Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28145 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Radar Testing
« on: July 31, 2018, 07:45:57 PM »
No one created a thread yet to discuss tonight's Radar Test?
I think it is a step in the right direction, however map wide radar is obviously far too powerful, especially with pinpointing vehicles.
I do however think that a country should have full radar coverage within their borders and slightly forward as well.  Hopefully tonight's test is a step towards that setup.  I'd just install more radar towers for an area that change hands with the nearby base, and can be taken down.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 07:47:31 PM »
It’s in the Bug Reports section.

A dar floor or terrain masking would maybe be worth considering but this is a huge step in the right direction.  Most action I’ve seen in a long time.  Noobs will see players online now, not a blank map. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:18:42 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 08:47:33 PM »
It’s in the Bug Reports section.

A dar floor or terrain masking would maybe be worth considering but this is a huge step in the right direction.  Most action I’ve seen in a long time.  Noobs will see players online now, not a blank map.

Given the steep learning curve of AH3 and the experience of the veteran fighter pilots who have been playing this game for many years, is having enemies precisely located more likely to interest new players than it is to get them quickly and repeatedly killed, and thus leave the game in frustration?
A rhetorical question.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 08:51:28 PM »
It never stopped me in other games. 
”KILLER V”

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 09:15:33 PM »
This was once the greatest realtime tactical sim in the world. Its why I played and many many others.  I understand the move. Numbers are low i get it.  It comes with a cost.  We lost what made this game great awhile back to meet the standards of the now majority.  Seeing moves like this only reaffirms my decision to stop playing.  Yall dont have to see it or understand but this is a very sad day in the history of AH. 

I kept coming back to bbs because i figured maybe things would change.  After this stunt im logging out and never coming back to bbs. We will never have the great tactical play this game was known for ever again.  Players like myself who played for the tactical simulation wont be missed because we are almost extinct.  <S> from the top to the very bottom.

Finetime signing off :salute

P. S.  You dont try to fix what isnt broke.... Enjoy the shrinking pond.  Cant stand to watch this game get cannibalized anymore.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 09:20:39 PM »
This was once the greatest realtime tactical sim in the world. Its why I played and many many others.  I understand the move. Numbers are low i get it.  It comes with a cost.  We lost what made this game great awhile back to meet the standards of the now majority.  Seeing moves like this only reaffirms my decision to stop playing.  Yall dont have to see it or understand but this is a very sad day in the history of AH. 

I kept coming back to bbs because i figured maybe things would change.  After this stunt im logging out and never coming back to bbs. We will never have the great tactical play this game was known for ever again.  Players like myself who played for the tactical simulation wont be missed because we are almost extinct.  <S> from the top to the very bottom.

Finetime signing off :salute

P. S.  You dont try to fix what isnt broke.... Enjoy the shrinking pond.  Cant stand to watch this game get cannibalized anymore.

See you in two weeks.  :D

I don't get all the complaining about dar.   This is an EXPERIMENT that Hitech is using to gather data.  I doubt this is the final form.   Even so, in WBs we had full radar except below 200' and I don't recall all this crying.   It was fun there and it will be fun here.

May have to go back to generic icons to give the BUFF guys a chance except in dar rings, but hey, it's a great improvement.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:25:37 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 09:22:53 PM »
My initial observation is that it will be even harder to lone wolf it.  That is bad news for me.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 09:28:52 PM »
So what does this test mean?  Radar is always on, killing the radar tower at a base has no impact?  Radar is always on?  Big -1 for me.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 09:42:59 PM »
So what does this test mean?  Radar is always on, killing the radar tower at a base has no impact?  Radar is always on?  Big -1 for me.

Obviously in tonight's test that is the case, but I can't imagine that will be the end product.  I'm guessing they want to see more radar coverage, but would be willing to bet it won't be hinder proof in the future.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 09:45:56 PM »
Obviously in tonight's test that is the case, but I can't imagine that will be the end product.  I'm guessing they want to see more radar coverage, but would be willing to bet it won't be hinder proof in the future.

Yeah, I can see fuzzy sector dar that gets more accurate as you get within range or inside dar rings.   Anything beats the ghost town of before.   Have some faith here people.  Work with the system and let's help Hitech make it better.
”KILLER V”

Offline killjoy1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »
I won't be playing this game.  This radar is stupid.
callsigns:  Rexx, Killjoy, Fluffy

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 09:59:04 PM »
If AH goes full radar I will find something else to doin the evenings.

:salute Everyone
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 10:03:07 PM »
I personally think full radar for GVs is fine, but for aircraft it is simply too much.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 27th

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 10:14:04 PM »
If AH goes full radar I will find something else to doin the evenings.

:salute Everyone

I would say my 17 years invested is under threat. If its being tested which means its being considered.

:salute
27th

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 10:26:44 PM »
A change along these lines is something the game needs.   

All these people AVOIDING combat are killing the game, not radar that drives action.   
”KILLER V”