Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19416 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2018, 11:18:05 PM »
Wow this is really fun GVing. Drive to the tank icon and he either shoots you or you shoot him rinse and do it all over again. No hunt no strategy just drive to other guys icon. stupid stupid stupid.

What the heck are you doing driving trucks, RV?  You're a pilot, not a bus driver.  Get back in the air.

- oldman

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2018, 12:42:26 PM »
Kinda of fun to drive trucks once in a while. :)

What the heck are you doing driving trucks, RV?  You're a pilot, not a bus driver.  Get back in the air.

- oldman
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2018, 01:40:51 PM »
Wow this is really fun GVing. Drive to the tank icon and he either shoots you or you shoot him rinse and do it all over again. No hunt no strategy just drive to other guys icon. stupid stupid stupid.

Drive? Just find a place where forward spawns end close to each other. Spawn-shoot-[die|kill]. Tried that yesterday. It was fun for a while. But surely can't be the reason for coming back every month.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2018, 06:32:56 PM »
Some of us find fights using stealth..........not dragging around a billboard that says "here I am".

Stealth is part of war and removing it piece by piece will serve up a future that is not kind to the sim.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »
Some of us find fights using stealth..........not dragging around a billboard that says "here I am".

Stealth is part of war and removing it piece by piece will serve up a future that is not kind to the sim.

The data will tell that better than conjecture.   Stealth (avoidance) has already been unkind.   Time to shake things up. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2018, 08:53:01 PM »
The data will tell that better than conjecture.   Stealth (avoidance) has already been unkind.   Time to shake things up.

Might as well turn off of the side switch time rule then as there is no point in spying.

Full dar is not healthy though.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2018, 09:36:40 PM »
Might as well turn off of the side switch time rule then as there is no point in spying.

Full dar is not healthy though.

It's healthier than the status quo.   
”KILLER V”

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2018, 09:49:51 PM »

I'm talking about finding fights and fight avoiders using stealth......not hiding from a fight.

When someone is bombing a strat, you come in NOE not dragging around a dar bar.      I also come in on guys deacking a field by flying over even mountainous terrain without generating a dar bar.      Sure, I'm way below them but it's a fun challenge.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2018, 09:51:21 PM »
I'm talking about finding fights and fight avoiders using stealth......not hiding from a fight.

When someone is bombing a strat, you come in NOE not dragging around a dar bar.      I also come in on guys deacking a field by flying over even mountainous terrain without generating a dar bar.      Sure, I'm way below them but it's a fun challenge.

You're the exception. 
”KILLER V”

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2018, 12:08:55 AM »
It's healthier than the status quo.

It's not sufficient for the type of game play in the MA. A world map should not have a world radar.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2018, 03:45:18 AM »
Because heads are exploding and a full meltdown with toxic emanations is in effect. You guys are not following all of the posts about this none event.

August 1

For the next patch I am writing some new radar option flags so configurations can change and I can test some different combinations.

Enemy Vehicles On Radar
Friendly Vehicles On Radar
Show Bombers as Fighters

Also the BelowRadarAlt will remain active even if full radar is enabled.
It can be set to 0 to disable it.

HiTech

August 3

My current thinking is it will change Tuesday with a new test consisting of full radar in tower (with the exception of below radar), and different settings when in flight.

HiTech

--------------------------------------------------------

This last message looks like he wants to parallel a central control that see's full radar in a region(field radar ring or HQ total radar look??) while your clip board map will be like listening to the radio getting vectoring info. Pretty much how it worked in WW2 unless your plane had radar.
:aok  With the HQ playing a role with radar...surewould be great to lessen hardness of HQ? That would be ONE DAM focuses of action. It would mean so much with knocking it down...would FORCE defenders to engage  :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2018, 03:57:58 AM »
Does anyone bother to read what HT posts?

he is testing out some radar ideas and as he stated, he expects to implement another variation on or around Tuesday.

Let the man employ his trade and lets see what solution he is going to implement and test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ABSOLUTELY! Been a LOT of griping lately..and NOW when he proves he DOES care and pays attention to all the chatter,he gets railed against too. One thing for sure...NO WAY that I could put up with all this "SKY is falling" BS :furious He IS TRYING to address our concerns, to improve game play AND its STILL../ This sucks, fix your game..etc You guys will feel Quite embarrassed if his tweaks end up fixing those issues :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2018, 04:36:01 AM »
Hunting and surprises is what I enjoyed the most before full dar. Sure there were many bad surprises, but good "presents" made up for it. Like upping a long range fighter after being shot down ib to strategic target in a bomber by a heavy overpowering cannon aircraft and going in again as if making another bombing run. Obviously with a lot of altitude and pouncing the heavy cannon bird so next time the enemy would be thinking more about fighter performance as well and not just the biggest guns.

I liked going around the enemy horde to fight the guys that follow so they drop ords before they get to their target. Had great 1v1 fights because aircraft before the horde often trickled in one by one. So often one of us got shot down before the next guy came in. Many guys following the horde were so confident that they even did not scan the sky or were afk for climb, even when their radar was down and base was flashing. I often took out the radar at the base from where the horde was coming in and flew fast and low to come in at the enemy blind spot. Sure some guys got shot down as sitting ducks but they learned a lesson for the next time.

I liked taking a fighter-bomber to strat object and drop bombs/rockets on it and then trying to fight my way out after losing my altitude advantage in the attacking run.

I liked when aircraft where pulling moves like running away behind a ridge so you would lose icon contact and then reversing to come around and attack the following fighter from one of the blind spots.

I liked when you would go in as axis or allied to attack a field and one guy would see your icon and come up in a good historical match-up aircraft instead of the best late war dogfighter etc.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:52:28 AM by asterix »
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2018, 09:02:35 AM »
LOL asterix.........that's training the enemy to expect one thing and giving them a harsh surprise.

I love doing that but it became nearly impossible when the specific fighter vs bomber icons showed up.     

Now, you have to avoid any dar that might show your fighter icon and show up at the enemy strats to wait for the bomber interceptors or fly a TU2, get your bombs out on the way to the strats, and pounce on the enemy interceptors as they climb up to you.

It's getting harder and harder to do anything but gangbang in the phone booth we are being funneled into by these changes.

A lot of people whined about the 49ers long distance vehicle missions but I enjoyed hunting them and later on joining a few.   

When an entire country ignores the HQ or city flashing without a dar bar until both are busted down, then it's the fault of the players who think this war sim is only about furballing.   

I never saw them lift a finger to check on the city with a fighter sortie.......but when they did, it was with zero stealth so the 49ers knew when to stop shooting and stay hidden.

Many of the "furball only" guys are so freaked out about score that they would never bail a plane to up in defense of an important field is in jeopardy of being captured by the enemy NOE sneak attack.........then they whine about the NOE attacks.

A single defender has busted many of these attacks and some of these lone wolf defenders bailed from a b17 at 25k on a strat run.

The changes cater to a loud and vocal minority and what we now have is boring 9 vs 1 fights.

You guys will never enjoy the awesomeness of having NOE fighters or a long distance wirb. waiting near the enemy ME163 base to whack-a-mole the lifting 163s as your country mega mission heads to the strats.

WTG guys.......being incapable of doing the other 95% of what this game can be has forced the game to become 5% of what it can be simply because you lack the ability to think beyond the furball.       

What you now reap is being on the wrong end of 9 vs 1 fights or having to fight 8 friendlies to get a kill on the one enemy plane around.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:16:08 AM by icepac »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2018, 09:56:21 AM »
It's not sufficient for the type of game play in the MA. A world map should not have a world radar.

Adapt or die, as the man said. 
”KILLER V”