Author Topic: Flippz - this is me 'picking' your Tempest  (Read 5225 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Flippz - this is me 'picking' your Tempest
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2018, 12:17:19 AM »

But you have on channel 200 on several occasions over your 'unfair treatment' from other players.

The subject of your thread is ethics and not air combat. If you hold a principle, like the one you claim in this thread that you don't care for the drama aspect of the game, then you aren't able to initiate or engage in that yourself without having a double standard. Otherwise we'd have to accept the situation that it's alright if you're the one doing it, but not if it's being done to you. Takes considerable strength of character and diligence to be bound by your own principles. Further, just because you hold a principle doesn't mean others do; so you can't enforce your principles on others either. So now you have more limitations than an opponent without principal and are relatively disadvantaged. So you have to be 'stronger' to balance that. Then there's the point about perception, one man's pick is the other man's clearing of a wingman. So now there are at least three sides of perception and the fence analogy is already insufficient because it only has two sides...

Tricky business, ethics. Probably better to put your energy into improving your flying instead  :)

Thanks for your input

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 03:13:07 AM »
Well in my book both fess and flippz are excellent sticks everybody flies everybody dies and I can whoop them both :neener:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:04:44 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2018, 04:49:13 PM »

But you have on channel 200 on several occasions over your 'unfair treatment' from other players.

Fake news.  He's never said that.

The subject of your thread is ethics and not air combat. If you hold a principle, like the one you claim in this thread that you don't care for the drama aspect of the game, then you aren't able to initiate or engage in that yourself without having a double standard. Otherwise we'd have to accept the situation that it's alright if you're the one doing it, but not if it's being done to you. Takes considerable strength of character and diligence to be bound by your own principles. Further, just because you hold a principle doesn't mean others do; so you can't enforce your principles on others either. So now you have more limitations than an opponent without principal and are relatively disadvantaged. So you have to be 'stronger' to balance that. Then there's the point about perception, one man's pick is the other man's clearing of a wingman. So now there are at least three sides of perception and the fence analogy is already insufficient because it only has two sides...

Tricky business, ethics. Probably better to put your energy into improving your flying instead  :)

Having fought both of you, I'll go with Fess.   Not that you aren't a worthy opponent, mind you.  But come on now.  You're making a word salad here from a position of (false?) authority.   I know you're a better guy than that.

Remember that great 1 v 1 we had over the water a couple months back (that I won I may add)?    What happened to you after that?  Does an 18-7 loss ring a bell?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:29:38 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 04:50:43 PM »
You can quite clearly see that as soon as I identified the enemy plane I turned to it to fight.  I was lower and probably slower than you.

You over committed to the other 51 and allowed me to slide behind you.  That is not a pick by any stretch of the imagination.

https://youtu.be/R6_hnaj9I10

I had actually set the shot up for Fess here on purpose.  My mistake was thinking flippz did not have the shot then having to pull too hard once I realized he did--which screwed it up for my wingman.  There are three or four things I could have done differently there, any one of which would have changed the outcome.

No, you didn't pick the Tempest (who was totally fixated on HIS prey, but went for the ez kill iso defending. Let's leave it at that  :devil

There were about seven guys in this fight on one side, similar on the other.  This was in no way a 1 v 1 with Flippz.   I was slow and he had an energy advantage on me as I had previously maneuvered to engage other fighters.   Fess called the bandit, I drew him to a position where Fess could shoot him.  I made a small mistake and got blasted before Fess shot him.

It was not a pick.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:03:36 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 09:57:56 PM »
Completely ignoring anything skullbonevracuisanchoo and what ever other name you sign in under

Fess I agree it was not a pick. Just frustrating coming over there they many times and getting killed by the same player with that amount of enemy players there. Especially when not a single player would engage 1v1. I guess if guys weren’t scared to fight in a cartoon airplane 1v1 and we were able to get more of them then some times the gang kills wouldn’t matter as much. But when you have been playing for two hours and every plane you came across alone ran at a 3k vis until he was surrounded by friendly guys it gets frustrating. Maybe I should run maybe I should start flying temps and 190s and learn to only pick and run. Might not help game play but I would die less and have more time to type on 200.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2018, 10:40:52 PM »
Completely ignoring anything skullbonevracuisanchoo and what ever other name you sign in under

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Fess I agree it was not a pick. Just frustrating coming over there they many times and getting killed by the same player with that amount of enemy players there. Especially when not a single player would engage 1v1. I guess if guys weren’t scared to fight in a cartoon airplane 1v1 and we were able to get more of them then some times the gang kills wouldn’t matter as much. But when you have been playing for two hours and every plane you came across alone ran at a 3k vis until he was surrounded by friendly guys it gets frustrating. Maybe I should run maybe I should start flying temps and 190s and learn to only pick and run. Might not help game play but I would die less and have more time to type on 200.

