Author Topic: Thursday Night Tank Fights and Training in the AVA--5/31/18 at 8pm EST  (Read 608 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Thursday night tank fights

8pm EST in the AVA arena

join use for some heavy metal fun. always a blast, always a good time. you wont regret it!!

bring a friend..... or an enemy!

common vox 223, check MOTD for base and tank assignments!

see ya then

<S>

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Another fun night bumping iron together!  Thanks for the setup.  :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
was awesome, just cant figure out why more tank guys don't join in.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member

Yeah, what’s up with that?

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help

Not enough spawn camping available?  :devil

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Not enough spawn camping available?  :devil

Very well could be.  :rolleyes:

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Work's kickin my derriere right now.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Very well could be.  :rolleyes:

Its one of the reasons I dont put very much time into GVin. Im sure its why a lot of other people dont bother as well. The way its set up, and the way its played you are either camped, or camping.

I dont do the thursday night stuff because its hard for me to get on and I feel with my lack of experience I would just be fodder. I dont know the setups and if camping is an issue but that would certainly turn me away.

Maybe a setup advertised in a way that newbies can feel comfortable and stand half a chance against some of these elite tankers. Maybe the elite guys hunt and drop smoke near a newbie instead of killing him out right to move on and hunt some more. New guys might take to it more if they are not towered every 2 minutes and have a chance to spot and get off a few shots on these guys.

Some thing that promotes fighting instead of camping.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Fugitive, I give you my word that not only would you be welcomed, there would be plenty of advice on sighting, fighting and anything else you wanted to know. WWiskey helped me learn to GV in the Thursday night fights back in AH2.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
we get its not everyones gig, but we're trying to keep it fun and light. we all talk on the same vox and have a great time. its more like
family time evening then it is a battle. yes sometimes things get a little off, or onesided, but wait a week and things change.

the guys that participate on thursday night will tell you, theres not a whole lot of camping going on. if so i just change the spawn radius on the fly.
that pretty much fixed it.

if you come in, yes there are guys that are good and some not so good. practice makes perfect. you had to LEARN to drive a car,
well you have to LEARN to gv. join us and see what its all about. the more the merrier!!

we happily invite everyone to come in and give it a try, you wont be disappointed!! no bombers, no fighters, just fun!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 07:08:28 AM by captain1ma »

Offline DmdJJ

• Copper Member
OK, for the record, this is not like GV'ing in the MA. Spawn camping is frowned upon, and if we do happen to get to close to the spawn, we will move back. The GV sets are usually well thought out and even. If we find out they are lopsided, they are changed on the fly. We use radar with a 30 second delay, so it is very difficult to sit still and ambush another player. Best of all, no perk points needed.
I started attending Thursday Night Tanks Fights just for a change of pace. I had zero experience in GV's and was basically cannon fodder for the experienced guys. In other words, I died a lot. It took some time, and help from others to finally figure out the basics. Finding the target was the first thing to learn. Then moved on to approximate the range. And finally getting kills. Now I have fun going out in the weakest tank of the set just trying to get kills on the big meanies. Everyone needs to just give it a try. We have a lot of fun, trust me. :devil   
DmdJJ   
"The Damned"
"Damned if we do, no fun if we don't"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Target Rebaul-----> VMF-214   Fjord Fury RAF----> 315 Squadron

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Fugitive, it's nothing like the MA.  Everyone is on the same vox (if they so chose), so you're talking to your opponent and everyone is having a good time.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Fugitive, it's nothing like the MA.  Everyone is on the same vox (if they so chose), so you're talking to your opponent and everyone is having a good time.
+1 on that.  And most don't camp - it's a bit of cat and mouse... you move forward, you listen and watch, move, listen and watch. And then you usually see one another around the same time, scooting around buildings, laying smoke, attempt to flank now and then, get dinged a few times, and then if you're lucky, a good shot takes out your opponent.

That's a tank night in the AvA. :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech