Author Topic: Nvidia Container  (Read 4852 times)

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
Nvidia Container
« on: February 05, 2018, 10:19:38 AM »
I had severe stuttering in-game and was able to identify the culprit: Nvidia Container. Apparently it was running some code or function and took around 30% of the cpu. That on its own isnt enough to stutter the game, but it obviously was interrupting the GPU or taking precious resources.

Watch out for this program if you are running a Nvidia machine!

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Nvidia Container
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »
That process is required by your card.
Research.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:09:17 PM »
I wouldnt be posting unless I knew that it was ok to close it, which it is. The stuttering went away and I could play normally again. There are mutliple instances of it and none of them use actual GPU/CPU power. This might be an anomoly that is causing the stuttering that other people are getting (Dx11).

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 01:53:09 PM »
How did you turn it off?

I've got two copies of it running...when I end Process on one, the other immediately replicates it before I can shout down the second....etc..
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 02:47:38 PM »
I just went to the task manager, selected the program in question and right clicked on it to bring up the options menu and then select end task. Having many copies of it shouldnt be a problem, a problem occurs when it starts to use CPU/GPU power (double digits). Normally it isn't an offending process and it has only happened to me once so far (rebooting didnt help).

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 02:48:31 PM »
Understand.  Thank you
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 04:20:54 PM »
I wouldnt be posting unless I knew that it was ok to close it, which it is. The stuttering went away and I could play normally again. There are mutliple instances of it and none of them use actual GPU/CPU power. This might be an anomoly that is causing the stuttering that other people are getting (Dx11).

When folks like you go fooling around with Processes then come on here afterwards complaining the game isn't working proper.   :headscratch:   :rofl
Tear it up slim-shady.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 04:30:13 PM »
The Nvidia Container program is supposed to be part of GeForce Experience. The container is designed to maintain a list of games that GF Experience can manage performance for, but this is exactly why you should not be using GF Experience. I don't allow it to install, and I block the spyware associated with it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 05:18:44 PM »
When folks like you go fooling around with Processes then come on here afterwards complaining the game isn't working proper.   :headscratch:   :rofl
Tear it up slim-shady.

Coogan

Hmmm, how to put this politely .... Coogan, would you mind explaining to me why I get stutters using Dx9?   You seem to think you know, I know that I don't.

PS I don't recall ever complaining the game doesn't work correctly after ending a process.  I am experimenting with processes on advise from the game producer.  I'm not uninstalling them, I simply turn them off and see if we find the magic bullet.

Your turn
-AE

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 05:24:58 PM »
Hmmm, how to put this politely .... Coogan, would you mind explaining to me why I get stutters using Dx9?   You seem to think you know, I know that I don't.

PS I don't recall ever complaining the game doesn't work correctly after ending a process.  I am experimenting with processes on advise from the game producer.  I'm not uninstalling them, I simply turn them off and see if we find the magic bullet.

Your turn

When you brick your Rig, you can ask yourself that question.
As far as my PC, I don't believe I said anything about stutters did I?

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 05:52:49 PM »
Nope, you jumped into the conversation saying the process is "required" ... a simple Google would have told you otherwise.

It is an optional program.

It is also remarkably hard to kill.

I didn't say you are getting stutters....I just figured that since you seem to think you know what is going on, you'd know why I am getting stutters.
-AE

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 06:02:25 PM »
Nope, you jumped into the conversation saying the process is "required" ... a simple Google would have told you otherwise.

I didn't say you are getting stutters....I just figured that since you seem to think you know what is going on, you'd know why I am getting stutters.

You figured wrong.

Edit: Remember messing with stuff you don't understand can be risky...

Coogan
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:12:03 PM by 100Coogn »
Game Id's:

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 06:24:25 PM »
Absolutely agree with your last statement.   :cheers:
-AE

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 06:27:30 PM »
Absolutely agree with your last statement.   :cheers:

:cheers: 

Coogan  <--Learned the hard way...
Game Id's:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 01:33:59 AM »

Heya Rodent,

Go to your programs and uninstall Geforce Experience (this will remove Nvidia Container)

I've never allowed it to ever be installed, so wasn't aware that was where Nvidia Container resides...

Challenge posted how to fix/remove it in an earlier post

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC