Author Topic: How to log in on a second computer?  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
How to log in on a second computer?
« on: June 05, 2018, 01:41:09 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am travelling a lot with my job, and I have installed Aces High on my (gaming) laptop. The intention is that I can at least drive around with ground vehicles (using the mouse) while I am abroad.

Now when I try to log in with my login ID and password, I get the message "Invalid Login ID or password".

I am assuming that my LoginID is the email adress I specified when I first signed up. I canīt find any other LoginID, it is not mentioned in the initial email I got and it is also not shown on the Account Info page accessible from within Aces High. I know that it is not my InGame ID.

I donīt expect this to work while my main computer is logged in, of course.

Is the gaming account locked to a machine ID? Pretty much every other online game out there allows to play from different machines (sequentially, of course).

Any ideas or hints?

Thanks, Jan

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: How to log in on a second computer?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 02:06:22 AM »
Typically, when you've installed AH, you've entered the login ID and password and let AH remember those so you don't have to retype them each time you want to play.

Unless they've changed it, it isn't the e-mail address and as you already know, not necessarily the InGame ID either.

You can find them in your AcesHigh settings folder: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\settings\login.cfg which you can open using Notepad. The upper is your login ID, the lower your password.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 03:28:32 AM »
Thanks, Bizman. Unfortunately I donīt have a login.cfg file in my \settings folder. Possibly because I am accessing Aces High through the Oculus library interface?

Is there another way to find out my LoginID?

I donīt remember typing in any LoginID, all I did was specify my email adress, they sent me a "numerical passcode" which I entered and that was it.

Cheers, Jan

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 04:08:36 AM »
Oh bummer. I didn't know using Oculus would use some other login system than the screen version. The last time I created an account was during the Beta and the contents was similar to the one I received in September, 2001:
Your Login ID IS: xxxxxxxx
Your Password IS: ######

Check your main computer, including any backups of the Settings folder you've potentially created.'
You can also copy the Settings folder to your laptop. That might contain the information needed.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 09:43:35 AM »
Accounts are not tied to a computer.

Check your email.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com