Author Topic: Radar suggestion/observation  (Read 553 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Radar suggestion/observation
« on: March 31, 2018, 02:27:15 PM »
Any way to turn radar off for planes that are 15 miles from base or closer? I believe this would slow down camping the spawn and or b-linning it right to a specific red con on the map. It would make it so that planes show up on the radar as they enter the main fighting area. Would make it a little more challenging, maybe a little more realistic, and prevent ganging right over the spawn, as players couldn't just b-line it right to an area near the spawn.

Don't know If that is possible but was just thinking about it this morning.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Radar suggestion/observation
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 02:33:51 PM »
Any way to turn radar off for planes that are 15 miles from base or closer? I believe this would slow down camping the spawn and or b-linning it right to a specific red con on the map. It would make it so that planes show up on the radar as they enter the main fighting area. Would make it a little more challenging, maybe a little more realistic, and prevent ganging right over the spawn, as players couldn't just b-line it right to an area near the spawn.

Don't know If that is possible but was just thinking about it this morning.

We used to have radar off like FSO, several people asked for it to be turned on to expedite the fighting and it certainly did the job.

Your specific request is not doable with the settings we have. We could however turn it on for aircraft over a certain altitude.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 05:14:06 PM »
We used to have radar off like FSO, several people asked for it to be turned on to expedite the fighting and it certainly did the job.

Your specific request is not doable with the settings we have. We could however turn it on for aircraft over a certain altitude.

Its been awhile since ive done one of these.. but cons below 2000 feet go coldblooded, i remember having guys just piling into the low furball over and over after they die.. pick one, die and repeat.

Just a thought.. like I said its been awhile since ive done one.

Is it possible to turn.dar off under a certain alt and over another one?

Say below 2k and above 1k whatever the airspawn is?

Ultimately.. you could get the spawn dailed in if that is your goal either way.  Just food for thought.  Going to request an early night off work for the next one. :cheers:

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 06:50:36 PM »
Alright that is what I figured. I like the dar personally but having it scope the entire arena gives the more aggressive team an even bigger advantage by capping the fight from every side by seeing where the enemy is going after they spawn.  I agree with Lazers point that low fighters do have a serious disadvantage with the dar showing planes at every alt. "The dog pile phenomenon". Maybe adjusting it so that planes under 1K don't show. I think it would help people escape the fight easier and not easily get poached on by the next hoard that can easily find you on the map.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 06:56:13 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion