Author Topic: Automatic autopilot when switching to gunner  (Read 1303 times)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Automatic autopilot when switching to gunner
« on: July 19, 2018, 07:41:16 AM »
Hi there!

When I fly in my bf110 I like to use the gunner when fighting. Now I noticed when fighting and doing so the plane will be forced in a autopilot mode. Is there a way to turn this off. It kinda screws with my fighting.

(I am not a fan of the new controll mode switching. It messed up alot of modes like my Bombay sights gunners and tanking)

DutchVII
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 07:45:04 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Automatic autopilot when switching to gunner
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:22:17 AM »
 Are you saying that your rudder pedals (or rudder controls) don't work properly, once you jump to a Gunner position(s)?

As soon as one jumps from the bomber/attacker pilot seat to a Gunner position the plane has always automatically went into autopilot.... But you still have (had) the ability to use the rudder to bank left or right....

One could also either fly level in autopilot mode with rudder usage or they could use autoclimb as well as using the .speed setting with it while gunning....

Are you saying that you can not do any of these things now?

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 10:17:25 AM »
Hi TC,

Thank you for replying.

A small while ago I took a break and after I returned I had this issue. If memory serves right I would just jump back and forth and my plane would go into the direction it was flying . (On tops of stalls for example) now when I jump into the gunner position it forces my plane to fly level. This results in the bleeding of E or very nasty stalls. :uhoh

If I put the plane manually in auto pilot the plane  and jump to the gunner seat the plane remains in that autopilot mode.

And since I have returned all my other cotrolls have been messed up. I am not sure how to fix my Bombay sight(it was bound to my pedals for some reason) And my tanks tried to steer with my rudder panels.(that's fixed) and when in the gunner position the wirble would turn left and down.(also fixed) But that's not really what this post is about  :bolt:

I think it's more a skuzzy question though. And I might be wrong, I have been wrong before  :headscratch:

DutchVII

DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 12:19:26 PM »
Oke after some more testing, it is not that it put the plane in a auto pilot mode. It rather tries to "stabilize" the plane. While in a slight dive or dive after a few seconds it doesn't do much anymore and it continues to dive at a angle (if you do this to slow you still spin out). If you do this in a climb the plane pulls negative G's and your screen turns red. When flying on you side it rolls the plane back in a level position.

It makes me stall quite a bit. :uhoh
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 12:23:54 PM »
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »
as long as I can remember, once in a gunner position, the aircraft goes into auto-pilot level mode unless you've got the auto-pilot angle engaged...

I'm not certain if it's possible for the pilot controls to just go to a neutral position whilst in a gunner position... I've been wrong before though....
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 02:57:09 PM »
as long as I can remember, once in a gunner position, the aircraft goes into auto-pilot level mode unless you've got the auto-pilot angle engaged...

I'm not certain if it's possible for the pilot controls to just go to a neutral position whilst in a gunner position... I've been wrong before though....

As far back as I can remember I only ever saw the auto-level.  Interesting if it can do angle too.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 05:24:03 PM »
As far back as I can remember I only ever saw the auto-level.  Interesting if it can do angle too.

Wiley.

I've done auto-level and auto-climb (.speed) and they both work from gunner position.  I've yet to try auto-angle.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 12:00:11 AM »
a small recording of it..

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/286644486
Yeah,that looked weird. Do you use mouse to aim guns,or stick? Not sure what was happening but AUTO anything never showed on HUD. You can COPY MODE 1 too all modes...if you dont use them,that fixes the auto mode swap....or you can disable the Auto Swap all together. From what I saw was SOMETHING in Mode 2 was screwed up. Your BOMBARDIER position mode is now Mode 3,I think? I just copy mode 1, to mode 3.....FOR EVERY INPUT DEVICE. If you dont check Mode 2or 3 for your Rudder Pedals...it may have them defaulted to a dif action. SO,Mouse, Joy stick AND rudder pedals all need to be checked in each separate Mode.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 12:14:50 AM »
 :aok OK,I duplicated your video experience. IT IS putting you in Auto Level...WHILE in the gunner position. The Auto pilot indicator on the Hud just doesnt show its in Level mode. Once you go back to pilot seat its normal flight with auto pilot off. I dont remember ever being able to go into a gun position and NOT go into auto level, unless you were in Auto Speed as it would stay in Auto Speed mode going to guns. Looked normal too me :uhoh It just looked odd in video as the Hud never showed Auto  Pilot mode switching to level.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:17:32 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain