Author Topic: Scenario Development Milestones  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Scenario Development Milestones
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 05:58:31 PM »
I don`t know anything about organizing a Scenario but what is there to test and practice? Considering how long these events have been running why it takes so long to plan few missions? Considering how many people want to fly historical planeset then 6 moths planning before they can do that seems a bit too much. How is FSO run every month? I think people try to thread the needle too much with planning and achieving maximum effectiveness. I have seen those who lead a flight loose control of their aircraft and/or forget to inform their squad because of teamspeak communication etc.
FSO is a totally different beast. FSO basically has one guy deciding what everyone is going to do, and there's less involvement in the fact that targets must be hit by t+60. Either the CiC knows which planes can get where by when, or they run a quick test or two if they are trying for some end-around route or something coordinated. Then he distributes them to all of the squads and they just follow those orders (or something very similar).

Scenarios have much more involvement in the planning process. First, you get together with 5-8 people (your command staff) and see what everyone's likes, dislikes, opinions are. Then, you take a look at the write up and figure out all sorts of different possibilities with regard to planning, routes, numbers, scoring, tactics, etc. Then you have to start to organize all of these thoughts into a decent looking plan for Frame 1, possibly 2.

I'm sure you could just wing it, but some people want to immerse themselves since they're spending 4 hours on a Saturday afternoon playing pixel pilot.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com