Author Topic: Would like to find a squadron and preferably active on comms.  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Popeye212

• Zinc Member
Hello,
Noob here trying to find a group that is patient with, sort of newbies.  Tried WT didn't like it.  WOW finally screwed theirs up completely IMO.  Prefer a more realistic approach.   Have played some "sims" before, Microsoft was one.  Prefer a mature group.  Left high school along time ago.  I have a Discord server and had Gamevox until they shut down.  Have a lot to learn.
Thanks for your consideration.
Popeye
Got that name when I was a fireman.  My forearms are/were large.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Would like to find a squadron and preferably active on comms.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 11:28:18 AM »
The AK's might be a good fit. We are flying Knights this month. I'll send you a pm with details.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »
Hey there Poppeye,

Welcome to AH! The 162 Purple Hearts are always looking for new recruits. We fly basically in any scenario and have our own training course in the game.

However there are many fine squads in this game. Just like the AK's who beaten me to responding. I also think the  maggot suicide squadron is squad for new players.

Anyway I hope you find a squad where you enjoy yourself.

Best of luck,
DutchVII :salute
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 02:21:32 AM »
be a little wary of the in game name popeye because there have been a few and you might get confused with them. 

If you get any grief from other players put it down to that.  Just a heads up.     :aok

Oh and welcome to the game!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Popeye212

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 12:51:10 PM »
Thanks for the heads up I've played World of Tanks actually an XO but I try to keep it a secret.  So I have a pretty thick skin.  Besides I spent 30yrs in a firehouse.  Ill be in there after I get my controls mapped out and get some practice.  Can't pull of the stuff I did in Warplanes which is really just a video game.  The new 2.0 should be at a convenience store near you soon...You know the ones you drop a quarter into.....lol

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 01:32:25 PM »
Popeye, welcome to the game of Aces High 3. Check out VF-17 Jolly Rogers. We are not very active in the main arena ( some of us try to make it on Weekends) but we're primarily a Friday Squad Operations (FSO) team. When in the main arena we usually fly corsairs, but you're free to fly whatever you want. You're welcome to try us out anytime you see one of us in game.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 01:54:11 PM »
Hello,
Noob here trying to find a group that is patient with, sort of newbies.  Tried WT didn't like it.  WOW finally screwed theirs up completely IMO.  Prefer a more realistic approach.   Have played some "sims" before, Microsoft was one.  Prefer a mature group.  Left high school along time ago.  I have a Discord server and had Gamevox until they shut down.  Have a lot to learn.
Thanks for your consideration.
Popeye
Got that name when I was a fireman.  My forearms are/were large.

When you say "active on comms" what do you mean?

Our squad, the 56th (see link in signature) are active on coms but it's more along the lines of giving each other trash!  :)

We are active in FSO, and you can find one or two of us on in the MA most times of the day. When we have a few on you'll find us running missions in our P47s, or just providing fighter support where ever it is needed on the Rook front. Look us up, we'll be happy to help you along coming back up to speed!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 10:55:56 AM »
When you say "active on comms" what do you mean?

Our squad, the 56th (see link in signature) are active on coms but it's more along the lines of giving each other trash!  :)

All we use our comms for is to talk trash to eachother  :rofl  Welcome to the game :cheers:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 12:33:52 PM »
Popeye, Welcome, you should wing up with several different squads over a few weeks time.  Find the squad that is operating the way you feel a squad should operate. Besides, it's much easier to spot what you don't like about a squad rather then what you do like.  You should check out the 113th Lucky Strikes,  a P38 squad, we continue to fly as Knights, always have, always will.  Vox 113.  We tend to fly missions, and fly supporting operations against enemy fields or provide support to defend.  Come wing up for a flight or the night.  We fly most Saturday Evenings starting at 7:PM EDST.  check out our wiki page, link in my signature.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes