Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19366 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2018, 01:34:46 PM »
Take Sunday off and plan your new outrage over radar after next week's patch. Look at the new variables which will become important to the phase 2 testing.

August 1

For the next patch I am writing some new radar option flags so configurations can change and I can test some different combinations.

Enemy Vehicles On Radar
Friendly Vehicles On Radar
Show Bombers as Fighters

Also the BelowRadarAlt will remain active even if full radar is enabled.
It can be set to 0 to disable it.

HiTech

August 3

My current thinking is it will change Tuesday with a new test consisting of full radar in tower (with the exception of below radar), and different settings when in flight.

HiTech
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2018, 02:37:14 PM »
Probably not.  HTC making a detailed post in a thread created by them, about testing or changes to the game would be a better idea.  Then it wouldnt be neccessary to read through the drool that certain people post on current threads literally all day long.  A little clarity would go a long way, without having to read through 1,200 of vracius posts to find answers or relevant information.

I agree with you.  on many aspects of this post.  I do want to state I have no issues with full world radar (except not really fair to bombers and gvers)

I think a simple explanation as to why the test is going on and what we are to expect from the test would be nice. would also maybe shorten a few threads of long dedicated players all the sudden having the game they have played for many years suddenly changed.  I mean I don't want to go to a restaurant and order prime rib only to have the waiter bring chopped steak to the table and turn and leave with no explanation as to why.   

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
End of Full Dar
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2018, 04:29:58 PM »
Flying around today was pretty friggen cool. There were a couple of massive base fights going on.

It didn’t matter which ride I was in, there was a fight to be had.

It seems, from my experience, battles are to be had no matter how many people where online.

Besides all you really need is 10 to 15 per side slugging it out via land, sea and air.

Not really sure what the griping is all about. I was glad that 109 stick could see my buffs and even happier that he climbed just to die.

Do you all fly with your knee board open all the time? I look at mine before I launch and periodically enroute if in a bomber and thats it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2018, 04:45:05 PM »
 :aok I sort of like this radar..in a fighter/attack style,which is all I do, well and wirbs. Then again, I also like playing DCS and have gotten use to playing with ZERO labels and Icons. Its easier in DCS as the planes you are looking for are distinguishable...axis-allied. In AH...you would know Red from GREEN. For fun though, I did put AH into friendly icon only mode. Made it a bit more fun,for me. Already knew where everyone was, so why not :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2018, 11:29:14 PM »
Not really sure what the griping is all about. I was glad that 109 stick could see my buffs and even happier that he climbed just to die.

Prior to this test, a GV had a fighting chance to fire and maneuver their way to a town.  With full radar and no air cover, that came to a halt.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2018, 12:25:06 AM »
Prior to this test, a GV had a fighting chance to fire and maneuver their way to a town.  With full radar and no air cover, that came to a halt.

This will change.  I am certain of that.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2018, 04:56:02 AM »
We get plenty of new players.   They leave after five mins.   It’s possible they see what looks to be zero action and just leave.

And the old ones leave after 10+ years because they dont want a arcade game. Easy button in play now, thats what everyone wants. Crying I cant find a fight, go to eye doctor.
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »
And the old ones leave after 10+ years because they dont want a arcade game. Easy button in play now, thats what everyone wants. Crying I cant find a fight, go to eye doctor.

The cynicism displayed by some people here (having no idea what’s going on) is really astounding.  SMH.

Yeah, ten-year vets having problems finding action need an eye doctor.   Right.    "Hey, as long as it doesn't affect me, who cares?"

Frankly, perhaps some old vets need to leave if all they want to do is dump on everyone rather than having some patience.   If they’re replaced by new blood they’ll come back, too, with a fresh perspective.   Or they won’t and hopefully the game expands any way. 

People need a healthy dose of calm-the-heck-down.   Let Hitech work on what he is doing.  Stay the course.  Maybe you'll get some perks for your "inconvenience" or something...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:46:41 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2018, 10:11:22 AM »
The cynicism displayed by some people here (having no idea what’s going on) is really astounding.  SMH.

Yeah, ten-year vets having problems finding action need an eye doctor.   Right.    "Hey, as long as it doesn't affect me, who cares?"

Frankly, perhaps some old vets need to leave if all they want to do is dump on everyone rather than having some patience.   If they’re replaced by new blood they’ll come back, too, with a fresh perspective.   Or they won’t and hopefully the game expands any way. 

People need a healthy dose of calm-the-heck-down.   Let Hitech work on what he is doing.  Stay the course.  Maybe you'll get some perks for your "inconvenience" or something...

I think what is motivating this type of observation is that the "can't find a fight" argument isn't literally true (!!!).  What it actually means 90% of the time is that the speaker can't find a fight under the conditions of advantage that they prefer.  Hence the game isn't as fun for them.  Vraciu, you are as guilty of this type of disingenuous-ness as any. 

