Author Topic: KOTH/1v1s/ACM  (Read 5630 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: KOTH/1v1s/ACM
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2017, 05:41:45 PM »
Durrrr no one posts vids of their deaths. Lol. Everything Skyyr "Tanya Harding" ever did in this game is suspect due to his choices. I will say no more as I do not want my buddies thread locked out but this dude deserves no accolades. He is gone and the game is better for it. Good riddance. :aok

I would suggest when people try insults they spell their words properly.   ;)   I'm not even sure how the reference works.   

Any way.   Skyyr was an exceptional pilot in this game.   You don't have to like it but it's a fact. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2017, 05:44:31 PM »
Skyyr was full of himself, but so what........he fought...... he shot me down more that I shot him down......who cares....the fights were always fun....... :old:

A lot of that was an act, frankly.  He was a nice guy in real life.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:28:28 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2017, 06:14:50 PM »
A lot of that was an act, frankly.  He was nice guy in real life.

Yeah after talking/flying with him a bit awhile back, this is definitely true.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2017, 06:41:41 PM »
As for the topic of this thread, I was there watching Junky's stream and talking to him about it when this incident happened. It's hard, it's a real struggle to get there... but if you truly have the desire and want to get better, you will. I too participated in many KOTHs before I ever won a round, and got smacked around in 1v1s in the DA 100s of times in a row against some of the best pilots this game ever saw. Back then the competition was much more fierce than it is today.

Just keep going at it, maybe find a friend or somebody you know and ask them if they'd like to do some duels, it will help more than you can imagine. Aside from that, when you fly in the MA don't be afraid to throw yourself into a fight, if you're outnumbered, that's ok... give it all you have, take out as many before they get you. Eventually you will find yourself learning new tactics, and surviving longer and longer before you're shot down. One day it will click for you, and everything will make sense without even having to think about it.

Or if you're like me, it won't really make any sense how you flipped around and owned that guy, but you did it anyways.  :neener:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 06:46:32 PM by Krupinski »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2017, 07:12:54 PM »
I think I may have shot the individual down   :frown:
I did however have PM conversation with them later on and their mindset seemed set against the event with the main thought along the line that it's the same old crowd and can't break through.
Tried giving him my biggest pointer that helps me progress into a round and can actually get me to the "last two" occasionally   :rofl
 Winning usually never enters my realm of possibilities and I usually freak out if I get to last two with all those eyes watching how much of a pudding head I really am when I fly  :rock   I usually do something really marOOnish and get myself killed  :aok

I used to, and will continue to say that KOTH is the best event for getting better in the LWA, MA, $Melee, whatever it's name gets changed to, period. The action is fast paced with minimal periods of boredom.
It gets you familiar with the vast majority of the plane set including pros and cons, and can increase one's situational awareness.
Watching films, and you can still film in CM Eye which is on there, you can also find your mistakes quicker and learn from others faster IF used properly.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2018, 04:31:06 AM »
Never and never will partake in these events for the Alpha Males who thinks they have achieved something  :old

Bruv mithering everyone in main areana about KOTH is annoying :old:

I cant help myself  :P  Most definitely takes one to know one RE bleating and mithering about gibberish!!!      :banana:

I love you guys.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline racoon1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2018, 03:09:06 PM »
KOTH is the most fun I've had since the old DA everyone should try. Yes I get my butt kicked but I learn a little every time.
<salute> Junky, Simon, Lazer and Yucca had a blast the other day
In game moose1
Game ID Moose1
TAs AeroFighters Inc.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2018, 08:52:05 PM »
Edited because I'll let skuzzy take a look first
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:05:10 PM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2018, 10:06:37 PM »
We went down this road already at the time.   There's nothing to see.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:47:25 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2018, 10:49:40 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:23:09 AM by Skuzzy »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 12:07:10 PM »
Since Skyyr taught me it was better than my WBs technique of “spamming” the Angle Trim button.    :D    (We didn't have CT, so I had no idea what it was.)

Squirming?   I think not.  Meeting me in the MA at 100% fuel in a Mustang is not the same as at 25% in the DA.  You’re not the first person to get his ears pinned back by me that way.  I kill you both places regardless.   Shrug. 

You changed your call sign yet?   :rofl
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:11:57 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2018, 01:02:54 PM »
A lot of that was an act, frankly.  He was a nice guy in real life.

Kinda the same way a carcinoma is nice after you cut it off. :bolt:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2018, 01:11:10 PM »
Kinda the same way a carcinoma is nice after you cut it off. :bolt:

LOL

Well, I knew the guy personally so my take is a bit different than most.   He was a great guy to have on your side.   The attitude was an act.  I told him I didn't think he should do it, but he had a reason--and it was all about winning, not being personal.    Frankly, he would have been just as successful without it and probably a respected member of the community instead of a semi-pariah   

He is a great teacher.   I still use a lot of his techniques and they work.   I remember being taunted by a guy in the MA one time and he hopped in as my observer.  Even with lag and everything else he talked me through the fights until the other guy rage quit.  (I never lost.)

:D

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2018, 09:48:59 AM »
I stopped doing KOTH when it became obvious people were working together.
Came back a few months ago and openly had a player calling out my positions on VOX.
Decided, again, not to return.

:salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
I stopped doing KOTH when it became obvious people were working together.
Came back a few months ago and openly had a player calling out my positions on VOX.
Decided, again, not to return.

:salute
you know working together is not allowed and all suspicion should be reported right...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3