Author Topic: so what am i doing wrong?  (Read 818 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
so what am i doing wrong?
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:37:30 PM »
I go into the offline arena, calibrate my stuff, then map out my joystick/throttle buttons/hatswitches using the clipboard. I save the mapping, then launch. when I go to launch, the calibration's gone. I recalibrate, then that's all good.....but my mapping's all gone. if I go ahead and re-map, then the calibration's gone again.
 i'm still using ch throttle/combat stick/rudder pedals. the new machine is running windoze10 64 bit, with asus hardware.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: so what am i doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 12:44:35 PM »
Something to do with control modes at the top of the control settings screen i assume.  Make sure you are mapping for the right mode.  I think there is different modes for flight, gvs, gunners ect..

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 12:46:50 PM »
Might be a box to click to auto select modes too.. or you can set key commands to select modes manually.  Not by the PC to look right now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 03:30:42 PM »
Are you using the CH software?  That could be it, if you are.  The Saitek I use was like that. Had an issue with Windows. The Generic Windows drivers work just fine with Saitek. I had buttons that wouldnt work because of the Saitec key/button assigning was canceling my ingame settings. Or may need to go other route if its not a conflict like that, and go through their Target/mapping program and use it for AcesHigh profile. But as mentioned All 4 modes have their own set of default key/button bindings
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 06:32:25 PM »
you have to set each control mode now to how you want it. like if you the radio button programed to a certain button then you have to set to same button in all modes--plus in a bomber-you have to set radio for pilot  gunner  and in bombsight.

also on the bomber-when you go from pilot to bombsight the will cut back you will have to program a wheel or slider to operate throttle from bombsight.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.