Author Topic: Flippz - this is me 'picking' your Tempest  (Read 5305 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Flippz - this is me 'picking' your Tempest
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 09:32:58 AM »
Weird you seem to think you set the standard for satisfactory evidence. You do not. Your argument was of the 'for all' form, I think you used the word 'never'? That's blown to pieces by a single example of Fess complaining after getting shot down about the other player's methods (see attachment).

And it's not the first time I've seen Fess do things like this and / or rage quit on my Timezone. He has quite a reputation for it, as you'd observe on 200 right after he pops off. Hence my raised eyebrows at the OP. I think it's fine to get frustrated and vent off, but it's not fine that you can do it with impunity but never be at the receiving end of it. Embrace that you like the drama in that case and have at it <Shrug>

That's a Straw man argument. The subject of the discussion was hypocrisy not whining. Flippz can whine non-stop on 200 and Fess can never whine at all, and you still have lost this argument.

For what? Having different opinions / experiences to you?

Nice try.   

Swing and a miss. 

Fess is a big boy and hardly needs my help defending him but...

You falsely accused the man of whining about something he's never done then post what alleges to be a film of him complaining (about an entirely different subject).  Talk about strawmen.  Yours is burning.    You're better than that. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:51:10 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 10:57:24 AM »
You falsely accused the man of whining about something he's never done

No, I accused him of being hypocritical, and supplied evidence to that effect.

I do think it is useful for flippz to see the fight from my end as the two sides of the fence often have differing opinions as to what went down.

Here's the objectionable double standard which I am (quite successfully) pointing out. Fess made no effort whatsoever to see my side of the fence after I shot him down. And no, I'm not butt-hurt at cheating accusations either, I average 5 of those per month (and don't even report them even though they techincally are EULA violations), it's just a pertinant example.

Filtering evidence automatically based on partisan motives and throwing out informal fallacy after informal fallacy is pure politics. I don't rate rhetoric very highly myself.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 11:13:16 AM »
No, I accused him of being hypocritical, and supplied evidence to that effect.

Here's the objectionable double standard which I am (quite successfully) pointing out. Fess made no effort whatsoever to see my side of the fence after I shot him down. And no, I'm not butt-hurt at cheating accusations either, I average 5 of those per month (and don't even report them even though they techincally are EULA violations), it's just a pertinant example.

Filtering evidence automatically based on partisan motives and throwing out informal fallacy after informal fallacy is pure politics. I don't rate rhetoric very highly myself.

I consider both of you guys friends. 

Hypocrisy would be Fess whining about being picked--in a similar manner  to lippz on 200.  Fess is among the classiest guys in this game bar none.   I've always considered you similarly.  Certainly toward me. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 04:09:48 PM »
nrshida,

My posts in this thread have been conciliatory and you will see that I agree with flippz much more than I disagree with him.  In fact the only point of contention is whether I picked or not.  We have agreed it was not a pick and I believe we share common ground on all other aspects of the encounter.

I have offered to work with flippz to try to find more common ground and improve the game experience for both of us.

You seem determined to derail that process.

I am not sure where I am being hypocritical.  My thread is pretty much “hey mate this is how it looked on my end”.  I have not accused flippz of anything, simply stated that it was not how it looked.

I have also not tried to claim any sort of moral high ground.  I have been vocal on 200 before and I am sure will be again, I do not see me claiming othwise nor chastising others for doing so.

flippz and I do not have the best of in game relationships and if you read through my posts here you can see I am trying to change that.  Seems the biggest argument here is not between myself and flippz at all.

Once again I thank you for your input.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2018, 05:07:19 PM »
Kill or be killed.   end of.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2018, 07:21:38 PM »
Not a pick. Just garbage flying / descision making by flippz
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2018, 08:28:18 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:20:32 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:21:08 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:21:36 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:21:51 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2018, 10:57:11 PM »
Funny how y'all can talk down to flippz and I get ruled for pointing it out... We'll have the last laugh I promise you...Take it to the bank
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2018, 11:06:49 PM »
Funny how y'all can talk down to flippz and I get ruled for pointing it out... We'll have the last laugh I promise you...Take it to the bank

That's not why you got it.  :old:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2018, 11:12:57 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:19:26 AM by Skuzzy »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:22:21 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2018, 05:38:47 AM »
flippz and I do not have the best of in game relationships and if you read through my posts here you can see I am trying to change that. 

Almost to exclusion players want to get $15's worth of 'win' / ego-enhancement, venting rage from other areas of life, or narcisistic indulgence. While there may be a very few rare birds still around, the majority wants things to go their own way by any means all of the time and everything else is chaff and flares. You need to be decisive if you want to be part of that or not.

Look at what this thread shook out of its tree. Sometimes even friendships bridging those differences. Integrating that, learning about other people and yourself and adapting might be a more productive direction to put your energy into. That and applying your ACM more in the vert  :)

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234