Author Topic: Where to put skins installer  (Read 711 times)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Where to put skins installer
« on: April 17, 2018, 07:24:02 PM »
I just got to spend several hours installing, updating and cussing Windows.  Now I've got AH3 installed and tried to use the skins installer to install all skins but I keep getting a message saying "Cannot find a valid installation path to Aces High III. Please provide one."

So uh....how do I do that please?
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Re: Where to put skins installer
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »
Columbo, when I manually download, I put them into the skins folder, under the AcesHighIII folder.  Most of my skins autodownload to the same folder in the background through the game.  All that is needed for this to happen, I believe, is to make sure to check the "download skins" checkbox on the clipboard when you are in the hangar.  Hope this helps you!   :salute

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 10:08:36 PM »
Installation path is:

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:24:56 PM »
Almost sounds like a wish I once made.

"Option to download all skins".

1. Not everyone wants to wait for the skin to come through the game.
2. Some folks wouldn't know where to look for them. (though I',m sure this will be pointed out.)
3. HiTech might want to step back and take a good look at this game from a newbie perspective.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 05:47:17 AM »
You have to run the game once before the skins installer can find where the game is installed.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 09:20:20 AM »
Ok thanks Skuzzy.  I think I had run the game...will try again.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"