Author Topic: KOTH/1v1s/ACM  (Read 5634 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: KOTH/1v1s/ACM
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2018, 11:25:45 AM »
KOTH is great fun, and one of the few places left where you can find a good fight, people can't run, and there's normally a good gentlemanly respect for things such as HOs and collisions.  Doesn't mean they don't happen, but usually at least there's an apology and a mutual understanding that those things happen in close.

You also end up fighting in planes you may not be familiar with which makes the task even more fun/daunting.

In regards to Skyyr, I was never really a fan of his.  For all his 'skill' he still used trainers to accomplish what he did.  Not that it's a bad thing, but I feel like he had potential to be scarier if he mixed up his choices a bit.  The main thing he was good at was HOing or getting the snap shot off on you if you tried to avoid the HO.  He could also flip the LA back and forth so fast that you could be doing 450mph zooming through him and he was still able to flip back onto your 6 and pop you before you were 200m out.  He was also one of the guys that could do the magic cartwheel trick if you got on his 6 and drop a crapload of E, then get it all back the second you overshot.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2018, 11:40:29 AM »
KOTH is great fun, and one of the few places left where you can find a good fight, people can't run, and there's normally a good gentlemanly respect for things such as HOs and collisions.  Doesn't mean they don't happen, but usually at least there's an apology and a mutual understanding that those things happen in close.

You also end up fighting in planes you may not be familiar with which makes the task even more fun/daunting.

In regards to Skyyr, I was never really a fan of his.  For all his 'skill' he still used trainers to accomplish what he did.  Not that it's a bad thing, but I feel like he had potential to be scarier if he mixed up his choices a bit.  The main thing he was good at was HOing or getting the snap shot off on you if you tried to avoid the HO.  He could also flip the LA back and forth so fast that you could be doing 450mph zooming through him and he was still able to flip back onto your 6 and pop you before you were 200m out.  He was also one of the guys that could do the magic cartwheel trick if you got on his 6 and drop a crapload of E, then get it all back the second you overshot.

He was brilliant at seeing where everyone was and creating angles.  He could put himself where you were going long before you knew that’s where you were going.  He was a Boyd-like thinker, getting inside your OODA loop faster than you did.  He knew everything you might do and could counter it.  Fast, slow, whatever.  He was also a sniper. 

People who qualify his skill are not being honest with themselves.

Given more time he would have been scary, but he was good in any plane and in any circumstances.   There are few people like that.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2018, 11:44:53 AM »
Since Skyyr taught me it was better than my WBs technique of “spamming” the Angle Trim button.    :D    (We didn't have CT, so I had no idea what it was.)

Squirming?   I think not.  Meeting me in the MA at 100% fuel in a Mustang is not the same as at 25% in the DA.  You’re not the first person to get his ears pinned back by me that way.  I kill you both places regardless.   Shrug. 

You changed your call sign yet?   :rofl
When have I changed my name? I've always had my main account JunkyII.

My second account has changed quite a bit.

Next time your on, let's redo that 1v1....shouldn't be hard right???

Oh wait you have never 1v1ed me lol.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2018, 11:50:15 AM »
When have I changed my name? I've always had my main account JunkyII.

My second account has changed quite a bit.

Next time your on, let's redo that 1v1....shouldn't be hard right???

Oh wait

You got spanked.  You lost the bet.  You said you’d change your call sign to anything I wanted if you lost....   :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2018, 11:58:53 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:06:28 AM by Skuzzy »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2018, 12:06:05 PM »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:07:05 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2018, 12:54:13 PM »
Oh wait you have never 1v1ed me lol.

I wanted to duel you but it totally got overlooked  :uhoh

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2018, 01:13:49 PM »
you know working together is not allowed and all suspicion should be reported right...

I didn't want to make trouble.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2018, 03:10:00 PM »

This may sound like a 'glory days' post but is not intended that way. KOTH used to be one of the more self-policed events and players would call out or 'refresh' players understandings of rules , fuel loadouts , stuff like that. It needed to be with the limitations of the CMs at that time and IMO let to a more ordered event, not sure the intent I want came through there, but for example if someone broke 6k it would get mentioned by whomever saw it and it would be dealt with usually with the guy just bailing.
I'd like to think people sticking up for the rules in any event is appreciated but both players and CMs for smooth and trouble free events.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2018, 03:37:13 PM »
Well please do that stuff is lame.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2018, 03:40:51 PM »

He was brilliant at seeing where everyone was and creating angles.  He could put himself where you were going long before you knew that’s where you were going.  He was a Boyd-like thinker, getting inside your OODA loop faster than you did.  He knew everything you might do and could counter it.  Fast, slow, whatever.  He was also a sniper. 

