Author Topic: FOV  (Read 2385 times)

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
FOV
« on: January 06, 2018, 04:07:11 PM »
Can it be increased from 90? Feels like your face is crammed into the windshield.
Thanks
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: FOV
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 04:47:03 PM »
If you have tracker centered and you are basically sitting in the chair in the correct position and it feels too far forward, just move your head back (physically) and hit F10 to save the new position.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 05:06:26 PM »
Yes, I did that and my head is hitting the back of the seat, was hoping to increase FOV to not feel so close. I’m the guy that sits as far away as posssible at the movie theater. As it is now I feel like I’m sitting in the front row. Thanks Kanth
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 05:46:10 PM »
okay there's no other way to adjust FOV that i know of. Unless some new tool has come out with version 2/beta of the software. It's a static setting.

.......I just checked the Oculus Debug tool and it looks like the first version and there's nothing in it to change FOV.

So there's no way to move behind your seat if you've reached the back end of your pilot space in the cockpit. Like your head can't be outside the glass on the airframe behind the pilots seat.  It looks like moving your head back is the most that can be done.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 05:52:02 PM »
Ok thanks
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 06:54:13 PM »
The default FOV is 90 for monitors, the Rift is fixed at 110 by Oculus.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 02:32:46 AM »
The default FOV is 90 for monitors, the Rift is fixed at 110 by Oculus.

I thought the monitor FOV default depends on the resolution. Mine is 84 by default, 2560x1600.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 07:11:25 AM »
I thought the monitor FOV default depends on the resolution. Mine is 84 by default, 2560x1600.

You have an odd aspect ratio. The standard aspect ratio is 16:9. I believe AH sets the default monitor FOV by aspect ratio not resolution.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:43:19 AM by FLS »

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 09:12:16 AM »
If you are using VR, the idea is for everything to be at a 1:1 scale. If you feel cramped, it is because many of the cockpits were cramped. Many games do have a slider for world scale that allows you to adjust the view size to your preferences. I haven't looked for any way to do this in AH because playing at any other scale than 1:1 defeats the purpose of VR for me.

A very large conventional monitor with TrackIR would be better for not feeling cramped: set the FOV to your heart's content. Hopefully, AH has or will have a setting that allows you to get what you want.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »
You have an odd aspect ratio. The standard aspect ratio is 16:9. I believe AH sets the default monitor FOV by aspect ratio not resolution.

Odd? My both monitors have this 16:10 ratio which I find quite nice for chasing the enemy - something I too rarely end up doing...

16:10 was the Betamax of its time...

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »
The 16:10 is nice for the increased vertical view. It's a nice choice for flight sims. I have an old 16:10 monitor also.

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 11:08:10 AM »
Can it be increased from 90? Feels like your face is crammed into the windshield.
Thanks

As others have said. It's scaled 1:1. They call it "Virtual Reality" because it puts you into that cramped cockpit.

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 11:36:38 AM »
As others have said. It's scaled 1:1. They call it "Virtual Reality" because it puts you into that cramped cockpit.

Was just wanting to know if it could be changed in settings like other settings within the “game” is all, and it has been answered and acknowledged that it cannot. BTW I got shot down last night and my parachute failed so it doesn’t matter anymore anyways  :devil :devil
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 09:24:28 AM »
 :rofl  did you close your eyes going in? i did the first few times hahaha.

Offline Phast12

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 12:22:35 PM »
I still do  :neener:
Phast
JG4
WW1 - Jasta 11