Author Topic: Wirbelwind and ostwind skins  (Read 1681 times)

Offline LTARrato

• Zinc Member
Wirbelwind and ostwind skins
« on: March 24, 2018, 07:16:21 PM »
<S>
are there any whirbelwind or ostwind skins??
I have been searching high and low for some but I cant find any

thanks
~LTARrato
"you cant dodge rain drops"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Wirbelwind and ostwind skins
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 10:10:14 PM »
Best person to ask is Lyric.  If ANYONE can find a skin for something, it's him. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 10:51:46 PM »
<S>
are there any whirbelwind or ostwind skins??
I have been searching high and low for some but I cant find any

thanks
~LTARrato

None other than default.

Offline LTARrato

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 10:18:57 PM »
None other than default.

Do you create skins ?

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 02:36:14 AM »

Do you create skins ?

No not at all I only find stuff for those who can. I do have some profiles if you like I will post them? There really isn't a lot of choices so few photographed to get legitimate profiles. Ostwind photos are rare as hens teeth.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 07:24:13 AM »
The lack of good photos is probably why no skinner has ever made a skin for the flakpanzers. There were not many made and they were not used for long relative to other German GVs.

For me it is a month or more of work to create the first skin for a subject, doing all the panel lines, fasteners, textures, shadows, weathering etc. However most of this work gets carried over to subsequent skins. It usually takes me just a few days to change the colour scheme and some of the weathering to create another skin from the original template. So for it to be worth doing the initial work involved creating a new template there needs to be a good variety of other skins I can use it for later on and there just isn't with the flakpanzers.

Offline LTARrato

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »
No not at all I only find stuff for those who can. I do have some profiles if you like I will post them? There rea8lly isn't a lot of choices so few photographed to get legitimate profiles. Ostwind photos are rare as hens teeth.

If you could please post them, I would really appreciate it!
~LTARrato

Offline LTARrato

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 02:05:02 PM »
The lack of good photos is probably why no skinner has ever made a skin for the flakpanzers. There were not many made and they were not used for long relative to other German GVs.

For me it is a month or more of work to create the first skin for a subject, doing all the panel lines, fasteners, textures, shadows, weathering etc. However most of this work gets carried over to subsequent skins. It usually takes me just a few days to change the colour scheme and some of the weathering to create another skin from the original template. So for it to be worth doing the initial work involved creating a new template there needs to be a good variety of other skins I can use it for later on and there just isn't with the flakpanzers.

Is it hard to change the color scheme? 
If it isn't hard then how would I change the color scheme?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 04:26:58 PM »
You can't just take the original skin and change the colour scheme on it, a new multi-layer skin template has to be created with all the detail and shadows etc and this takes ages. Only once this original template is made can other skins be made quickly using it.

Your best bet is to find a skinner who would want to make new flakpanzer templates, but the lack of photographic evidence for different skins to use the template for is going to put them off. HTC won't accept fantasy skins for the MA, they require evidence to prove the subject existed in RL. I haven't got time to do this though as I spend much of my skinning time making new default skins for the game and in-between those I rush out a few skins based on my existing templates.

Offline LTARrato

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 06:30:39 PM »
You can't just take the original skin and change the colour scheme on it, a new multi-layer skin template has to be created with all the detail and shadows etc and this takes ages. Only once this original template is made can other skins be made quickly using it.

Your best bet is to find a skinner who would want to make new flakpanzer templates, but the lack of photographic evidence for different skins to use the template for is going to put them off. HTC won't accept fantasy skins for the MA, they require evidence to prove the subject existed in RL. I haven't got time to do this though as I spend much of my skinning time making new default skins for the game and in-between those I rush out a few skins based on my existing templates.

hey man thank for the advice, I really appreciate it!
thanks
~LTARrato

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 02:55:09 AM »
If you could please post them, I would really appreciate it!
~LTARrato

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 11:42:00 AM »
Pretty please can we have some of these...... :O

I've been looking at that puke ugly wirble skin we have for so long I don't think I even know what any of the details look like on the thing itself anymore. I apologize Greebo I know you have many other priorities. Just a moment of weakness.

Recently I made an offline terrain so someone could get practice in the wirbel by being 800yds away from the drones...... :lol
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 02:12:24 PM »
You'll have to ask one of our skinning guru's ...like Greebo...

Hey Greebo - you need a 'for bribes' link in your signature.... :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 02:33:51 PM »
The folks you need to ask are HTC.  Only they can say one way or the other if these can be submitted. :joystick:

Unless you are referring to a "baked in" skin for an AvA Map or Scenario/FSO thing. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 02:08:39 AM »