Author Topic: I tried using the touch controlers. Yikes!  (Read 717 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
I tried using the touch controlers. Yikes!
« on: April 17, 2018, 11:51:07 PM »
I finally found time to try the Touch setup. Then I went to the Oculus page for AH and saw similar complaints to my experience. Check the ratings' comments in the 'Store'.

(Yes, I deleted all the vr... settings to force AH to rebuild them. It didn't help.)

Zoom: IMO it would be best NOT to map that button or at least map it to something else. Zoom can be disorientating to say the least and on my Touch, those buttons are OVERLY sensitive. I didn't try to disable it in my preferences.

Jump to position: Same issues with switching gun positions without intending to, and then it taking awhile to understand how it was happening. Probably a learning issue, but I also found retrieving the controller legend hard to launch, and sometimes hard keep visible. The legends wouldn't show until I deleted my vr... settings.

Throttle: I could not get the Touch to recognize the left Touch stick for anything, especially throttle control. Not in the controller setup window, and it was not mapped in the default.

One last thing. I'm still seeing the hints text boxes in the hanger and settings behind the clipboard in vr. They work in NonVR.

I hope this was helpful.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:53:48 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001