Author Topic: Gv dar  (Read 9378 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: Gv dar
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 09:42:17 AM »
From my experience last night, I learned that an M3 can sit inside town in a tree cluster and not be seen by a storch right above him (tree top level).

I had to land beside him to actually see the vehicle. Strangest thing was that none of the town guns were firing at this M3 which from my POV had shots on him... Very strange and confusing to try and find him. EVEN WITH GV DAR!!!
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 10:46:55 AM »
I think the dar should only be visible on the map for people in GVs. Planes should not see it.

This would help with quicker ground action [reason for GV dar].
Prevent easy bombing by aircraft. [Reason against GV dar]
Aircraft would require ground support to help them find enemy GVs. Increased player coordination via the radio is a good thing.

:salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
Agree with Vinkman........only GV's should see the GV dar if we have to have GV dar.
otherwise get rid of GV dar!

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 08:19:43 PM »
The GV dar was added to make it easier to find action according to Hitech. Whether that action is from another GV or a plane looking to drop a bomb on a GV ACTION is ACTION.

The only problem with GV dar is it takes away those player who did nothing but hide in a likely spot and did nothing but pop GVs with out any "danger" to themselves. Now they have to hit and move and it makes it a bit tougher for them.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 02:24:36 AM »
GV spawns show the spawn points, GV sectors show the red "dar" square.
I knew about the spawns but wasn't sure if the sectors was the GV dar.
Thanks Fugi.  :salute
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 10:41:32 AM »
The GV dar was added to make it easier to find action according to Hitech. Whether that action is from another GV or a plane looking to drop a bomb on a GV ACTION is ACTION.
yes yes we all no that the definition of action is action.  We are addressing the effect on the action.
suppose HiTech was looking to create an optimized find-kill-time when engaging an enemy? Gv vs GV was too slow due to the large area a GV had to search. But if a plane can find and engage an enemy GV in 1/10th the time of a GV because the plane is 10 times faster and has a bird's eye view of the area, then it is logical and practical to not apply the GV dar to the plane, because it creates a find-kill-time that isn't optimum because it's too short.    This improves the GV interaction, but degrades the Plane to Gv interaction. breaking it up could be optimum.  ;)

The only problem with GV dar is it takes away those player who did nothing but hide in a likely spot and did nothing but pop GVs with out any "danger" to themselves. Now they have to hit and move and it makes it a bit tougher for them.

So we agree it helps improve GV engagements.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 11:07:24 AM »
I LIKE GV DAR.

GV’s hide way too easily in AH3 now. Engine off under a tree? Good luck finding them.... even in a Storch!!

FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »
I gv and I fly and I think the gv dar is a great thing.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 07:58:09 PM »
I think the dar should only be visible on the map for people in GVs. Planes should not see it.

This would help with quicker ground action [reason for GV dar].
Prevent easy bombing by aircraft. [Reason against GV dar]
Aircraft would require ground support to help them find enemy GVs. Increased player coordination via the radio is a good thing.

That would be an acceptable middle ground  to me. I know nothing of coding, technology, etc. so I don't know how feasible it would be. And if someone in tower were to pop into a manned gun on a base and see a GV dar, the change would be essentially meaningless.

But if HT wants GVs to find a fight with GVs (as opposed to GVs being known to be around by 23k aircraft, which is how I first learned of the abomination that is GV dar), your suggestion is a very good one.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2018, 10:59:13 AM »
... And if someone in tower were to pop into a manned gun on a base and see a GV dar, the change would be essentially meaningless.

Moly,

not sure what you mean by a manned gun making it meaningless. GV see the dar. No issues with a manned gun seeing it. Am I missing something?  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Gv dar
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »
I think what Moly meant was if the GV dar went away and someone in a manned gun spotted a GV the “GV dar” would show in the map as the GV’er would then be spotted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »
I think what Moly meant was if the GV dar went away and someone in a manned gun spotted a GV the “GV dar” would show in the map as the GV’er would then be spotted.

The GV dar would only visible on you clipboard map if you are on the ground. It would not be visible on the map if you are in the air.  So if you are in a GV or manned gun you would see the GV dar just like being in a GV. So it would change anything  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 01:38:40 PM »
They had radio communication so it is quite plausible that CAS aircraft would see the same thing. I suppose it jest depends on how you want to dilute the concept.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 02:53:03 PM »
From my experience last night, I learned that an M3 can sit inside town in a tree cluster and not be seen by a storch right above him (tree top level).

I had to land beside him to actually see the vehicle. Strangest thing was that none of the town guns were firing at this M3 which from my POV had shots on him... Very strange and confusing to try and find him. EVEN WITH GV DAR!!!

I get out and kill them with the pistol.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2018, 03:03:47 PM »
I get out and kill them with the pistol.

Awe man, I always do that!!! find out the best most perfect reaction days later... I was trying to auto-pitch up and use the rear gunner in the storch... but it only made him mad....
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life