Author Topic: I love this game but no other game I play has me tabbing out to fill time in  (Read 27353 times)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
There is nothing wrong with the game except that noone are playing it. There is no inflow of new players and the old player base are fading away. The game will be gone in a year or 2. The Euro player base have already imploded, I for ex havent been in the meele arena for months because its no point anymore. And when the american player base implodes the game is gone. The problem isnt the game itself, its a great game, the problem is that noone knows about it and people arent attracted to the game. There are no streamers etc that can drag new people to the game. If you go to Twitch for ex you can find a ton of streamers playing PUBG, WT etc but not a single AH player.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
A whine about the same old same old is still a whine, no matter if you couch it in "reason and logic". The fact is, Latrobe and all of his buddies thought that they could force HiTech by continually whining and using "logic and reason". Where are they now? There aren't many people who would really miss the ones who fly at stratospheric altitude in their low ENY planes to hit and run, and call themselves AH gods all the while complaining about the game. I have no problem finding a fight at any time I come on, IF I really want a fight. You guys don't. You just want your kills. Go find them elsewhere.

You call it a whine.   Businessmen call it a dissatisfied customer.   YMMV.

We want fights. 

Be careful what you wish for.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
There is nothing wrong with the game except that noone are playing it. There is no inflow of new players and the old player base are fading away. The game will be gone in a year or 2. The Euro player base have already imploded, I for ex havent been in the meele arena for months because its no point anymore. And when the american player base implodes the game is gone. The problem isnt the game itself, its a great game, the problem is that noone knows about it and people arent attracted to the game. There are no streamers etc that can drag new people to the game. If you go to Twitch for ex you can find a ton of streamers playing PUBG, WT etc but not a single AH player.

There is an inflow of new players, they just aren't staying past about ten minutes.  This is the problem that needs solving.   I don't have the answer...though I have pondered it a lot.
”KILLER V”

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
It's a niche game, Vraciu, and those who are really interested in it's type are typically an older crowd. Many of those my age have no interest in "playing games". While I believe it's their loss, it is what it is. Those of us old enough to appreciate what the pilots and everyone else involved in WW2 are a dwindling number, as shown by a resurgence of the politics of evil and a lack of pushback against it.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
Was in here the other night.....flew around for 20 minutes......nothing.......We nt to IL2 and flew around for 20 minutes in a 109 at low level at least wanting to get vulched......nothing....and there were supposedly 80 players in there....all of these WWII games have become the same, WWII doesn't resonate with the newer generation and it is not a draw. Time to switch to F-22's
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
It's a niche game, Vraciu, and those who are really interested in it's type are typically an older crowd. Many of those my age have no interest in "playing games". While I believe it's their loss, it is what it is. Those of us old enough to appreciate what the pilots and everyone else involved in WW2 are a dwindling number, as shown by a resurgence of the politics of evil and a lack of pushback against it.

And yet WT thrives.....

:headscratch:
”KILLER V”

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
bustr,

I am not dancing around the solution, I do not know what the solution is to be honest.  I am more than happy to say things up front, try this for instance......STOP making every thread about your maps.  You talk so much crap in so many threads about how the problem is going to be solved with your maps...…<yawn>.  Sorry if I did not dance around that sheesh.

I played WT for 30 minutes, hated it.

Refer to my thread title  "I love this game"  But it is not keeping me engaged.  I am not alone in wanting it to keep me engaged, I am just holding on to hope that it will, many others have already walked, probably committed suicide listening to you drone on about maps.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 06:52:12 PM by FESS67 »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
bustr,

I am not dancing around the solution, I do not know what the solution is to be honest.  I am more than happy to say things up front, try this for instance......STOP making every thread about your maps.  You talk so much crap in so many threads about how the problem is going to be solved with your maps...…<yawn>.  Sorry if I did not dance around that sheesh.

I played WT for 30 minutes, hated it.

Refer to my thread title  "I love this game"  But it is not keeping me engaged.  I am not alone in wanting it to keep me engaged, I am just holding on to hope that it will, any others have already walked, probably committed suicide listening to you drone on about maps.

:rofl :ahand

Okay, that’s funny.   :cheers:

(Bustr has made some good maps, though.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 06:45:14 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:34:21 AM by Skuzzy »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:34:52 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
I dont think anyone here want WT! If they did they WOULD GO THERE!  :rolleyes:

This game is far more complex which may be one of is down falls as well as one of it greatest assets and so, a much better game than WT. The issues aren't all that dramatic.

1. Balance the GV vs Air a bit better. Right now it favors the GVs too much. Either get rid of a bunch of trees, match the range counters for both enemy and friendly. If the GVs can be spotted again you can get rid of the GV dar.

2. Air to Air, BRING IN MORE PLAYERS! During the steam roll out we had a ton of players coming in and leaving 10 minutes later. AH wasnt ready for it. They added the video tutorials AFTER the rush died down, as well as the VR controls. Now I dont think we have all that many new players dropping in. No advertising, no social media presents, no streaming channels. Nobody knows we are here.

3. Game Play, YES its a big "sand box" and everyone should be able to do which ever style of play they want however, the interaction of player vs player is what this game is about. It is what it thrives on. If not, everyone would be having a blast playing a single player version at home. Game play must be tweaked by rules/conditions/rewards to make it more advantageous to play with/against other players and NOT avoid each other. Dont STOP other types of game play, have those options there for players, just make it so more players look to play together.

Thats it, pretty simple.   

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Some things I've noticed are.
1. Fronts that are too big/wide that don't funnel fights.
2. Far away back bases to discourage rollers from back fields to fight the hoard capping rheir base.
3. Extremely large maps that make it difficult for new players to find action. Base distance and base layout is what matters.
4. Match play is still wobbly so players don't go there as much. The 1v1 crowd has left.
5. Trying to compete with WT and WOT and IL2 at the same time. More emphasis on tanks and less on planes has driven the fighter majority away. Most people log  to be a fighter pilot.
6. Need more developers for quicker updates.
7. No front page website updates in like 6 months. Please get someone to maintain the front page with cook vids and pics.

I do like how they made it harder to kill FHrs though.

The map really makes this game. The map is most important aspect to playability in AH.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
If only there was someone to tell us how to make maps..
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
I think, approximately, action = (# players)/(combat area).

If you have 600 players and a combat area that is 20 x 20 sectors and lots of action, that might not work well anymore if you have 100 players.  In that case, you might need the combat area to be 8 x 8 sectors to get equivalent action.

I don't know if there is ability to have smaller terrains, but maybe you could control the effective combat area by not having anything usable, destroyable, or capturable outside the combat area you choose.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
If only there was someone to tell us how to make maps..

LOL you're not helping Jimmy  :p

I think, approximately, action = (# players)/(combat area).

If you have 600 players and a combat area that is 20 x 20 sectors and lots of action, that might not work well anymore if you have 100 players.  In that case, you might need the combat area to be 8 x 8 sectors to get equivalent action.

I don't know if there is ability to have smaller terrains, but maybe you could control the effective combat area by not having anything usable, destroyable, or capturable outside the combat area you choose.

Agreed