People who qualify his skill are not being honest with themselves.

Given more time he would have been scary, but he was good in any plane and in any circumstances.   There are few people like that.   

I'd never known Skyyr to fight like that. In the DA and in the MA he was 100% e-fighter. He draw you up and too him and always has 1 oz more of Energy so he could hold a line while you would stall. Then he would kill you. Even in the DA where I recently ran into him under a shade, I know it was him after I won a fight and he slowly reverted back to Skyyr flying.  He is extremely good at it, but it is kind of one dimensional. Vertical vertical vertical...they guy is always hanging in space and drifting slowly to get position or make you take an more aggressive line that will cost you Precious E. When I take my time, 1 v 1s with him take like 5-7 minutes in the DA to conclude. 

Most other dog fighters, will throw in a few attempts at getting you to overshoot by turning hard and slowing down, but leaving themselves just enough E to maneuver for a shot before you escape. It a gamble that some are willing to try because it's fun to mix it up and keep your opponent guessing.  Never knew Skyyr to ever gamble like that, which made him very predictable and boring to fight. like a broken record.

I think creative types, like Jaochim, JunkII, 2CMEX, Simon, Orelle, lil Mack, Yucca,  show a range of skills and are much more fun to fight (even tho I lose to them as often as I did to Skyyr).

Who is John Galt?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2018, 03:47:33 PM »
I'd never known Skyyr to fight like that. In the DA and in the MA he was 100% e-fighter. He draw you up and too him and always has 1 oz more of Energy so he could hold a line while you would stall. Then he would kill you. Even in the DA where I recently ran into him under a shade, I know it was him after I won a fight and he slowly reverted back to Skyyr flying.  He is extremely good at it, but it is kind of one dimensional. Vertical vertical vertical...they guy is always hanging in space and drifting slowly to get position or make you take an more aggressive line that will cost you Precious E. When I take my time, 1 v 1s with him take like 5-7 minutes in the DA to conclude. 

Most other dog fighters, will throw in a few attempts at getting you to overshoot by turning hard and slowing down, but leaving themselves just enough E to maneuver for a shot before you escape. It a gamble that some are willing to try because it's fun to mix it up and keep your opponent guessing.  Never knew Skyyr to ever gamble like that, which made him very predictable and boring to fight. like a broken record.

I think creative types, like Jaochim, JunkII, 2CMEX, Simon, Orelle, lil Mack, Yucca,  show a range of skills and are much more fun to fight (even tho I lose to them as often as I did to Skyyr).

Skyyr was a master at forcing overshoots.  I guess you've never seen his films.

SMH.

He is the most patient pilot I've ever seen and has the ability to create an E margin in droplets or buckets, but the end result is the same--he wins.    I've seen him gamble plenty, and with the gunnery skill he has it's not really a gamble.

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2018, 03:50:32 PM »
Well please do that stuff is lame.

During a round I killed two pilots and moved the next closest fight, a 1v1. As I approached lining up the guy with the advantage, the other player..on VOX in the arena for all to hear said "Look out, hear comes Vinkman to kill us". The guy broke, I missed, I looked back to see they had disengaged each other and one was one my six, while the other extended to reset. I turned to mix it up with my pursuer and a few second later got picked by the other guy.

I tried to assess whether saying anything would make a difference or start a s**tstorm. Maybe it was innocent I told myself. I just wasn't in the mood to argue with anyone.
Who is John Galt?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »
Skyyr was a master at forcing overshoots.  I guess you've never seen his films.

SMH.

He is the most patient pilot I've ever seen and has the ability to create an E margin in droplets or buckets, but the end result is the same--he wins.    I've seen him gamble plenty, and with the gunnery skill he has it's not really a gamble.
All suspect.  Every bit of this so called awesomeness. You can hump away at your friends ankle but it won't remove the tarnish of the bad choices that got him banned.   :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:08:08 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -