Author Topic: Desperate  (Read 672 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Desperate
« on: July 07, 2018, 09:49:07 PM »
So I took my completed from my apartment to my new house plugged it in the the internet and everything and now I cant get the PC to connect to the internet and my mouse won’t work. I have tried 3 different mouses in different USB ports. I’ve tried doing all the troubleshooting for internet diagnostics many times and many restarts. can’t figure my issue out.

It’s a Windows 7 Pro operating system
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Desperate
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 05:02:12 AM »
Check that each component inside your computer is properly seated, including the cpu cooler. Same with all the wires. Something may just have got a bit loose or got some dust between the connectors during the move. Un-and replug/reseat everything.

If that doesn't solve the problem, go to the Device Manager and uninstall your mouse and your network card. Reboot and let Windows reinstall them.

If that doesn't do the trick, unzip the attached .bat file somewhere where you can easily find it (it can be run on a memory stick as well) and run it using Administrator privileges (right click>Run as Administrator). It will open the Device Manager with a parameter allowing you to see every device that ever has been plugged into your computer. Nothing fancy or dangerous or home cooked, just a simple Microsoft command to show more stuff. Now in the Show menu choose Show hidden devices and you will find a bunch of grey entries in many categories. If you have everything you need plugged in, you can safely uninstall every greyed device. Obviously those marked as Unknown devices are the least important. Same goes with every Anti-xxx you no longer use, they can show as devices, too.

Hope you get it sorted.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 08:39:56 AM »
Open your device manager, check to see that your network device is recognized.

If you are using a wireless card, make sure that it is seated. Restart your machine and check the device manager again and check that the machine is recognizing that your card/net device is in lugged in and recognized. If not, right click the device and scan for hardware changes. Windows will sometimes go retarded and forget that a particular device is plugged in. If that doesn’t fix it, go to the manufacturers website and download the drivers (providing you have a means of downloading it and transferring it to the affected machine) and reinstall the drivers.

I’ve had this happen in win 7, 8 and 10. For me, the problem resolved itself with a few cold boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 08:56:47 AM »
I have tried un-installing the drivers for the mouse and let the PC install the driver again. Didn’t work. The mouses are getting power as they do light up.

I’ll try to make sure everything is seated... if not I’ll try the bat file thing
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 07:07:39 PM »
No luck so far. Also can’t download that file cause the PC won’t connect to internet :/
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 01:24:55 AM »
No luck so far. Also can’t download that file cause the PC won’t connect to internet :/
As I said the .bat file can be run from a memory stick so if you have access to any working computer with a USB port you can download the file and transfer the stick to your system.

Also, you can try resetting Winsock and IP-stacks, although at least the latter has already been done by un/reinstalling the drivers. You can also try cleaning the DNS cache.

For resetting open the Command Prompt with Administrative privileges. It's under Start Menu>Accessories. Right click and Run as Administrator. In the Command Prompt type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt", of course without the quotation marks, and press Enter. After that type "netsh winsock reset catalog" and press Enter. Don't reboot yet, type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter. Reboot.

Yet another trick to try is to reset your Internet settings. Go to the Control Panel, in the upper right corner choose Large or Small Icons instead of Category. Find Internet Options. On the last tab in the right, labeled Advanced, you'll find a button named Reset. Although it only says it will reset Internet Explorer, it affects all connections and browsers. Click, wait until finished, reboot.

For the USB mouse don't install any third party drivers, just uninstall everything mouse related in the Device Manager including USB Input Devices under Human Interface Devices. Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers you can even uninstall the Universal Host Controllers to reset your USB drivers.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:43:50 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni