Author Topic: What Is The Harassment Threshold  (Read 2363 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
What Is The Harassment Threshold
« on: March 27, 2018, 11:09:27 AM »
Before someone should send game film in??

We've all have "poor sport" encounters, some more than others, but at what point should I be sending film in?

Personal attacks? Homophobic slurs?

I'll do the ".report <PlayerID>" if the private messages start coming in, usually followed by a squelch. But again, what is the threshold to say, ok, this guy is really ruining my gaming experience and someone needs to be informed of it...

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: What Is The Harassment Threshold
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 11:29:05 AM »
I would say if it is 200 ranting the threshold is higher, unsolicited PM much lower, somebody using shade or squadies to track you down repeatedly and that kind of thing very low. Ultimately it is whatever you think is reasonable. The occasional tantrum happens but...you know, angry drunks vs happy drunks not enough time in life to live with angry drunks, and we aren't even talking about drunks.
Pies not kicks.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 11:35:32 AM »
I would say if it is 200 ranting the threshold is higher, unsolicited PM much lower, somebody using shade or squadies to track you down repeatedly and that kind of thing very low. Ultimately it is whatever you think is reasonable. The occasional tantrum happens but...you know, angry drunks vs happy drunks not enough time in life to live with angry drunks, and we aren't even talking about drunks.

Ok, I think I'll just chalk this one up to "having a temper tantrum" and leave it at that...     Just sad really I suppose. Pathetic even.

"Argue with an idiot and they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

If the PM's continue with the language that was used i'lll be sending it off; it ruined my AvA experience and I actually logged off the game for the night.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 11:49:32 AM »
Ok, I think I'll just chalk this one up to "having a temper tantrum" and leave it at that...     Just sad really I suppose. Pathetic even.

"Argue with an idiot and they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

If the PM's continue with the language that was used i'lll be sending it off; it ruined my AvA experience and I actually logged off the game for the night.

Don't forget about .squelch.  When I get PM rage it's usually only 1 or 2 and I generally just reply along the lines of "shh. you're dead."  Arguing on 200's generally just not worth it.  If I get sick of it, I squelch.  If it's bad enough, .report, .squelch.  Can't recall if I've ever reported anyone.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 11:53:07 AM »

I must have missed this.  Pretty rare for tantrums to erupt from the AvA crowd.

Must have been a noob!

- oldman

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »
I'm not sure what I SAW but I'm sure it must of been a brain fart KB... regardless send in the .report followed up by a film emailed to the Skuzmiester and let the player then explain their actions to the admins.  Distance yourself from the process... - you didn't deserve that.

And for the record, last night was an off night for me.  I died like 10 times and got one assist.  Last week, I got 10 kills and 2 deaths. But I didn't go raging even when I was blown out of the sky while picking my nose... (not seriously, but I was just typing into the console and I got sniped). 
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 12:39:12 PM »
Guys remember vDallas? :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 12:42:37 PM »
Guys remember vDallas? :D

OMG do I ever.  Thinking about it now still makes me giggle and to shake my head...
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 12:51:37 PM »
I'm not sure what I SAW but I'm sure it must of been a brain fart KB... regardless send in the .report followed up by a film emailed to the Skuzmiester and let the player then explain their actions to the admins.  Distance yourself from the process... - you didn't deserve that.

And for the record, last night was an off night for me.  I died like 10 times and got one assist.  Last week, I got 10 kills and 2 deaths. But I didn't go raging even when I was blown out of the sky while picking my nose... (not seriously, but I was just typing into the console and I got sniped).

Roger that, didn't want to submit if it was just my feathers getting ruffled.  :cheers:   

Let's just say that my plumage hasn't been ruffled like that before.  :joystick:   I'll just eat some ZAW to relax. (AKA Pizza)  :devil

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 01:04:58 PM »
Don’t put up with attitude from anyone. Unless it’s me, in which case it’s good advice you should heed.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 01:06:47 PM »
Don’t put up with attitude from anyone. Unless it’s me, in which case it’s good advice you should heed.

:aok :D    Noted For Future Reference. . .

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 02:00:50 PM »
For future reference.

If you feel like a player has stepped over a line, then do the .report and then feel free to contact support@hitechcreations.com.  This is especially true when it is via a PM as that circumvents the .report voting mechanism.

The .report records the text buffer to the server so we have a record we can review.

If a player is being abusive to you, then there is more than a good chance they are being abusive to others.

We are always happy to take care of these issues.

By the way, it was just dumb luck I stumbled into this forum today.  Just keep that in mind.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 02:22:32 PM »
For future reference.

If you feel like a player has stepped over a line, then do the .report and then feel free to contact support@hitechcreations.com.  This is especially true when it is via a PM as that circumvents the .report voting mechanism.

The .report records the text buffer to the server so we have a record we can review.

If a player is being abusive to you, then there is more than a good chance they are being abusive to others.

We are always happy to take care of these issues.

By the way, it was just dumb luck I stumbled into this forum today.  Just keep that in mind.

Understood Skuzzy,  The boys above I think gave me the info I needed... Not sure it warrants review, but wanted to know so that I can keep an eye on it.

I get that this game evokes emotion at times, but there's always a fine line between random internet hate, and targeted harassment.   Thanks for the direction all above.

(I'll just put my big boy pants on and magic shield of tolerance +5 for now...  :devil )

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 01:23:52 PM »
Before someone should send game film in??

I don't tolerate crap from people in real life so why put up with it here.  I run film for all engagements and send it in if I feel it's needed.  If it caused you to log then it has certainly been an invasive act.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 02:42:28 PM »
Don't forget about .squelch.  When I get PM rage it's usually only 1 or 2 and I generally just reply along the lines of "shh. you're dead."  Arguing on 200's generally just not worth it.  If I get sick of it, I squelch.  If it's bad enough, .report, .squelch.  Can't recall if I've ever reported anyone.

Wiley.

^ this. There are still a couple of people in the MA that get very wound up about dying in cartoon planes :)