AM »
What to do now he is a Bish?  :headscratch:

(Image removed from quote.)

Find a friend on NIT or Rook and tell them where the free kill is :) If we encourage this then maybe his ways will stop eventually.