Do I care?  Actually yes, but at the same time I don't want to kill the game play elements (including stealth, hide-and-seek-type stuff) which I enjoy.  Hence, I always have posted with the goal of trying to find some sort of compromise allowing all play styles to co-exist.  Unfortunately many aren't willing to be reasonable, and resort to belittling opposing views by characterizing them as "whining", etc. 

MH

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2018, 10:30:45 AM »
I think what is motivating this type of observation is that the "can't find a fight" argument isn't literally true (!!!).  What it actually means 90% of the time is that the speaker can't find a fight under the conditions of advantage that they prefer.  Hence the game isn't as fun for them. 

Wrong.   Circling a base and offering to let people up without vulching and nobody shows up is not "conditions of advantage".   And you can always up from a base back and come in higher.

Vraciu, you are as guilty of this type of disingenuous-ness as any. 

^^^^^^^^^^ Disingenous-ness (sic) Exhibit A. 

I fight smartly.   It doesn't matter if the map is full or empty, I approach it the same way.   When I am in a P-51 I have to fly it smart or die quickly.   There is not much margin for error in that airplane.    The empty arenas just mean I have to carry more gas to drone around for an hour to find a fight--and wind up heavier and at a greater *DIS*advantage than I otherwise would. 

Do I care?  Actually yes, but at the same time I don't want to kill the game play elements (including stealth, hide-and-seek-type stuff) which I enjoy.  Hence, I always have posted with the goal of trying to find some sort of compromise allowing all play styles to co-exist.  Unfortunately many aren't willing to be reasonable, and resort to belittling opposing views by characterizing them as "whining", etc. 

MH

Hmmmm, let's see...

[T]he speaker can't find a fight under the conditions of advantage that they prefer.

Vraciu, you are as guilty of this type of disingenuous-ness as any. 

”KILLER V”

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2018, 10:45:10 AM »
I logged on again this weekend to see the impact of the change.  I had more positive than negative thoughts - but I could see some players hating it.

August 3

My current thinking is it will change Tuesday with a new test consisting of full radar in tower (with the exception of below radar), and different settings when in flight.

HiTech

Does this mean that you will see GVs in Tower but not in Flight?

How about a dynamic radar range tied to the health of your Radar Strats?  - Perhaps start out with a 50 mile range and shrink it to even Zero miles when Strats change.

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2018, 10:54:15 AM »
Vraciu, the point at issue is the meaning of "can't find a fight". 

I interpret this literally, meaning that the speaker can't find a fight under any circumstances.  You clearly don't.  Your last post contains all sorts of implications to this effect, e.g. "I fight smartly" (sic).  If all you needed was "a fight", that wouldn't matter.  But you want fights which are enjoyable.  That is not unreasonable, but to avoid the type of criticism you are complaining about, you need to make it clear as to what you sometimes lack; i.e. not fights per se, but enjoyable fights.   

That's why I used the term disingenuous-ness (misspelled), because you are clearly intelligent enough to understand the difference I outline above. 

MH
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:15:22 AM by TDeacon »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2018, 11:24:43 AM »
Vraciu, the point at issue is the meaning of "can't find a fight". 

I interpret this literally, meaning that the speaker can't find a fight under any circumstances

Again, anyone can switch countries and get stuck for four or six hours along with having ENY...

You clearly don't.  Your last post contains all sorts of implications to this effect, e.g. "I fight smartly" (sic).

My post was a refutation of your assertion that the only reason I can't find a fight is I am looking for some mythical "conditions (sic) of advantage" fight.  Untrue.

If all you needed was "a fight", that wouldn't matter.  But you want fights which are enjoyable.

I want any fight at all.  ANY.   Taking four bases unopposed even after announcing our intentions on 200 is neither enjoyable nor "a fight" of any kind.

That is not unreasonable, but to avoid the type of criticism you are complaining about, you need to make it clear as to what you sometimes lack; i.e. not fights per se, but enjoyable fights.   

Do not put words in my mouth, sir.

That's why I used the term disingenuous-ness (misspelled), because you are clearly intelligent enough to understand the difference I outline above. 

MH

And you are clearly intelligent enough to stop building strawmen and stick to the very real issues brought up in this thread (and others) that prompted this entire experiment in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:35:48 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2018, 11:42:18 AM »
HT should just make another areana with GVs only no GV dar just flashing bases like the old days when it was fun. The let the guys that just want air combat have the Malee arena with the dar as it is now. Let people have a choice of how they want to play.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2018, 11:43:31 AM »
HT should just make another areana with GVs only no GV dar just flashing bases like the old days when it was fun. The let the guys that just want air combat have the Malee arena with the dar as it is now. Let people have a choice of how they want to play.

That's a thought.   It's better to create a new arena with the old settings and watch what happens I guess, but then we dilute the population even further...  It's a vicious cycle.
”KILLER V”