Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 29043 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2018, 05:01:56 PM »
So are loot chests next?

purchase perk points with real money?

what about a no cockpit setting? its hella stupid yo that I cant see the bad guyz because my plane crap is in the way.

Running out of bullits is dumb too, and why do we have to do the stupid take off and wait so long to fight...\

If I wanted all the realistic junk I would play Aces High.

Your strawmen are burning.   :old:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2018, 05:38:55 PM »
You will never get a loyalty following of new players like those of us that have been here 15 plus year the way the game is now. it is a point and shoot arcade game and kids get tired of that rather quickly. So yes advertise any way possible and get new players, if you get 1 out of every 10 people that look it is a win.

If the fence sitters quit but more noobs stay then It's a win.  Fill the glass faster than the water leaks out of the hole. 

The future of this game is not legacy subscribers.  It's new players.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2018, 05:54:25 PM »
    A few changes in play I have noticed. cruisers can hunt gvs without a spotter using indirect fire.  Gvs can get  bombed by aircraft at 20k and dive bombed from planes at high alt without a spotter.  Bombers ditch when they see a fighter upping or just bomb and bail. more players going off map  fighters mass and attack single fighters. More players going to 25k and above.  a further step away from a simulator.  although task groups have eluded the All Seeing Eye. That doesn't make sense.  Maybe we can get a  Godzilla and Rodan for gv options. and Mothra for a fighter.    Anyway have a blast. 

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2018, 06:07:09 PM »
Man i agree with some of the things you mentioned about people bombing and bailing. My 2 cents is this is all a test lets see what other Changes HTC has in mind.

Besides it is all Skuzzy's Fault he keeps tripping over the cords!!!

and why not in CAPS like in the game  :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

I still do the same game play no Matter what the dar options are if you do not like it try AvA then that is also a Fun Arena and they can change it to the way it was I believe.

Crazyman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline OldDoom

• Zinc Member
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »
I understand the motivation. I recall 10 years ago logging on and being frustrated because I couldn't find anybody in the air. I am a fan of anything that will help keep the game viable. However, there are a lot of old timers like me who mostly enjoy the game for the level of realism and pursuit of winning the war. I have to say I am not a fan of the all seeing eye. That certainly wasn't the case in WWII. Some of the other post had good ideas as a compromise position. 1) More Radar towers to increase coverage, at least that gives some option for potential surprise attacks if they can be taken down. 2) Better ground masking and radar realism - Maybe radar detection altitude  becomes 200 ft as apposed to 60 ft or is proportional to distance from radar (ie Line of site limitations). I don't know the best solution but I don't think always seeing the location of every player on the map is the best solution.
 My 2 cents worth

<S> OldDoom :airplane:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2018, 07:08:53 PM »
You will never get a loyalty following of new players like those of us that have been here 15 plus year the way the game is now. it is a point and shoot arcade game and kids get tired of that rather quickly. So yes advertise any way possible and get new players, if you get 1 out of every 10 people that look it is a win.

Loyalty is dwindling by default.  Can't be helped I guess. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2018, 07:46:03 PM »
Many people only play on the week end.

HiTech

FACT  CHECK:    arenas  used to be 300 - 500 players to the point of needing TWO  separate  arenas..  Now are rarely 130  for a single arena

Reduce the placating easy mode,  cell phone mode,  improve the graphics engine.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:53:40 PM by gldnbb »
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2018, 07:46:24 PM »
Point and click, arcade?

This game is hardly point and click or an arcade style game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2018, 07:50:13 PM »
My current thinking is it will change Tuesday with a new test consisting of full radar in tower (with the exception of below radar), and different settings when in flight.

HiTech

Not  very new... . but a  borrowed technique when HighTech  was with  Wilbil in his  WARBIRDS game that died due to LACK OF core game graphics improvement...   HISTORY  LESSON:   Warbirds had  Tower  dar,   and  the  pilots  had to rely on the guy in the tower to vector him to the fight

Therefore  Hightech  current  'thinking'  if you want to call it as such is to borrow on the old methods from his own co-op Warbirds  which he left.

Not  Original.   It  still died.   

Please focus on the core graphics improvements
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:51:55 PM by gldnbb »
-The Golden BB-

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2018, 08:00:46 PM »
Many people only play on the week end.

HiTech

A LOT  less people play  AH  on the week ends.   Recall splitting MAIN arena due to FULL volumes of  200-500 players?    Now these days  you barely see 150 players...

