Author Topic: Most dangerous plane in the game  (Read 6930 times)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Re: Most dangerous plane in the game
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2018, 04:15:50 PM »
Outclassed and under skilled while in a b17 doesn't matter. That unskilled b17 driver will more than likely send you back either dead or with so much damage that your out of the fight. That same pilot in any fighter or attack might ping me 1/10 fights.

For a newer pilot a b17 is the most deadly plane in the game.

What would be interesting is to have a vet like 9999 da another vet in let's say a p51. With a 8 min time limit I am willing to bet 9990 wins best of 5 fights.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2018, 07:45:37 PM »
I dunno i about that... im rarely worried about the spit 16. Most fast planes can force an overshoot against a high spit and then dive away once you have enough of a heading difference. I find a well flown k4 more dangerous.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2018, 09:36:05 PM »
I dunno i about that... im rarely worried about the spit 16. Most fast planes can force an overshoot against a high spit and then dive away once you have enough of a heading difference. I find a well flown k4 more dangerous.

I’m still figuring it out but I’m learning to fight the K4 in a 51.  That said, with a Spit XVI?  Night and day easier.   It’s almost cheating.   Oh, and super fun, but, yeah, too slow if he runs. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2018, 09:53:06 PM »
I’m still figuring it out but I’m learning to fight the K4 in a 51.  That said, with a Spit XVI?  Night and day easier.   It’s almost cheating.   Oh, and super fun, but, yeah, too slow if he runs. 
If I’m in a 51 fighting a K4 I always fought with speed. One or two notch of flaps only. Never get down and dirty. It’s a really hard battle that away. Keep the K4 above 300 mph and you win.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2018, 11:40:19 PM »
:aok Right, cant argue with your logic. I was talking of using the spit SOON after take off. NOT coming in at 25k for a 6k fight :cheers: I find it right up my alley,if I do get inbound air, ditch bombs,dive what I can(usually earthworm low) with WEP...she can match energy fairly quick. Most think because you are low...EASY. Make em miss once or twice and they are all mine. PROBLEM IS FX1 and RUD3BOI NEVER MISS ME :furious  :rofl  Ok, might be flawed in execution sometimes...but still love my Spit16 :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2018, 11:44:23 PM »
Outclassed and under skilled while in a b17 doesn't matter. That unskilled b17 driver will more than likely send you back either dead or with so much damage that your out of the fight. That same pilot in any fighter or attack might ping me 1/10 fights.

For a newer pilot a b17 is the most deadly plane in the game.

What would be interesting is to have a vet like 9999 da another vet in let's say a p51. With a 8 min time limit I am willing to bet 9990 wins best of 5 fights.
Dont be fooled...I have seen 999,000 in a fighter :eek: He was DAMN good in it too. I let him get me :uhoh Think it was an FM2? I hit him just couldnt knock him out. It has .50s so YES he was accurate! :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2018, 09:36:46 AM »
Although I normally fly the B 38 bomber, i did take a TA152 in a scenario about a year a go. I had a blast turning and burning on the deck in that thing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2018, 01:24:44 PM »
If I’m in a 51 fighting a K4 I always fought with speed. One or two notch of flaps only. Never get down and dirty. It’s a really hard battle that away. Keep the K4 above 300 mph and you win.

That may be what I’m doing and not realizing it, but when I’m light especially I am getting slower than that at the top to keep the pressure on.
”KILLER V”

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »
That may be what I’m doing and not realizing it, but when I’m light especially I am getting slower than that at the top to keep the pressure on.
In a pony I always flew at 10k. Gives me enough alt to make overshoots possible and if I messed up I could dive and try again.

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2018, 05:45:53 PM »
In a pony I always flew at 10k. Gives me enough alt to make overshoots possible and if I messed up I could dive and try again.

That’s where I start but it’s all downhill from there. 
”KILLER V”

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2018, 07:55:13 PM »
Only use a little alt and when he disengages climb back as much as you can.

The Few

-Spek