Author Topic: First Time C/O needs some feedback  (Read 663 times)

Offline Hening

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.axion.net/~glenb/main.html
First Time C/O needs some feedback
« on: September 08, 2001, 08:46:00 AM »
Thank you to all the squads that took on their missions in Frame 1.  This was my first opportunity to C/O in AH and along with assigning squads to predesigned missions, the rest of my duty was to receive radio contacts from the missions reporting in and explaining the impossible tasks ahead of them.

Please let me know if I let any of you down or could have done more.  The fact that some of our mates chose not to attend this event in protest added to the incredible numbers against us and logistical nightmares.  Those of you that answered the call did a fantastic job and I'm proud to have been associated with you in this frame. <S>

Offline Holder

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.constable.ca
First Time C/O needs some feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
I would like to add my $0.02 here as I came up with what little design was required being a member of 416 RCAF. I come from a WarBirds background where these types of events are organized by an independant staff, and the frame strategy and tactics are designed solely by the frame CO and his staff. I was more than a little surprised to see the orders for this frame in that the  targets were specified in this scenario. I was expecting a list of targets that were fair game, and then being required to develop a plan that would hit so many of those targets. The current ToD design took that initiative away from the CO and his design staff.

If this is to be the way ToDs are run then there is little need for a CO, just assign the squads when the design is developed. That is the easy part. However, I would much rather have more control over the design of an attack plan. Certainly I would have developed something very different from this one, which is one of the benefits of this type of system. Ita can also be a downfall depending on the quality of the COs and their staffs. But it also takes a lot of pressure off of the ToD organizers. They have lots to do already, let the COs and their staff do the groundwork in each frame.

In my mind that would work much better than having the bulk of the work laid on the ToD organizers.