Author Topic: Downdraft settings  (Read 1836 times)

Offline weiser

• Copper Member
Downdraft settings
« on: October 26, 2017, 06:36:34 PM »
Gentleman,
   A few squads are getting together for a tournament style event and we will be using a couple of custom arena because of the limit of 16 per arena.
In the rules we have a min alt that we can go and what I need help with is I do not know how to set the Down Draft so that I can help discourage participants
from breaking the Alt cap.
  We are planning this event for Saturday Oct 18 so a quick response would be greatly appreciated.
<S>
weiser
co/162ndFG
co/162ndFG"Purple*Hearts"
success doesn't always mean fun
but having fun is always successful

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Downdraft settings
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:05:21 PM »
If you haven't found it yet, in the GUI on the clipboard, pull up Wind and look for 'Rise'. Experiment with it. Try both Maximum and Minimum values. Set if for the maximum of 127 rise. This prevents guys from deliberately flying into it and having a downdraft accelerator bring them back toward their opponent. To re-enter the combat box, they come down very slowly.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 09:07:20 PM »
Oh, and a simple cloud layer can help define the cap.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 09:32:57 AM »
What's even more fun is a huge updraft that sends them shooting 70,000ft into the air with no chance of recovery.  That way there's no question they broke the alt cap.   :devil
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 05:39:02 AM »
What's even more fun is a huge updraft that sends them shooting 70,000ft into the air with no chance of recovery.  That way there's no question they broke the alt cap.   :devil

Yep
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 02:47:22 PM »
Gentleman,
   A few squads are getting together for a tournament style event and we will be using a couple of custom arena because of the limit of 16 per arena.
In the rules we have a min alt that we can go and what I need help with is I do not know how to set the Down Draft so that I can help discourage participants
from breaking the Alt cap.
  We are planning this event for Saturday Oct 18 so a quick response would be greatly appreciated.
<S>
weiser
co/162ndFG

Previous KOTH CMs would host events like these for players if they wanted logs and such. No idea if the current staff does or not.
[ Again late, but for reference. ]
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54