Author Topic: Sudden Game Crash - Lines on Screen  (Read 511 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Sudden Game Crash - Lines on Screen
« on: July 23, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »
No kidding.  Logged on this evening (about 3 hours from playing earlier)

Log on.  In tower.  Go to active field (fighting ongoing).  Screen changes (crashes) to lines of (1 was light and dark blue, second time a tan & brown pattern).

I am convinced this has to be a sound card setting issue but I have no idea what to do to fix it. A couple of weeks ago I ran into an echo problem when I talked. 

I have absolutely no issues on the bbs, youtube and facebook (the only other three things I use my computer for).

I ran a dxdiag.  At the bottom something is trying to tell me something but I don't know what I am looking at.  Can anyone dumb this down so I can make the appropriate adjustments? 

Hopefully I am attaching this correctly.

Thanks!

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Sudden Game Crash - Lines on Screen
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 12:11:28 AM »
I had a similar type issue myself...might be different though? Mine was a single line all the way across my Oculus screens. Seemed it was PHYSICALLY drawing the Sector lines over the terrain. As I flew towards the sector line...line got closer also. It went away pretty quick, but made another appearance about 30 min later. First was a dull grey, second was almost black, but it was nearing sunset. Both incidents occurred right after a Minimize to Desktop.   
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:13:12 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 01:36:28 AM »
If you're talking about a pattern of pastel coloured short lines all over the screen, it usually is the video card memory. It may be heat related, or dust, or both. Here in Finland we're suffering from a subtropical heat wave with 80+% humidity. Such conditions can make accumulated dust to gather moist and cause shortcuts here and there. Un- and replug everything, cleaning in between with bottled air. Be cautious for static and don't let plugged fans rotate with the air blast.

It might be something else as well but cleaning and reseating never hurts.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 06:08:00 AM »
Does sound like a heat issue with the video card(s).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 09:20:54 AM »
dxdiag shows two video setups. make sure the AMD one is selected in the game. check all fans to make sure they are running.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 02:37:21 PM »
 :aok Found mine,it was a haze on horizon. It just didnt look normal in VR. When I watched the video from the Oculus Window it sorted itself out
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain