Author Topic: Custom Sounds for a Terrain?  (Read 1076 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Custom Sounds for a Terrain?
« on: November 13, 2018, 10:20:51 PM »

Searched but I'm not seeing an answer.  Maybe I missed it.

When building a terrain, you can override the standard textures by putting a replacement in a special folder.  When the terrain is built, your custom texture is used instead of the default.

Is something similar for the new model of custom sounds?  Can I override certain sounds, but only for a specified terrain?

Thanks in advance.

CptTrips

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Custom Sounds for a Terrain?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 03:30:21 PM »
Yes, in a way, but not with the terrain editor. The FMOD project includes a way to change the sound used by surface type. A custom file may grow to be quite large if every vehicle has a different sound per surface, so you must keep that in mind AND the surface types are limited to the project file already in use. It's really easy to over-complicate things.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Custom Sounds for a Terrain?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 11:38:26 AM »
Yes, in a way, but not with the terrain editor. The FMOD project includes a way to change the sound used by surface type. A custom file may grow to be quite large if every vehicle has a different sound per surface, so you must keep that in mind AND the surface types are limited to the project file already in use. It's really easy to over-complicate things.

That's an interesting idea.  Thanks for the reply.

Hitech is maybe considering a more direct approach someday.  https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,395252.0.html

If I ever have to dig into this stuff, I maight have to pester you with some questions as you seem to unserstand this feature well.

:salute,
CptTrips

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.