Author Topic: Air Craft and frame rates  (Read 692 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Air Craft and frame rates
« on: January 06, 2018, 03:23:06 AM »
I am wondering? Have you guys/gals noticed a hit to Frame rates when flying planes? Reason I ask, I am trying to learn the F4A1 again and I see a HUGE difference in FRs in them. I run solid 89-60 FPS in Spits and Ponies but with Corsairs I run 45-20. Just checking to see what you guys experience. Think it may be the extra detail that they have in cockpit? I get alot of gun sight flickering as well, due to FR hits I believe. Dont have this problem in any other plane I fly! So just curious  :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Air Craft and frame rates
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 04:30:50 AM »
Have you gone through Kanth’s routine for setting up VR?  After doing her suggested guidance, with a 1070 card, my rig shows a fairly steady 45ish frame rate.  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 11:18:05 AM »
are you sure it's not the ship?  try taking off from land based versuss carrier based in the same carrier based plane.
Ships, especially firing can be a huge frame rate hit.  Pearl harbor terrain could bring my card to it's knees if all the ships started firing at once.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 01:15:01 PM »
I had been thinking I was getting pretty much steady 89+ fps, until I noticed in FSO last night is my frame rates took a big hit when we were taking off and there were a lot of planes in the air nearby.  Have not noticed a hit when I've been in FM2 or F4F lately; both of which have new, wonderfully detailed cockpits.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 02:47:30 PM »
are you sure it's not the ship?  try taking off from land based versuss carrier based in the same carrier based plane.
Ships, especially firing can be a huge frame rate hit.  Pearl harbor terrain could bring my card to it's knees if all the ships started firing at once.
YUP, was on airfield :salute I believe its the cockpit details? The worst is F4-1, for some reason I get a hit to FR....looking forward ONLY? After noticing yesterday I nit picked it abit :D Looking any other direction and FR zoom to 89....look at gun sight  29-43 and gunsight gets warpy like looking through the Prop to see sight. Look away again....60 -89 then solid 80+ till Forward again? Was just weird, everything works just fine. The wavy sight can get old but it still works :D Was just wondering if you guys had noticed this as well. I turned graphics down even and in Corsair it fluctuated, like I said just weird. :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 02:51:09 PM »
Have you gone through Kanth’s routine for setting up VR?  After doing her suggested guidance, with a 1070 card, my rig shows a fairly steady 45ish frame rate.  :salute
YEP! We got into it about same time! She my HERO :kiss:   Till she kills me again at least :x  She like LUCY from Peanuts....She will hold the ball, even let you kick it. Soon as you feel good about kicking the ball...BOOM she sneaks up on you in a 110 and blows your football  right out of the sky :rofl  It was the giggling that really got to me...could feel it in the text buffer :neener:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:56:41 PM by 1stpar3 »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 02:55:00 PM »
I had been thinking I was getting pretty much steady 89+ fps, until I noticed in FSO last night is my frame rates took a big hit when we were taking off and there were a lot of planes in the air nearby.  Have not noticed a hit when I've been in FM2 or F4F lately; both of which have new, wonderfully detailed cockpits.
Exactly Dad, same here. Its the Corsair that has biggest hit for me. There are alot of bolts and such ringing canopy, but reflections are off. Leaning towards all the little details just getting clogged up. Its usable, just something I noticed. Might be a problem with some, that dont have a real VR dedicated rig. :cheers:

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 03:06:17 PM »
......look at gun sight  29-43 and gunsight gets warpy like looking through the Prop to see sight. .....

Yes 1stpar, I noticed this too.  At first I assumed it was due to the tearing from fast frame rates with Vsync disabled, but when I looked the frame rates were actually low, as you observed.    :cheers:

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 07:02:03 PM »
oh that's pretty interesting.  :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.