Author Topic: Mic DB boost slider.  (Read 676 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Mic DB boost slider.
« on: February 15, 2018, 01:49:52 AM »
Numerous players keep pointing out to me my VOX keeps breaking up all the time. On my clipboard I have the Enable DB boost box selected & maxed out on the slider. After flying escourt for some bombers it was pointed out my VOX was breaking up again. I noticed that the slider kept going back to the default setting or after resetting it has a habit of gradually creeping down on the scale bit by bit.

Thoughts?

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Mic DB boost slider.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 02:09:51 AM »
Uncheck the auto checkbox

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 06:03:35 AM »
What FESS said. The Auto function tends to think you're speaking too loud anyway.

Also, adding checking the Voice setting at login as a pre-flight routine will save you and your fellow AH'ers from not being heard.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:38:52 AM »
Two weeks ago, I learned the UNCHECK the Auto DB Box.  I set the sliders, and for 3-4 days things were perfect.  Suddenly the sliders are reverting to quite settings.  Any ideas why they aren't staying where applied?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 12:04:44 PM »
Something out side the game is adjusting them.  We use the Windows settings for those sliders.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 01:57:44 PM »
Thanks Skuzzy!..I am running Windows 7, and there was an update was pushed.  Possible that those are resetting the sliders?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 02:01:25 PM »
Always possible.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 11:35:41 PM »
Thanks Skuzzy!..I am running Windows 7, and there was an update was pushed.  Possible that those are resetting the sliders?

I have Windows 10 and that absolutely has been happening with me every time a Nvidia video card driver updates. The last few times has been while in game that it creeps. I have clicked off enable and that so far has seemed to fix it.
So thank you all for your help.