I think Wiley said it best, “Hey everyone.  Forget whatever it is you’re in the middle of doing and give [lippz] a 1 v 1.”

Your team hordes and gangs all the time then you whine about losing a fair fight.  As for improving gameplay, you could start by not insulting everyone 24-7.

#Irony
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 11:09:08 PM »
HO First! Run Fast! :neener: :cheers:
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 11:10:07 PM »
HO First! Run Fast! :neener: :cheers:

Or if you’re like lippz HO first, HO second, HO third, and then ram if you must.  :aok
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 11:15:05 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:10:38 AM by Skuzzy »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 11:16:23 PM »
Or if you’re like lippz HO first, HO second, HO third, and then ram if you must.  :aok

:rofl
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 12:34:34 AM »

I feel your frustration.  On reflection I did kill you several times there and can understand how you could think I was pick n running if there were other 51s that ran from fights.  All I can do is assure you I was not.

As stated before, the gameplay is terrible when hordes are operating.  Frustrating to be hammered by so many enemy and boring to be one of those trying to get a fight.  You and I are more alike than you think.

My work takes me away 2 weeks out of 3 and with a renovation project on my home I get to fly 3 or 4 times a month now.  I would prefer those sessions to be fun rather then negative.

I return home around the 10th August.  Perhaps we should wing up and find some common ground and improve the game for both of us.

~S~

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2018, 12:53:16 AM »
I feel your frustration.  On reflection I did kill you several times there and can understand how you could think I was pick n running if there were other 51s that ran from fights.  All I can do is assure you I was not.

As stated before, the gameplay is terrible when hordes are operating.  Frustrating to be hammered by so many enemy and boring to be one of those trying to get a fight.  You and I are more alike than you think.

My work takes me away 2 weeks out of 3 and with a renovation project on my home I get to fly 3 or 4 times a month now.  I would prefer those sessions to be fun rather then negative.

I return home around the 10th August.  Perhaps we should wing up and find some common ground and improve the game for both of us.

~S~

Stir up some 2v2s, too.  Would be fun.   

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 03:15:34 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2018, 03:55:50 AM »
Fake news.  He's never said that.

The way you've arranged your argument I merely have to supply one data point of evidence to corner you into apologising for calling me a liar or resorting to an ad hominem attack. Go on cowboy, pick up the gun  :)

Fess has done exactly the same thing he's criticising Flippz for here. Getting shot down, not liking it, and making derogatory comments about the other players actions.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2018, 07:51:28 AM »
The way you've arranged your argument I merely have to supply one data point of evidence to corner you into apologising for calling me a liar or resorting to an ad hominem attack. Go on cowboy, pick up the gun  :)

Fess has done exactly the same thing he's criticising Flippz for here. Getting shot down, not liking it, and making derogatory comments about the other players actions.

Put up or shut up.   A screenshot will be sufficient.

No, Fess has not whined like lippz did—and does, CONSTANTLY.   I most certainly have never heard Fess whine that nobody in a horde will drop what they’re doing and 1 v 1 him.

I’ll accept your apology any time...
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2018, 09:26:23 AM »
A screenshot will be sufficient.

Weird you seem to think you set the standard for satisfactory evidence. You do not. Your argument was of the 'for all' form, I think you used the word 'never'? That's blown to pieces by a single example of Fess complaining after getting shot down about the other player's methods (see attachment).

And it's not the first time I've seen Fess do things like this and / or rage quit on my Timezone. He has quite a reputation for it, as you'd observe on 200 right after he pops off. Hence my raised eyebrows at the OP. I think it's fine to get frustrated and vent off, but it's not fine that you can do it with impunity but never be at the receiving end of it. Embrace that you like the drama in that case and have at it <Shrug>

No, Fess has not whined like lippz did—and does, CONSTANTLY.   I most certainly have never heard Fess whine that nobody in a horde will drop what they’re doing and 1 v 1 him.

That's a Straw man argument. The subject of the discussion was hypocrisy not whining. Flippz can whine non-stop on 200 and Fess can never whine at all, and you still have lost this argument.

I’ll accept your apology any time...

For what? Having different opinions / experiences to you?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234