Author Topic: Combat Challenge 24 - AUGUST 3, 2018 - 11PM EDT  (Read 4325 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Combat Challenge 24 - AUGUST 3, 2018 - 11PM EDT
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »
I like to add that this is not directed at you devil.

No worries. I never thought you were addressing me.

I just wanted to point out that there are many valid points in this thread, even in all the angry posts.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2018, 03:57:12 PM »
I just wanted to point out that there are many valid points in this thread, even in all the angry posts.

The anger is because many of us feel completely ignored. When we do these things in PM, we get a half answer that doesn't address the concern and you play run around. When we finally blow our top and bring it here looking for help and answers, we are told to take it to PM's or that we are toxic. Saying 'Good Job' doesn't address the maybe he did a good job, but where can he improve? part.

I will agree I am beyond angry with a certain person. I and others have for years tried to address these issues out of the public eye. Due to the unsuccessful nature of these attempts, many stop participating or they just quit the volunteer job that was counter balancing allowing this to fester further. Many of these volunteers have even spoken out recently about this event or even the upcoming Scenario. I took a break and would not do respond to certain requests for me to act as a CO because of what I had seen done in many scenarios before and Battle Over the Winter Line was the breaking point. We received the same answer as did Devil's CO; from the same person. I was the CO of the side and I was ignored. My guys tried to help, they were ignored.

It feels like they view it as: I was allowed this position, so my views are more correct than those of others and anyone who disagrees is mean and disruptive.
While their friends, who might be benefiting from this, will always build up that persons views and feeling of being in the right. At the same time, they will look at anyone trying to disrupt such, with contempt.

So yes, there has been an explosion of emotion. But a good idea, no matter the source, is still a good idea.

We could offer a nice round table chat on Discord. Hash it out. Select a mediator that all could agree on and go from there.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2018, 04:04:20 PM »
The anger is because many of us feel completely ignored. When we do these things in PM, we get a half answer that doesn't address the concern and you play run around. When we finally blow our top and bring it here looking for help and answers, we are told to take it to PM's or that we are toxic. Saying 'Good Job' doesn't address the maybe he did a good job, but where can he improve? part.

I will agree I am beyond angry with a certain person. I and others have for years tried to address these issues out of the public eye. Due to the unsuccessful nature of these attempts, many stop participating or they just quit the volunteer job that was counter balancing allowing this to fester further. Many of these volunteers have even spoken out recently about this event or even the upcoming Scenario. I took a break and would not do respond to certain requests for me to act as a CO because of what I had seen done in many scenarios before and Battle Over the Winter Line was the breaking point. We received the same answer as did Devil's CO; from the same person. I was the CO of the side and I was ignored. My guys tried to help, they were ignored.

It feels like they view it as: I was allowed this position, so my views are more correct than those of others and anyone who disagrees is mean and disruptive.
While their friends, who might be benefiting from this, will always build up that persons views and feeling of being in the right. At the same time, they will look at anyone trying to disrupt such, with contempt.

So yes, there has been an explosion of emotion. But a good idea, no matter the source, is still a good idea.

We could offer a nice round table chat on Discord. Hash it out. Select a mediator that all could agree on and go from there.

Dude, you're preaching to the choir. There's a reason I did not post here for 5 days after the event.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 05:52:33 PM »
I want to see all get along in here. While there are good points made by everyone there needs to be a discusion somewhere in here where we can hash it out. All this bashing is not helping and all this "this is what you get" crap goes nowhere and truly hurts the game. Now I've been playing for over 10 years now but I'm a crappy fighter pilot, I'm not ashamed to say that but even I know that the first hour match up was terrible. I fly axis 99.99% of the time, that's thanks to my granddad who flew axis for real on the eastern front. I don't mind getting shot down, it's part of the game. What I do mind is just being a "free kill", that's what the first hour pretty much was so I didn't even bother with it.

