Author Topic: X-52 controller problems  (Read 611 times)

Offline br456a

• Zinc Member
X-52 controller problems
« on: March 25, 2018, 11:21:49 PM »
Ok here is my problem - I got a X-52 pro and when I map the verrous buttons they say all is ok.
NOW when I enter the game the buttons do not work as programmed :mad: I deleted everything reinstalled
the game and controller drivers and I get the same result :bhead

The controller map shows my setting correctly but in the game it either does not work or the function is different :O

I have been playing the game for years using a X-52 controller with no problems.. now this :headscratch:

HELP!  I can not play the game now!  Thanks in advance BR17
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:23:37 PM by br456a »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: X-52 controller problems
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 11:27:32 PM »
I find I have to have game controllers ..properties of x52 up on desktop  to get all buttons working corectly
Might help..
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline br456a

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 01:07:37 AM »
The x-52 controller programmes like it should. I go in and modify a button for a function and exit like anyone would. Then I go into the game and that function I just programmed does not work! I check it in the controller function and it is programmed ok. it looks like to me a game problem not a controller problem...

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 02:27:10 AM »
How about omitting the x-52 controller and map the functions directly in the game? For AH using a third party program to perform things you could program directly in the game settings sounds to me like double mapping which has a built in option to fail. Unless you need some fancy macro functions programmed, I'd choose the direct way i.e. mapping the controller in AH.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 06:01:00 AM »
How about omitting the x-52 controller and map the functions directly in the game? For AH using a third party program to perform things you could program directly in the game settings sounds to me like double mapping which has a built in option to fail. Unless you need some fancy macro functions programmed, I'd choose the direct way i.e. mapping the controller in AH.
You have to map the controller INGAME. If you map through the stick software, it doesn't carry over.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 06:10:13 AM »
The x-52 controller programmes like it should. I go in and modify a button for a function and exit like anyone would. Then I go into the game and that function I just programmed does not work! I check it in the controller function and it is programmed ok. it looks like to me a game problem not a controller problem...

In the game, go to Options->Controls->Map Controllers.

Then press the button you want to program to see what command you have set to that button, in the game.  The game will tell you is a button is programmed.  If it show "NOT ASSIGNED", then simply double-click the button and a command list will pop-up.  Select the command, hit "OK" and the command will be programmed to the button you pressed.

Be sure to hit "OK" before leaving "Map Controllers" or the programming wil not be saved.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline br456a

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »
Hi Scuzzy, I have been playing this game for years and know how to programme the
controller. IN the game the controller mapping shows the correct setting that I want
BUT when I go to try to use that or any programmed function in the game
it DOES NOT WORK. I check the settings in the controller function and it is
there as I set it...  :bhead

I have tried loading one function at a time or multiple functions and get the same
result. I have purged the game and controller (X-52 Pro) from my computer.
Loaded everything new and get the same results...

Any other ideas??

BR17

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 11:46:14 AM »
I use the x52 but I don’t use the mapping software that comes with the Hotas. Not sure if you are running it in conjunction with AH3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline br456a

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 12:05:12 PM »
Nope just the game programme for the X-52. The game recognizes the stick and like I said the programming of the stick in the functions menu but when I enter the game they do not work...

Offline br456a

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 12:09:17 PM »
 :joystick: I forgot to say that the keyboard functions are all OK...
BR17

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 12:09:48 PM »
By any chance do you have it plugged in to a USB 3.0 port?

If you do, plug it into a USB 2.0 and give it a go.

Offline br456a

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 01:18:41 PM »
 I finally found my problem! I was able to programme everything for flight :airplane: no problem! Then it dawned on me that
flight was mode 1 (Flight and default). I then went to mode 2 (vehicle) and programmed everything there and guess what? Everything works :aok
DUH!!!! :grin: Thanks to everyone for helping me... mode 2 who knew :headscratch:

BR17

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 01:36:36 PM »
Glad ya got it figured out!