Author Topic: Field Recording gear  (Read 945 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Field Recording gear
« on: April 15, 2019, 04:52:38 PM »
This video just about says it all for me. I've been using the TASCAM and Marantz setups with Sennheiser mics, but I am convinced that the Sound Devices field recorders are the best of the best and certainly the direction I am heading now. I just got my hands on the first CMIT mic I could find, but the floor on Tascam is too noisy for what I want to do. Ideally I would like to have great equipment like this and then pay for aircraft to give me a day of (nondestructive) recording for some small fee. I will have to hire more crew though. Just thinking out loud at this point. My travel days are coming to an end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7zoxLOweZ8

If anyone is interested it's not a bad field to get into, but it takes time and effort to acquire jobs. I'm working for my second game company now. It's not bad money, but not great either. I have about $120,000 invested in equipment and travel, and I've made just over $45,000. I'm not putting a lot of effort into finding work, obviously, and so far I have not started to sell sounds online.

Just FYI.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.