For the game please figure this out, I don't want this to go by the wayside. I do love it too much. If what I have said pisses you off just tell me to shut the hell up!!! I'll leave and not say another word.
                                                                                           DRAGUN
                                                                                              :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2018, 12:47:31 AM »
<misleading charts>

Why didn't you post the WEP numbers? The Spit V does better in both speed and climb, it has better guns, better turn rates and better roll rates. The 109E loses authority as it gets fast.

WEP counts as the life span of these engagements is typically short. The C202 is OK but it's guns are arse.

Sadly enough, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. You will show up and fly Combat Challenge as posted or you won't.

Wow, I think you should thank those 15 or so pilots that hung in there flying axis for that first hour. Without them the event would've been a total failure.

For the record when I log in to the CC I look for the side with lower numbers and go there. Even if my squadies are opposite me. So I'm neither axis or allied. I just fly whatevers on offer.

It would appear that from your comment above you cannot see how imbalanced this event was, and you cannot accept that your playing on the side with dominant rides and dominant numbers really rubbed salt into the wound. I think that it is a pity for this event.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2018, 04:48:12 PM »
let me do this a different way.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 04:50:47 PM by Vudu15 »
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2018, 07:07:13 PM »
Looks great except the 109E. Should be an F-4 given you have the SpitV.

To all that think the Axis finally had a weak first hour ride:  They call it Combat Challenge for a reason.  And yes, all those planes fought one another in WW2, at one time or another, however briefly in that timeline, that it may have been.   :cheers: :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2018, 07:16:38 PM »
If you are gonna puke out a person do it in a pm. Stop making fools out of yourselfs. Al you guys have done the last few months is complain without suggesting any realistic improvements.

The point is the game has not enough players and all of you go nuts about it. Y'all are just looking for a scapegoat.

You can either be afraid of losing your precious game or you can contribute with a positive attitude to strengthen our community. Now your just hammering more nail's in a coffin already full of nail's....

Accurate, to the point, and very well said, sir!  :salute :cheers:
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2018, 07:19:12 PM »
here you go cats...

https://youtu.be/HjGRO_J-jY8
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2018, 07:44:04 PM »
To all that think the Axis finally had a weak first hour ride:  They call it Combat Challenge for a reason.  And yes, all those planes fought one another in WW2, at one time or another, however briefly in that timeline, that it may have been.   :cheers: :salute

yeah well it's not Combat "get **** raped" Challenge. And the 56th guys flying axis weren't happy either.

Did you fly in the event in the first hour for axis?

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2018, 07:50:06 PM »
yeah well it's not Combat "get **** raped" Challenge. And the 56th guys flying axis weren't happy either.

Or at all?
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2018, 07:51:13 PM »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2018, 07:53:47 PM »
The first hour was rough, I can handle being outnumbered but it would’ve been a lot more manageable with the F model. The second hour was fun.

Big thanks to the guys who came over and tried to even up the numbers.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2018, 02:08:32 AM »
I thought that was a good listen over all. It vocalizes alot of the frustration, even if it was lacking animated explosions. While I hope they actually listen instead of just hearing, you know what they say about wishing in one hand and putting burned cookies in the other while wondering which will fill with black crumbs first...

It needed more pictures (and explosions.) Allow me to recommend one. I'm not good with effects, so you'll have to find the ones you think appropriate yourself.

But seriously, maybe instead of just writing it off as an angry person who some don't want to listen to, maybe listen to not only his words, but the reasons for the words.

The opposite of love is not hate; it is indifference. Those fighting for these changes love this community. They hate what is happening. Those mentioned by me and others, they are showing complete indifference to these concerns.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2018, 02:58:18 PM »
Is there a waghmbulance emote?

Vulcan, and everyone crying for that matter, I would think that after all these years, you would understand what the word Challenge means.  If you don't believe you can beat the odds in a challenging set up, then don't fly it.  It's really that simple.  :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!