Author Topic: Gv dar  (Read 9242 times)

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
Re: Gv dar
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2018, 11:29:22 AM »
Dimebag was correct with his original post.

PS Nice to see you on last night Dime!

Haha. You too <S>ir

Bring back 85/88 and Trinity!!!!
Dimebag
CO of the Black Tooth Grin
Black Attack!!!

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2018, 11:34:52 AM »
Have you played since AH3?  They literally disappear behind tree masking layers and cannot be seen, even with the planes designed to spot them flying directly over them within 800 yards (supposed to have 3K icon distance).  Even with the dar, they're still practically impossible to find if stopped and shut down.
Ahhhh but thats the point of GVing :aok
Town or base will flash if close enough so there was already the key markers of activity near a base. Have been gone for a month so perhaps I will find it pleasant upon my return later on today. Miss DR7 and the gang so if you see BRO06562 <S>
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2018, 12:36:21 PM »
I added a wish to the wishlist and would like y'all to weigh in on it.  Maybe I am not thinking about something but I believe I have a good idea about GV Radar.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=post;board=287.0

Thanks!

:rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2018, 04:20:35 PM »
Have you played since AH3?  They literally disappear behind tree masking layers and cannot be seen, even with the planes designed to spot them flying directly over them within 800 yards (supposed to have 3K icon distance).  Even with the dar, they're still practically impossible to find if stopped and shut down.

LOL that was funny

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2018, 06:50:54 AM »
1 aspect of the gv dar nobody has mentioned-escape. if your in the field-lets say by town and they take your base and your trying to make a runs for it-the gv dar lets the attackers track and follow you-I was lucky last night I killed the tank that was chasing me-and the P-38 ran out of rockets-although he did track me he landed and I got a green end sortie. but with gv dar it's almost impossible to escape.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2018, 08:02:47 AM »
Another aspect of the GV dar that would not be duplicated by flashing base/town is that it informs attackers that there is a GV defending.  So, the attackers can wait to release troops or keep their M3 hidden until the GV dar disappears.  Not saying good or bad, but it is an advantage for attackers that didn't exist before GV dar was implemented.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2018, 08:18:57 AM »
Another aspect of the GV dar that would not be duplicated by flashing base/town is that it informs attackers that there is a GV defending.  So, the attackers can wait to release troops or keep their M3 hidden until the GV dar disappears.  Not saying good or bad, but it is an advantage for attackers that didn't exist before GV dar was implemented.

Red end sortie gives the same info.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2018, 08:31:24 AM »
Red end sortie gives the same info.

Doh!

Ok, the C-47 can wait to drop troops until the GV dar disappears.    :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2018, 12:11:30 PM »
Avid GVers pay Skuzzy an extra .25 a month for the special camo netting cloak of invisibility.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:13:15 PM by redcatcherb412 »
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2018, 12:12:24 PM »

I'm a novice at bombing GVs from planes. But I have done it in several different planes and the idea that you can't find a Gv is overstating it.
1) In open terrain it's extremely easy. 
2) in a forest it's hard but not too hard. It makes you fly low enough that the GV has a chance to shoot you, which is fair. It also seems very realistic because finding a tank in forest from an airplane was probably extremely difficult in real life.

:salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2018, 12:17:02 PM »
I'm a novice at bombing GVs from planes. But I have done it in several different planes and the idea that you can't find a Gv is overstating it.
1) In open terrain it's extremely easy. 
2) in a forest it's hard but not too hard. It makes you fly low enough that the GV has a chance to shoot you, which is fair. It also seems very realistic because finding a tank in forest from an airplane was probably extremely difficult in real life.

:salute

8thjinx, Lunatic and Hoagi are relentless circling the GV dar block till they find you. 
Have rarely reached a field or town objective if those guys are looking hard for you.

If Jinx gets bored in the air then you will certainly have a t34 on your tail.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2018, 03:44:17 PM »
8thjinx, Lunatic and Hoagi are relentless circling the GV dar block till they find you. 
Have rarely reached a field or town objective if those guys are looking hard for you.

If Jinx gets bored in the air then you will certainly have a t34 on your tail.

true. What I proposed was the GV dar not be visible on the clipboard the flying arircraft. The complaint is that it would be impossible to find GVs from planes. I'm arguing that it's too easy with the GV Dar and just right without it.
...and that GV dar should remain for GV fighting GVs.

Ok continue....
Who is John Galt?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2018, 03:53:25 PM »
As I have posted before, the gv-dar is just another turn of the knife in the GV back.

Like spawn camping, it really hurts GV game play.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2018, 06:48:47 PM »
Wanting the GV spawns to not have trees getting in the way along with complaining trees in general are klingon cloaking devices giving enemy GV's an unfair advantage is asking for Hitech to bring back the terrible AH2 suicide spawn camps. Individuals landed 50 kills an evening by only pressing a button on their joystick while being lauded masters of the camp. Because average AH2 spawns were not much different than handing a kill to everyone the moment you hit the spawn button once the campers heard the dinner bell. Then asking for v85 and the original CraterMA tank arena sniper fest just reinforces that wish. I used to get private questions about why I didn't setup spawns so tanks had the advantage of elevation and clear shots over the target location since life was so unfair to GVers. Those were back handed requests to give a single tank the ability to de-ack a field then destroy the vHanger solo before solo taking down the town. Even my own squad mates who are GVers wanted to know why I wouldn't give them that kind of an advantage..... :headscratch:

Now in AH3 what is demanded is being invisible at will while doing anything the GV driver wants until it's too late for the defenders becasue that is some how fair and socially just to a discriminated class of player called Gver. Otherwise, Hitech has only himself to blame for being unWoke and unaware to these injustices because all the Gver's might leave in solidarity....... :rolleyes:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
Wanting the GV spawns to not have trees getting in the way along with complaining trees in general are klingon cloaking devices giving enemy GV's an unfair advantage is asking for Hitech to bring back the terrible AH2 suicide spawn camps. Individuals landed 50 kills an evening by only pressing a button on their joystick while being lauded masters of the camp. Because average AH2 spawns were not much different than handing a kill to everyone the moment you hit the spawn button once the campers heard the dinner bell. Then asking for v85 and the original CraterMA tank arena sniper fest just reinforces that wish. I used to get private questions about why I didn't setup spawns so tanks had the advantage of elevation and clear shots over the target location since life was so unfair to GVers. Those were back handed requests to give a single tank the ability to de-ack a field then destroy the vHanger solo before solo taking down the town. Even my own squad mates who are GVers wanted to know why I wouldn't give them that kind of an advantage..... :headscratch:

Now in AH3 what is demanded is being invisible at will while doing anything the GV driver wants until it's too late for the defenders becasue that is some how fair and socially just to a discriminated class of player called Gver. Otherwise, Hitech has only himself to blame for being unWoke and unaware to these injustices because all the Gver's might leave in solidarity....... :rolleyes:

Well you had mentioned that the maps your working on all have a common thread and that was to contain GV movements on your maps that you were authoring. So it comes as no surprise that even your own team mates were asking for a break. I would like to bring to light when you hinder game play in any form in a game.........it hinders the game.