Author Topic: "Beginning of the End" Frame 2 AAR  (Read 1708 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
"Beginning of the End" Frame 2 AAR
« on: September 15, 2001, 12:58:00 AM »
308th Kokutai:

Launched five N1K2-J "Shiden" fighters.
Three RTB safe
One Disco
One KIA

Claims:
FunkedUp - Three confirmed victories, three probable victories.
Becker - Two confirmed victories, two probable victories.
Rosco - Four confirmed victories.
CFIT - One damaged.
SAMM - No claims.

<S> to P-38's at A1 and the city.  We caught you guys in a tough situation but you managed to inflict heavy damage on your targets.

<S> to Wotan and Virage for telling us about the low P-38's.  We were 50 miles away and never would have had a shot at them if you had not guided us so well.

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2001, 01:13:00 AM »
Yup I bet it was u guys that picked off the SBMs. We've gotta stop meeting like this.  :D

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2001, 01:35:00 AM »
Great job funked. I was amazed at the kill/die the CAP squads were able to pull off in this thing. Excellent job.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
332nd Flying Mongrels:

Launched 9 P-38's
1 RTB
8 Lost

Claims:
2 kills (unsure of type)
Multiple ground targets destroyed at A1 and the city South of A1

We were picked apart by Niki's and Ki-61's. Very early on, (at A1 my 38 took a hit by a 20mm in the left rudder and left elevator. From then on it felt like a B-26. Shame it was so early on. I would have nailed a Niki over the City and another on the way out. My solutions were so close!!!  :)

banana and I danced with a niki on the way home and were forced to run when he had two friends show up. Then near A7 I gave the order to attack 2 Ki-61's. We saw at least 2 other P-38's so I was not worried.

Moral of the story is never take a wounded bird into action.  Again I would have had at least 1 Ki-61 but she would not turn with ½ the elevator shot away.

<S>
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2001, 09:17:00 AM »
LOL that was banana and you. The lone nik you were dancing with was funked, becker and I were his 2 friends  :) Funky lost a flap in that scrap, and almost augered when he deployed them on landing  :D. That really was an intense fight, I had white knuckles the whole time.

Offline Kingonads

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
Rogue Squadron

2-F6Fs launched
  1-damaged on landing bombs drop hit nothing target not visable
  1- shot down by Nik pilot bail captured bombs droped and 1 structure destroied.

I was noticebly not please with the lack of inforomation.  I had asked for info almost 10minutes before the start of the frame, I had not recieved my mission orders or even the type of plane that I was to fly  and from where.  When I repeaditly ask on a private chanel with Nash I got NO answer when I asked on the team chanel (2) I got NO answer when I asked in all caps 1minute before the frame I get snaped at (WTF. I am at a lost for being warned by Ghosth and Nash for just tring to make heads or tails of a screwed situation.  I am also still at a loss for suddenly going from P38Ls to F6Fs on a CV, uh if I am right and the last time I chked I was THERE NOT EVEN IN THE SAME BRANCH OF SERVICE.  I am very very doubtful I will fly under those circumstances again.  I vowed after Hostile Shores and fling the fly crap heap F6F (F2 Buffalo wannabe) that I would never fly that thing again.  If U can tell I am still quite mad at this last frame it was to say the least from my end a total and complete disaster.  I have seen less confusion in my unit in real life and they dont even talk to one another.  I know I am going to catch hell for this but Ive had it with ignorance and arogance.  HODO OUT!

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: Kingonads ]

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2001, 11:07:00 AM »
FDBs (sorry, lost my internet connect about 3/4 way thru last night):

Launched 7 ki61s (100% fuel, 2x250kg wings) from A5 heading west, targetting facilities west/NW of A12.

After two passes or so on the city it dawned on us not only were we not doing damage, but it wasn't shooting at us.  We pulled up for an alternative target, after checking several more of the factories it appeared that since their HQ was listed friendly to us all the fields follow (ghosth might help future runs?).  Lacking an apparant strat target, we went for A12.

Mason and Fatty were lost in initial attack runs on 12, but in short order the ack was suppressed.  From there all fuel, ammo, radar and troop targets were hit, leaving the field in smoking ruins to rearm at 5.  Av8or was lost to his own stupidity when a bomb blast from his bomb took him down.

After a rearm at 5 Skernsk, Sling, Myelo and Sally were headed back to the 12 area for CAP, further bombing, or both, depending on what circumstances arose.  I lost all contact at this point so you'll have to wait for skernsk to finish it off.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
JV44 (thats jagdverband 44 noy jg jb jd jf 44)....   :)

upped ki-61s
wotan
bradys5
erlkonig
leitwolf
anrky
virage
beachs

headed n a1 spotted a gaggle lo cons  our 8.

plan was bradys5 would take 3 with him and bounce targets. The other 2 with me hi. We soon spotted another gaggle of cons high so I decided to send all jv44 in on the lo cons the head a1.

Virage kept his alt circled in behind the high cons just outa icon range.

the rest of us slaughtered the lo cons which to our surprise was p38s heavy. I believe 2 may haxee escaped out of 10.

