Author Topic: The beauty of what this game used to be :(  (Read 2586 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
The beauty of what this game used to be :(
« on: August 06, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
I was encouraged to visit bbs again by a now former player how chaotic its been during the radar test.  Im really saddened by just how one sided the MA has become in regards to style of play.  So in light of the death to stealth and old tactical play I thought I would share a video or two made by a squad that has all but left the game to showcase just how beautiful and entertaining our style of play was. Complain all you want about stealth tactics this game is a time investment.  Forgive those of us who made sure that our investment was worth it. 

The HQ griefing was their and my response to shades and the lack of anything being done in the right way.  We loved this game but those days are gone forever.  Good times and great tactical play  :cheers:

Drive 2-8 hours for moments like these. Why you ask? Because it was then possible. Why not its a war...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5xzq1BztKxE

Great fights that required actual skill to accomplish something that may have last only a few seconds. Longer if you were lucky...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ER_Mz0FTXCA

This doesnt even begin to describe what they and many other who have left accomplished in a game that where your time invested was your greatest weapon.  Those days are gone :( all because numbers fell off and those most influencial we're catered to their style of play.

It was trainers and those who took the time to train most of us who gave us the chance to compete which is why we all stuck around. At the end of the day its not our game. We were just given a paint brush and canvas. Believe you me there were thousands of beauties painted over the years and i really miss those days. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:43:17 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: The beauty of what this game used to be :(
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 03:34:31 PM »
Gues vraciu was almost right...

See you in another 2 weeks V?
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 03:39:12 PM »
Gues vraciu was almost right...

See you in another 2 weeks V?

That would be ideal.    :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 03:40:35 PM »
 :rofl STILL cheaper than Crack :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 03:41:48 PM »
And almost as addictive.  :rofl
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 03:47:51 PM »

For myself,  the game had become an addiction for a few years.  Just being honest and anyone who knew me knows that was a sad fact. 

Everytime i tried to highlight what was possible in this game back in the day it was met with "your just self-glorifying" and rebuke for coming on bbs and "bragging". I eventually became that monster on here out of frustraition.  I was just recognizing the major problems that existed today back then.  What i was doing in regards to moving mud was possible for anyone and should have been an avenue to attract players but instead was shot down by the very ones who are still around today whinning this game away.

How is the ever shrinking pond working for you now.  DA is all but dead and the MA is the new DA. 
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 03:49:46 PM »
:uhoh ALMOST? :eek:  Eh...I was INVERTED :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »
I loved many missions like this, probably to reason I mostly only do the scenarios and those are becoming sparse for me as well... I returned because my wife said I always found peace in the game when I would do very long missions for the side. I guess I waited a bit too long...
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 03:55:43 PM »
I grew to love getting shaded so im not one to complain.  In fact i eventually got smart and just bought cheap laptops and ran 2 sometines 3 pcs to accomplish my goals in base takes and logisitics to win da wars. Hard to shade someone working 2-4 bases at one time.  I was a Feen for that sweet white flag for a long time and grew into a drunken monster.  But man i always had fun until ebtire groups worked to stop me. 

I miss driving an m3 for 3 hours to a base wayy behind enemy lines,  while sending b29s to hit strats,  and lancs to white flag deack all at the same time. 

I miss investing 30 minutes to take 4 bases if everything went right.  I miss those instapop resup missions when a country tried to start a blitz without hitting our strats.

And i never ever once used the other accounts to shade.  This was my response to shades and was worth every penny of 45 bucks a month.  All that downtime we have ingame never lacked a dull moment when managing 3 pcs. 

Now its not worth it to fly on one pc.  Whats the point if you play to win the war? Bring back the old ways and hire part time trainers, invest in strategic marketing! Bring life back to Aces High the right way :bhead
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:57:46 PM by mERv »
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 03:59:07 PM »
Im gonna start playing the lottery again just so that if I win i can buy this game from Dale and bring back that style of play buahahaha

Alright im done have fun yall c u in 2 weeks
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:04:29 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 04:32:28 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:04:08 AM by Skuzzy »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:04:45 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 02:25:12 AM »
mERv,
You describe so fondly what I consider the worst gameplay behavior in AH. Running multiple accounts to "win da war", or spending 8 of your worthless hours to ruin my precious 45 minutes game session, are not what made this game great.

Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 02:29:57 AM »
There is no like button?
+1
You guys!  :x AKAK only "picks" me..AFTER some DUMMY says " I got you NOW" only to realize....I tied my own Noose with his new Hemp rope :bhead YA YA...I know...whats gotta happen before you can break that habit!  :headscratch: I'm WORKING on it!  :furious
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:32:41 AM by 1stpar3 »