Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19324 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2018, 05:06:30 PM »
Good luck with that.   :aok

Why you say that? do you need somebody to hold your hand all the way up until you D1.0? 

Dar bars are the perfect IMO, they give you enough idea of where to look but you still..  *GASP* ACTUALLY HAVE TO TRY to find your target..   which of course leads to having good SA and strategy and .. you know all that stuff we apparently don't have time for anymore.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »
Why you say that? do you need somebody to hold your hand all the way up until you D1.0? 

Dar bars are the perfect IMO, they give you enough idea of where to look but you still..  *GASP* ACTUALLY HAVE TO TRY to find your target..   which of course leads to having good SA and strategy and .. you know all that stuff we apparently don't have time for anymore.

Fire!   Fire!  Someone call 9-11!  Oh the humanity.   

(Some folks just don't get it.)
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2018, 05:31:32 PM »
I had to logon today to see what was going on.    :confused:

I thought that it was interesting.   :cheers:

However, full DAR all the time?   :eek:

It could be interesting to have a reg 25 mile DAR with emy GVs but with a hard Radar - say same hardness as a VH.  :old:

(Don't have any thoughts on how long it should stay down for....)   :bolt:

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2018, 05:32:29 PM »
Wow this is really fun GVing. Drive to the tank icon and he either shoots you or you shoot him rinse and do it all over again. No hunt no strategy just drive to other guys icon. stupid stupid stupid.

Fire!   Fire!  Someone call 9-11!  Oh the humanity.   

(Some folks just don't get it.)
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 05:56:13 PM »

Yup (air darbars, not the GV kind, they suck big hairy meatballs).
Guessing HT is trying very hard to bring new players in and is dumbing the game down as a result. I get it that newbs will be more inclined to poke around vs log off if they see every player all the time, but HT is likely to lose a number of long term players (and possible mentors to newbs) whose porridge just got peed on in trying.

A better solution imo is to have dedicated helpers to newbs, and very clear and exact ways in which newbs can get in touch with these helpers. That's probably what got me past my 1st two weeks. Sadly, I no longer remember the name of my helper, but he was far more patient than I would have been in helping me get a grasp on AH's utter basics--which are NOT obvious to people checking the game out, I didn't even know how to use my friggin' mike for example!

HT has said that people new to the game are often gone very, very quickly. THAT's the time to catch them. NOT by spoiling the game for the people who have been here for years, or even decades; but by having dedicated helpers whom they can easily get in touch with (and KNOW they can get in touch with) to help them get them acclimated before they lose interest and log off.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2018, 06:01:58 PM »
I'm betting Vraciu (I call him ACHOO with sincere fondness) will reach 16,756 BBS posts by December 21, 2018. Who's with me on this?  :old:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 07:09:54 PM »
Wow this is really fun GVing. Drive to the tank icon and he either shoots you or you shoot him rinse and do it all over again. No hunt no strategy just drive to other guys icon. stupid stupid stupid.

It's a test phase.   
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2018, 07:11:12 PM »
Yup (air darbars, not the GV kind, they suck big hairy meatballs).
Guessing HT is trying very hard to bring new players in and is dumbing the game down as a result. I get it that newbs will be more inclined to poke around vs log off if they see every player all the time, but HT is likely to lose a number of long term players (and possible mentors to newbs) whose porridge just got peed on in trying.

A better solution imo is to have dedicated helpers to newbs, and very clear and exact ways in which newbs can get in touch with these helpers. That's probably what got me past my 1st two weeks. Sadly, I no longer remember the name of my helper, but he was far more patient than I would have been in helping me get a grasp on AH's utter basics--which are NOT obvious to people checking the game out, I didn't even know how to use my friggin' mike for example!

HT has said that people new to the game are often gone very, very quickly. THAT's the time to catch them. NOT by spoiling the game for the people who have been here for years, or even decades; but by having dedicated helpers whom they can easily get in touch with (and KNOW they can get in touch with) to help them get them acclimated before they lose interest and log off.

Dedicated helpers?   :rofl

They don't stay long enough to BE helped and who would staff this?

No way that's gonna fly. 
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2018, 07:12:06 PM »
I'm betting Vraciu (I call him ACHOO with sincere fondness) will reach 16,756 BBS posts by December 21, 2018. Who's with me on this?  :old:

You using math again?   :rofl
”KILLER V”

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2018, 07:19:21 PM »
My VOTE is to END full radar.

Dumbest idea in 20 years.

ROX

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2018, 07:43:34 PM »

He does like to qnswer every single post.. lucky Hitech having such a dedicated teachers pet.
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2018, 07:44:29 PM »
Does anyone bother to read what HT posts?

he is testing out some radar ideas and as he stated, he expects to implement another variation on or around Tuesday.

Let the man employ his trade and lets see what solution he is going to implement and test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »
He does like to qnswer every single post.. lucky Hitech having such a dedicated teachers pet.

:ahand

Teachers (sic) pet?  What’s that?   

Heh, I’m as far from that as you can get—I once got a PNG for excessive criticism.  But the dog pile of whiners here lately is comical except for being so sad.
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 08:32:50 PM »
Does anyone bother to read what HT posts?

he is testing out some radar ideas and as he stated, he expects to implement another variation on or around Tuesday.

Let the man employ his trade and lets see what solution he is going to implement and test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanity in the face of irrational hysteria.    ^^^^
”KILLER V”

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
End of Full Dar
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 08:52:37 PM »
Posting this here as well as in the other radar thread:

The only suggestion I have for HiTech is this:

1. Theater wide radar view should be attached to the HQ only

2. Not sure if you can get the tower view at the HQ, if not, add it.

3. When Radar is taken down, shrink the theater radar by a percentage until 100% damage, at which point, theater dar is down.

4. After Radar is down, revert to base dar rings, with no GVdar and no Dar Bar.

5. When HQ is down, remove radar completely.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario