Author Topic: Change Color For Unavailable Planes/Vehicles  (Read 823 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Change Color For Unavailable Planes/Vehicles
« on: May 04, 2018, 11:34:17 PM »
The colors are too close to be able for some of us to tell which plane is available and which is not, due to ENY.
In this image there is one plane that I can't choose. (without looking at ENY, guess which one)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Change Color For Unavailable Planes/Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:51:42 PM »
Also, if the plane you have selected is ENY’d it is the same color as if available.   Would be nice for the letters to change to red. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 07:19:16 AM »
Yes, would be nice if the ENY color was more obvious.

Also, would be nice if ord was greyed-out if it is unavailable.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 08:44:53 AM »
Maybe it is the color setup on your monitors. Even in a screen shot posted here I can see the yellow of the LA easily. The only difference between the LA line and the "Ordnance, Fuel" on the floor of the hanger is the font, but the color is the same.

You might want to take a look at the color setup on your monitors. I use to have a site that you could use to adjust the color of your screen but must have lost it in one of those "links" purges.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 08:57:19 AM »
My experience is that the ENY color becomes more difficult to distinguish early or late in the AH "day" when the sun is rising/setting and the light is orange-yellow.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 09:56:47 AM »
Maybe it is the color setup on your monitors. Even in a screen shot posted here I can see the yellow of the LA easily. The only difference between the LA line and the "Ordnance, Fuel" on the floor of the hanger is the font, but the color is the same.

You might want to take a look at the color setup on your monitors. I use to have a site that you could use to adjust the color of your screen but must have lost it in one of those "links" purges.

That has no bearing on a selected plane.   It is the same color whether it is ENY'd or not. 
”KILLER V”

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 10:33:08 AM »
That has no bearing on a selected plane.   It is the same color whether it is ENY'd or not.

I was answering to the OP. In the case of your issue, if your already selected on a plane that isnt available, you do get the popup window.

Do you ever fly anything other than a pony?  :devil

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 10:42:42 AM »

Color calibration is not an issue. 
That screenshot was taken during AHIII evening time.  That's when it's really hard to see the difference in text.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 01:18:44 PM »
I was answering to the OP.

Who happens to be right.

In the case of your issue, if your already selected on a plane that isnt available, you do get the popup window.

Which is a nuisance.   What’s the point of colors at all if the pop up window is the solution?  Hint: It’s not, otherwise Hitech wouldn’t have added the colors in the first place. 

”KILLER V”

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 03:14:35 PM »
Color calibration is not an issue. 
That screenshot was taken during AHIII evening time.  That's when it's really hard to see the difference in text.

Coogan

Who happens to be right.

Which is a nuisance.   What’s the point of colors at all if the pop up window is the solution?  Hint: It’s not, otherwise Hitech wouldn’t have added the colors in the first place. 

Funny, I can clearly see the LA text in the screen shot is in yellow with my 60 year old eyes. Maybe my monitor is adjusted to see yellow better.  :rolleyes:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 04:37:21 PM »
Funny, I can clearly see the LA text in the screen shot is in yellow with my 60 year old eyes. Maybe my monitor is adjusted to see yellow better.  :rolleyes:

Nice dodge.   :rolleyes:
”KILLER V”

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 04:50:39 PM »

While I too can see the LA in yellow, it does NOT "pop".  What OP wants is a color that will clearly "pop".
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.