Virage reported the hi cons were headed a1.
JV44 refueled at a43 then headed to a1.

At this point the 308th was made aware of the location of the cons by virage.

The 308 were able to intercept those cons (p38s as well) at our city and kill all but 2.

JV44 refueled at 1 and spotted 2 cons ib. They upped chased umm down at a7 and killed umm

jv44 claims 10 kills

lost 2 (leitwolf and beachs)

fyi of the 40 or so allies about 1/2 of them were wiped by jv44 and 308.

we kept good communication with each other which is what led to the 38s demise ....

S!

Wotan

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2001, 11:50:00 AM »
Bottom line king is if you don't know what your doing by the time you log into the TOD then it is too late.  Everyone is busy with their own squads. Squads are e-mailed the missions prior to the TOD, albeit sometimes late.  If your C.O. is not keeping you posted then talk to him. If he had gone out of town then he should have contacted the Admin CM or Frame C.O. telling him to send the missions to you or someone else in your squad.

Frankly there is no excuse for squad or pilots to log into the TOD asking what to do. There are e-mail contacts all over the TOD Events pages and this BB is read by CM's multiple times a day. Sorry you had a lousy time, but talk to your squad.
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2001, 01:31:00 PM »
63rd sentai launched 6 N1k's with orders to CAP P34 to A22 area. we did so at frame start. WWe had one latecomer that made us 7 strong. when arriving at 34 we found several contacts close. At least 6-7. Seemed to be differnet groups. WEe attacked the lower group close to the port hoping we found the bomber strike but alas it was 3 Hellcats. One more hellcat made an appearance soon after. Have no idea who the other group of high cons were. They headed west. We engaged the Hellcats and dispatched every one of them. One of them early on took damage from my guns and he was leaking fuel, he dove out unhindered but was seen to go into the drink later by fellow squadmate frenchy.

after we dispatched the Hellcats we all got together our forces and loitered south of 34 hoping to find morte enemy to shoot at. We however did not find them, or the CV we knew must be close by.

Ammo-  claims 2 kills,
    eddiek-  claims 2 kills
    oblitto0-  2 assist
    nomde-    unsure
    Frenchy-  unsure
    buzzbait-   1 kill, KIA

All safely rtb'ed their crates with the exception of Buzzbait.

great scenario. <S> to those that put it together and managed the thing. <S> to those that flew in it as well.

Cya next week.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Hehe ammo, change that "claims" to confirmed.......got both kills on film, and I think yer first kill on film also.

Will review it one more time......

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
Hodo...

From the TOD rules:

"squadron is required to attend with at least 66% of their promised pilots regardless of the aircraft assigned."

You guys showed up with 2 pilots(!), and you ranted ad nausium about the plane you were tasked with flying.

"squadron's TOD C.O. if picked has to perform his duties in responsible and timely manner."

Your squad's CO was supposed to do this, but wasn't able to (that's fine by me)... but I had to take his place on short notice as a result. I sent the mission orders out early Wednesday morning.

"personal behavior of the pilots in the arena will be put to highest standard of honor and good sportsmanship. C.O.'s will have to deal with the disruptive pilots from their squadrons"

No comment...

"CO's responsibility: assuring that pilots in his squadron are fully aware of their duties and responsibilities in relation to the TOD event. This includes orders/plane/field assignments."

Wasn't done. You had no idea... and according to your logic I'm to blame.

"Pilot's responsibility: take steps to find out plane/field/orders assignments for the frame."

Wasn't done. In fact I made a post asking if anyone hasn't received the orders, in order that I could have them sent to whoever still needed them. Heard nothing back from you guys.

What yer looking at here Hodo is a failure on *every possible level* by you and your squad... Yet you come here to squeak at me? You've "had it with ignorance and arrogance", eh?

This is laughable.

Offline Kingonads

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2001, 06:10:00 PM »
First off Mr. Nash i am not squeaking at U I am giving my AAR view if U took it as a personal attk then fine by me let it be fine by me.  I think I kept a good deal of composer until I had the launch order and had no info.  U all continue to point at Army for all this it may or may not be his fault but either way he was not able for one way or another to send me the mission.  If some of U would remove yourselves from your fantasy lives and look around... the USARMY yes the WHOLE thing is on full alert that means some of us R getting ready to go somewhere and DIE if need be for King and contry, U all fail to realize this qouting RULEs, Yes this is a attk and I do mean as such I am sick and tired of hearing sorry qouting of rules and blaming on someone I have been calm until now now I am quite pissed off at this whole thing and I am REAL glad that I dont know or work with U in real life becuase I dont think I could deal with anymore ignorance in my job.  I will more than likely no longer reply to anymore post on here do to this is not the place for those kind of posts and I will leave it at that.  AND THE KING HATH SPOKEN  

Hodo, OUT!!!!!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2001, 06:19:00 PM »
fine.

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2001, 10:13:00 AM »
he was not able for one way or another to send me the mission

And that is the bottom line.

Real life gets in the way. This is JUST a game, but don't complain if you try to PLAY THE GAME and it does not work out when the rules of the game were not followed.
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure