Author Topic: Maj. Richard E. Turner - P-51B "Short-Fuse-Sallee" by MachNix - Spec Map Update  (Read 502 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Updated Spec Maps.

This is a decent skin.  It can use a makeover, but with the proper maps it still holds up.   Top image was run through a sharpened filter after I shrank it down.   Some screen sizes will distort it so I included one that I left alone.

Compare to the default:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:07:16 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
”KILLER V”

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
It looks a lot better but I still think you should just redo the skin. It would improve the skin some more and it would then really be your skin and not just in name.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
It looks a lot better but I still think you should just redo the skin. It would improve the skin some more and it would then really be your skin and not just in name.

I may eventually redo the skin, but that takes a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.   I am in the process of redoing one now and it will take me at least another week to complete.   These skins are viable in their present form.   I am sorry, but I intend to fix them if nobody else is going to.   They've languished for long enough and are not a good representation of the game's graphics nor the work of those who originally drew them.   We are certainly not going to keep new players if we continue to showcase skins that are mangled by the new graphics engine, either.

They will be returned to orphan status or Skuzzy can reassign the names to the original skinner.   I hate being the only guy working on these, so hopefully someone will come along to help.

I understand your position on the names of the original skinners being lost and their work potentially being attributed to the adopter.  I am the person who originally brought that concern to light when this program was initiated.   But these beautiful skins look bad because of the default spec maps and something needs to be done.  So I'm doing it.   A disclaimer will have to suffice until a better solution is implemented.   

EVERYONE knows I am not taking credit for someone else's work.  I've been adamant about that more than any other skinner on this forum.  :salute

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:02:39 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”