Author Topic: VR-Patch-GV Really bad Big chunky spewing  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: VR-Patch-GV Really bad Big chunky spewing
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 05:23:28 PM »
What do you have - Oculus or HTC?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 05:28:06 PM »
Rift. You see through the barrel, with the sight, but there is no stability as there used to be. Before, i could drive in gunner position, and fire while moving. Now i can't  It's of no consequence. I've been considering a break anyway, I guess.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 12:48:39 PM »
Rift. You see through the barrel, with the sight, but there is no stability as there used to be. Before, i could drive in gunner position, and fire while moving. Now i can't  It's of no consequence. I've been considering a break anyway, I guess.

I am really not understanding what you are trying to describe?

Is it simply that you want the tank sight locked no mater what you do with your head?

HiTech

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 02:38:26 PM »
No, I wish that I could describe the before and after better. Before everything was smooth, I didn't have to hold my head perfectly still in turret view. I could engage in a running fire fight. Now, not only do I have to hold my head perfectly still, there is no trying to move in turret view, you can't see where you're going. I know that this fixed it for most people, and I will just take the loss and move on. Thanks for everything, it's really been a great run.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 02:48:05 PM »
No, I wish that I could describe the before and after better. Before everything was smooth, I didn't have to hold my head perfectly still in turret view. I could engage in a running fire fight. Now, not only do I have to hold my head perfectly still, there is no trying to move in turret view, you can't see where you're going. I know that this fixed it for most people, and I will just take the loss and move on. Thanks for everything, it's really been a great run.

I do not know what the "Turret view" is, are you speaking of the Commander view or the primary tank sight gunner view?

HiTech

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 03:15:55 PM »
The gunsight view. Sorry for miscommunication.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 03:48:09 PM »
The gunsight view. Sorry for miscommunication.

I already wrote this as an option for the next patch. Is in VR use fixed position tank and bomb sights.

HiTech

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 04:20:00 PM »
 :salute  Thank you. I'll be looking forward to it. I appreciate your direct attention, HiTech. I know I've been a pain in your posterior at times.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 03:52:03 PM »
The patch seems to have fixed the issue for me. Thank you very much.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 12:10:07 AM »
Sweet! :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2018, 06:09:39 PM »
Wow its been a spell since I played and OMG I couldn't use a anti tank gun on a port to save my life including no stable view through the site so off to GVing I went and my tank optics could actually be used but with great care due to an unstable optic view as well. Just a VR thing adjusted in one of the many patches during my absence I imagine :old:
What happened?
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 06:06:05 AM »
I already wrote this as an option for the next patch. Is in VR use fixed position tank and bomb sights.

HiTech

Thank God,...I haven't played since the update made the sights move with head movement,..aghhhhh.
Will try and log on today and take my chances again....Perhaps I will be happily surprised :old:
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 06:16:04 PM »
you know you can turn that off right?

Also that feature addresses issues where some of the sight is not readable as data is on the edges of the screen. For example the T34 sights at close range zero is right up the top and hard to read. Or some of the range dials on german tanks are hard to read as they are on the edge of your vision.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:17:38 PM by Vulcan »