Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 18901 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 11:53:21 AM »
The new dar mode fundamentally changes the game, but without the fun in fundamental...more like suckamental. It promotes bomb-and-bailers and avoiding combat even more than before. I saw 2 bombbailers and a fighter bailer last night.

From the air I watched a gv spawn vulchfest that was just silly. There were 6-8 friendly gvs outnumbering a few enemy trying to spawn in. A pilot and a gv'er were begging for a turn at the vulching of 2 or three enemy gvs spawning in. "Can I get the next one guys, can I get the next one?" Pathetic.

This changes my game play enough that I won't be in the game as much as I used to. Last night I stopped playing earlier than usual because I wasn't having the fun I ussually have with the game. That was a first for me in Aces High.

Maybe I'll entertain myself tonight by hitting radars. Har, har.
You got it all wrong Hellbuck.  That sounds like a 6-8 GV bomb fest that did not happen.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 12:05:36 PM »
When I first got back on, I got lost for a little bit with all the tabs on top trying to figure out where to go

Maybe rearrange the front screen with picture images for the current arenas instead of clicking on tabs. Clocking the image takes you to the next screen to pick the available arena you want to go in. Rename the melee arena to total war or something like that, which would have the original radar settings like it used to be. And also add an instant action arena of something small that you can take off, get to alt, and fight an enemy. That arena would have radar full on like it is now. Another idea for that arena is to have dar dots but of a different color for AI aircraft flying around in a preset area, like bombing runs, patrols, etc. Might give the instant action ADD crowd some interest
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 12:40:14 PM »
Because heads are exploding and a full meltdown with toxic emanations is in effect. You guys are not following all of the posts about this none event.

August 1

For the next patch I am writing some new radar option flags so configurations can change and I can test some different combinations.

Enemy Vehicles On Radar
Friendly Vehicles On Radar
Show Bombers as Fighters

Also the BelowRadarAlt will remain active even if full radar is enabled.
It can be set to 0 to disable it.

HiTech

August 3

My current thinking is it will change Tuesday with a new test consisting of full radar in tower (with the exception of below radar), and different settings when in flight.

HiTech

--------------------------------------------------------

This last message looks like he wants to parallel a central control that see's full radar in a region(field radar ring or HQ total radar look??) while your clip board map will be like listening to the radio getting vectoring info. Pretty much how it worked in WW2 unless your plane had radar.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 01:30:08 PM »
Because heads are exploding and a full meltdown with toxic emanations is in effect. You guys are not following all of the posts about this none event.

August 1

For the next patch I am writing some new radar option flags so configurations can change and I can test some different combinations.

Enemy Vehicles On Radar
Friendly Vehicles On Radar
Show Bombers as Fighters

Also the BelowRadarAlt will remain active even if full radar is enabled.
It can be set to 0 to disable it.

HiTech

August 3

My current thinking is it will change Tuesday with a new test consisting of full radar in tower (with the exception of below radar), and different settings when in flight.

HiTech

--------------------------------------------------------

This last message looks like he wants to parallel a central control that see's full radar in a region(field radar ring or HQ total radar look??) while your clip board map will be like listening to the radio getting vectoring info. Pretty much how it worked in WW2 unless your plane had radar.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 01:40:50 PM »
Smaller maps still don't convey action to a noob.  The ADD generation. . .
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 02:16:45 PM »
Then let's pray the tower look radar on the clip board is everything in the arena. Tanks, meh, give the poor guys a break. I already use F3 in the tower to help vector my tanks when the enemy is close enough. Like making that long climb up the radar tower with low powered binoculars to look around. Now that would be an interesting observation position if Hitech let us hit Key_2 in the tower and be on top of it with optics as good as the TigerII on zoom. It would appeal to the ADD generation. Certainly would help on vBases so you can turn 360 scanning the local area. But, F3 gets you higher up, it's just kind of disjointed from the immersion.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »
Yeah, tanks can do what they want as long as we have dar bar for them at airfields. 
”KILLER V”

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 03:53:59 PM »
Yep I hate fighting!! :rolleyes:

Now what kind of question is that?? You both know me better than that.

I never thought you would be one to complain. come in and try it.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2018, 03:55:44 PM »
Maybe...GET MORE PLAYERS

leave the dar alone

Then more players more action.. dont scare off the remaining few..

But what do i know.. taken a 2 week break ( kids got fortnite)
Gave it a go..what a noob.. its so frustrating.. but thats what being a noob is all about.. getting wooped left right and center..trying to figure it out..i die alorta lora times trying to figure sheet out.. makes me think what it must be like to be a noob here.. very similar.. but thats the way of the noob..they gotta pay in blood to get the knowledge.. dont pander to em..after all..they are lowly grunts.. cannon fodder.. always have been
.should always be..

<S> friends and foes
Jimmy

WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN?  on another holiday?
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 03:56:41 PM »

with full radar up it has been promoting a lot more fights

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2018, 03:57:38 PM »
We get plenty of new players.   They leave after five mins.   It’s possible they see what looks to be zero action and just leave.

I think that's a big part of it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2018, 04:01:05 PM »

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2018, 04:11:22 PM »
OK          Hew to the line, let the chips fall where they may.

My last words on the subject.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2018, 04:59:07 PM »
dar bars are good enough.

Anybody who thinks pinpoint map wide radar is necessary for finding a fight, isnt really  looking for a fight.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2018, 05:00:37 PM »
dar bars are good enough.

Anybody who thinks pinpoint map wide radar is necessary for finding a fight, isnt really  looking for a fight.

Good luck with that.   :aok
”KILLER V”