Author Topic: Nvidia Container  (Read 4851 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Nvidia Container
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 06:19:14 AM »
GeForce Experience is not required, along with the background processes it uses.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 06:33:30 AM »
I never would of beleived you before Skuzzy until I saw it for my very own eyes. Nvidia has some real issues with their programming. Anyone know if AMD suffers from the same problem?

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 08:05:06 AM »
I installed the experience when I first switched to this 1060 card thinking I'd use it for shadow play. Didn't like it as much as OBS so I uninstalled it. After several driver updates the container service persists. Good to know it's meaningless so that I can nuke it at startup. I'm sure a full install would maybe kill it off too. Or not.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 10:48:15 AM »
I've never installed GeForce Experience, yet I have two Containers running.  :noid
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 11:22:12 AM »
They only become a problem when they start consuming CPU power. Normally they just idle there at around 0%.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 12:56:07 PM »
Will do, Thanks TC
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 01:13:07 PM »
I've never installed GeForce Experience, yet I have two Containers running.  :noid

Hmm.... Wonder if it might be because of a change Nvidia did with some of the last 3 or 4 Graphics Driver  versions or something?

and Drano posted that it might take a complete removal of the entire graphics card driver package then running a cleaner before installing a fresh graphics card driver package and unchecking/not allowing Nvidia Geforce Experience to be installed....

just some thoughts

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 01:27:10 PM »
Hmm.... Wonder if it might be because of a change Nvidia did with some of the last 3 or 4 Graphics Driver  versions or something?

and Drano posted that it might take a complete removal of the entire graphics card driver package then running a cleaner before installing a fresh graphics card driver package and unchecking/not allowing Nvidia Geforce Experience to be installed....

just some thoughts

TC

Funny thing is that the latest drivers don't work on my rig so I have to use a tad older ones. The current ones are from last July. And I've used DDU between every change.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 01:39:54 PM »
Bizman does the process show up as Container? or as a service that you found through digging/running down where it was coming from?

The 3 computers I currently have running using 3 different types of Nvidia GPUs aren't showing any Container processes running... All 3 PCs are running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit.....

just checking to make sure I'm not overlooking something

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 03:07:12 PM »
On my Win7 the Task Manager for all users says twice "NVDisplay.Container.exe" in the Processes with the description "NVIDIA Container", Threads 6 and 7.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »
NVidia and AMD are doing things in the drivers these days outside the scope of Windows.

AMD's ReLive drivers and application, as an example, appear to get loaded by the driver itself and not through any standard Windows startup procedure.  Odd thing is, they will always start, even if you do not install ReLive.

To stop them, you have to install ReLive, then remove it, or rename the executables to stop them from being loaded.

I wonder if NVidia is doing something similar?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 03:21:29 PM »
NVidia and AMD are doing things in the drivers these days outside the scope of Windows.

AMD's ReLive drivers and application, as an example, appear to get loaded by the driver itself and not through any standard Windows startup procedure.  Odd thing is, they will always start, even if you do not install ReLive.

To stop them, you have to install ReLive, then remove it, or rename the executables to stop them from being loaded.

Appreciate the heads up, Thank you

I need to check 2 of my PCs that have newer AMD GPUs using the new Crimson Drivers

TC

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 09:35:00 AM »
I am not sure if this is connected but it happened to me again. The Nvidia Container was processing at around 30% and causing severe stutters for my game of Aces high. Before I closed it I noticed that it was a 32bit version of it as well that was the culprit.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 03:01:09 PM »
Appreciate the heads up, Thank you

I need to check 2 of my PCs that have newer AMD GPUs using the new Crimson Drivers

TC

Hi All,

The 2 .exe you're looking for to rename to stop AMD ReLive from loading up if you're not using it are found in the following:

C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext....... amdow.exe (AMD ReLive Desktop Overlay) & amddvr.exe (AMD ReLive Host Application).

To date, all runs fine w\ these 2 .exe's renamed to stop them from loading up.

To date I've never caught them actually using any CPU cycles on their own (I used to use ReLive when it 1st came out but have since switched to using Win 10's Game DVR to record videos) but as Skuzzy has stated the AMD Crimson\Adrenelin driver packs do load them on your HDD\SSD thru Radeon Settings install when installing drivers but show to not become active until ReLive is actually initiated thru Radeon Settings, ReLive.

If you choose the Express Install then all will be installed, loaded and initiated, including ReLive.

If you choose the Custom Install (the method I would recommend) then only the choices you pick will be installed, loaded and initiated. ReLive then is a second, separate part of the Custom driver install (the driver.exe's for it are installed and will load upon Windows startup) but will not initiate (start up) until you choose the "Install" option. If you choose the "Skip It" option then the ReLive drivers will stay dormant until you go into Radeon Settings, ReLive then click on "Install".

Hope this helps those of us AMD users.............

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 07:35:39 AM »
Happened again. 32bit version of Nvidia container was the culprit again.