Author Topic: May '18 KOTH dates  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
May '18 KOTH dates
« on: May 03, 2018, 02:59:27 AM »
Saturday KOTH will be held 5th May at 3pm EDT, 8pm BST, 9pm CET in the SEA II arena.  First plane TBC.  Has been 2 months in a row with a really low turnout.  If you love KOTH then please make an effort to show.   

US Saturday KOTH will be held: May 20th, Please click the link below for further details on timings etc.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,392835.0.html
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: May '18 KOTH dates
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »
havent got around to posting the logs from last night yet.  we did have a good turnout.  :aok

I just wanted to address the rusyn grounding due to his oil leak.  whilst at the time I felt bad about it and apologised.  The rules clearly state each player must be able to maintain powered flight or bail.   By having his engine off he was breaking that rule.  Had he kept it windmilling or powered on he wouldnt have been grounded.  It did not matter that he still had oil and could restart it.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 01:43:26 PM »
havent got around to posting the logs from last night yet.  we did have a good turnout.  :aok

I just wanted to address the rusyn grounding due to his oil leak.  whilst at the time I felt bad about it and apologised.  The rules clearly state each player must be able to maintain powered flight or bail.   By having his engine off he was breaking that rule.  Had he kept it windmilling or powered on he wouldnt have been grounded.  It did not matter that he still had oil and could restart it.

:rofl

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 01:57:02 PM »

Seems to me like a distinction without a difference.   If the airplane is capable of running then it doesn't matter if it is windmilling or not. 

By this logic one shouldn't be able to fly at an opponent with reduced power in the hope of running him out of gas.   

Sounds like a rule has been invented from thin air.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 01:58:17 PM »
:rofl

Did he beat you AGAIN?   (Insert Rage Quit Here)  :rofl :ahand
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 08:10:39 AM »
Was getting the van going and couldn't attend.
Last month I was doing same thing for early KOTH and sat in the driveway waiting for someone to get home and let me in, didn't have a house key on that key chain, and missed the late one.
Glad turnout was better.

From my old useless POV, nope not going there. :aok

Hope to make the next one, and ....

Do you have what it takes to be Aces High's King of the Hill?

http://www.ahevents.net/index.php/events/koth

US Saturday KOTH will be held: April 21, 2018, 10:00:00 PM in SEA2

GMT: Sunday, April 22, 2018 2:00:00 AM

Seeing it wasn't listed here.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:12:55 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 10:56:40 AM »
KOTH tonight!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!