It's not about the #s of the players.  It is about the QUALITY of the game.    Each decision has  lost  players.     1) Split the main arena and when #s  drop  re-unite to a single arena  2)  Make Gvs automatic 3)Employ  dar bars of  enemies 4) Show ENEMY GV  dar  5)make arenas  FULL DAR across  temporarily   AKA   lets find a fight.   6) Chase away history recreation enthusiasts -  they cannot  post missions or strat runs  because full dar bar.  7) Increase dar at expense at a small map that is not realistic on real maps.  8) employ a  HUD so planes can be modern in a fake WWII level.                                                 

Conclusion:  Lets  turn the game into a  'fighting game'..    Damn the squads,  Damn the missions planners,   Damn the bombers.      Meanwhile competitive  games has  advanced amazing  graphics in an  WWII  historical  sense. 

Cough:  This is what caused the downfall of  Wildbill's  WARBIRDS  game  (which mr aces high himself was helping to run the bad decisions in Warbirds)

Learn from history. It's your  choice.  Greed of the #s
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:10:05 PM by gldnbb »
-The Golden BB-

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2018, 08:26:49 PM »
Point and click, arcade?

This game is hardly point and click or an arcade style game.

I dunno.  A couple of days ago I saw a PT on all seeing radar, got in the SB, selected land mode, pointed and clicked on the PT dar, and sank it.  It was entirely beyond visual range.

Disclaimer: it did take several shots due to the guns dispersion.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2018, 08:28:54 PM »

Not  very new... . but a  borrowed technique when HighTech  was with  Wilbil in his  WARBIRDS game that died due to LACK OF core game graphics improvement...   HISTORY  LESSON:   Warbirds had  Tower  dar,   and  the  pilots  had to rely on the guy in the tower to vector him to the fight

Therefore  Hightech  current  'thinking'  if you want to call it as such is to borrow on the old methods from his own co-op Warbirds  which he left.

Not  Original.   It  still died.   

Please focus on the core graphics improvements

Bucking for a PNG or something?

WBs died because Wild Bill was an arse.  That and AH ultimately created a better product.  Reducing radar and icon ranges in WBs hurt it more than anything.

Hitech is on the right track here.   The whining is a bit much.   
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2018, 08:29:51 PM »

A LOT  less people play  AH  on the week ends.   Recall splitting MAIN arena due to FULL volumes of  200-500 players?    Now these days  you barely see 150 players...

It's not about the #s of the players.  It is about the QUALITY of the game.    Each decision has  lost  players.     1) Split the main arena and when #s  drop  re-unite to a single arena  2)  Make Gvs automatic 3)Employ  dar bars of  enemies 4) Show ENEMY GV  dar  5)make arenas  FULL DAR across  temporarily   AKA   lets find a fight.   6) Chase away history recreation enthusiasts -  they cannot  post missions or strat runs  because full dar bar.  7) Increase dar at expense at a small map that is not realistic on real maps.  8) employ a  HUD so planes can be modern in a fake WWII level.                                                 

Conclusion:  Lets  turn the game into a  'fighting game'..    Damn the squads,  Damn the missions planners,   Damn the bombers.      Meanwhile competitive  games has  advanced amazing  graphics in an  WWII  historical  sense. 

Cough:  This is what caused the downfall of  Wildbill's  WARBIRDS  game  (which mr aces high himself was helping to run the bad decisions in Warbirds)

Learn from history. It's your  choice.  Greed of the #s

Have some decaf, bruh.   :bolt:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Radar Testing
« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2018, 08:46:53 PM »
The only suggestion I have for HiTech is this:

1. Theater wide radar view should be attached to the HQ only

2. Not sure if you can get the tower view at the HQ, if not, add it.

3. When Radar is taken down, shrink the theater radar by a percentage until 100% damage, at which point, theater dar is down.

4. After Radar is down, revert to base dar rings, with no GVdar and no Dar Bar.

5. When HQ is down, remove radar completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:50:11 PM by Ciaphas »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #269 on: August 03, 2018, 08:52:37 PM »
    A few changes in play I have noticed. cruisers can hunt gvs without a spotter using indirect fire.  Gvs can get  bombed by aircraft at 20k and dive bombed from planes at high alt without a spotter.  Bombers ditch when they see a fighter upping or just bomb and bail. more players going off map  fighters mass and attack single fighters. More players going to 25k and above.  a further step away from a simulator.  although task groups have eluded the All Seeing Eye. That doesn't make sense.  Maybe we can get a  Godzilla and Rodan for gv options. and Mothra for a fighter.    Anyway have a blast.
You make a good point. In the test to see the world, why aren't all country CVs visible ?  All their fields, aircraft and GVs are. Will a plane engine on on the flight deck be visible ?
Ground Pounders ...