Author Topic: Players who has passed that we miss...  (Read 8781 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Players who has passed that we miss...
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2018, 11:18:09 PM »
Wizzy with his trademark infectious laugh when he got a kill or he came back from a trip to the tower.

Wizzy was special, he would spend an hour climbing the mountains in the TT of Crater Map, then giggle every time he killed someone. As soon as he was killed he would do it all over again. :rofl
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2018, 10:18:10 AM »
Wizzy was special, he would spend an hour climbing the mountains in the TT of Crater Map, then giggle every time he killed someone. As soon as he was killed he would do it all over again. :rofl

If anyone has old film with Wizzy on vox, we should put together snippets of them into a little vid.  Make him immortal.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2018, 03:20:05 PM »
Grizzly of AoM?  Did not know he passed away.

Grizz is alive and doing well!  Oh and so is Ghosth,Ghosth is busy being a gramps.

:salute

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2018, 10:59:56 PM »
Mielta is the guy I miss... he immigrated here from Poland with a wife and two young daughters with a suitcase and a dream. He got into the Silicon Valley game, started a business that eventually sold to Cisco Systems for millions... he died of brain cancer. There was a page up for him for a long time and in the picture of when his small start up had sold out he looked like it had almost all been too easy-

He was a good man, great sense of humor and he got me hooked on Embassy Suites and showed me how to properly drink shots of Polish vodka. He was a good man.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2018, 01:17:38 AM »
If anyone has old film with Wizzy on vox, we should put together snippets of them into a little vid.  Make him immortal.
:uhoh Lost all my films when we went to 3.  :bhead Had several with Wizzy, doing his ATC. Never got picked within sight of his Wirb or Manned Gun :salute Thats why I do it that way, an extra set of eyeballs goes along way  :salute
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:19:50 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2018, 05:31:08 AM »
:uhoh Lost all my films when we went to 3.  :bhead Had several with Wizzy, doing his ATC. Never got picked within sight of his Wirb or Manned Gun :salute Thats why I do it that way, an extra set of eyeballs goes along way  :salute
If you still have the films all you'd need is a copy of AH2. With the AH2 film viewer you can then save the most memorable moments as .avi files.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2018, 03:59:01 PM »
His handle was AWMac

Mac was a friend to me when I was neophyte here and we exchanged calls and emails.  Life happened and I was away from the game and the boards for a long time.  Then one night I logged on for the hell of it and saw that he had passed and just absolutely broke down in tears.  He was a really good guy.

To all that have passed  :salute
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2018, 02:42:19 AM »
Mielta is the guy I miss... he immigrated here from Poland with a wife and two young daughters with a suitcase and a dream. He got into the Silicon Valley game, started a business that eventually sold to Cisco Systems for millions... he died of brain cancer. There was a page up for him for a long time and in the picture of when his small start up had sold out he looked like it had almost all been too easy-

He was a good man, great sense of humor and he got me hooked on Embassy Suites and showed me how to properly drink shots of Polish vodka. He was a good man.

I used to hang with him and Ramzey when I lived in Los Gatos. We flew a lot, shot guns and of course, was a professional with the bottle. I have a photo of
Jim around somewhere on photobucket along with Agnes.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2018, 10:17:25 PM »
Stoliman/Deke

Fish62

Yep, miss both ,great guys  !
  Sometimes we forget to appreciate people when are still around.  https://youtu.be/5W16YFgJ_RU

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2018, 02:28:17 AM »
If you still have the films all you'd need is a copy of AH2. With the AH2 film viewer you can then save the most memorable moments as .avi files.
I attempted to upgrade my PC and Royally screwed the pootch. New graphics card wasnt as "PLUG AND PLAY" as I thought. Had to reinstall everything. Lost a lot of memories that were archived. 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2018, 02:32:03 AM »
Yep, miss both ,great guys  !
  Sometimes we forget to appreciate people when are still around.  https://youtu.be/5W16YFgJ_RU
AMEN, Sir! When are you gonna get back in here :headscratch: You were an integral part of ME learning this game...You are missed, Sir  :rock

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2018, 09:46:15 AM »
AMEN, Sir! When are you gonna get back in here :headscratch: You were an integral part of ME learning this game...You are missed, Sir  :rock

:aok need you back ghi!!!!!!!!
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »
I attempted to upgrade my PC and Royally screwed the pootch. New graphics card wasnt as "PLUG AND PLAY" as I thought. Had to reinstall everything. Lost a lot of memories that were archived.
Almost as sad as losing a fellow player.  :cry Had you told us right when it happened, a lot may have been saveable.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2018, 07:27:09 PM »

Grizz is alive and doing well!  Oh and so is Ghosth,Ghosth is busy being a gramps.

:salute
Really>?? Can you PM me GhostH info? email? I pass through his state all the time.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:31:45 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2018, 07:29:46 PM »

I didn't know Mieta died. Sad.

How are YOU doing you dried prune-California-Hippie-Weed-stinking-friend?