Author Topic: Further thought on the TOD "tweaks"  (Read 737 times)

Offline Kingonads

• Copper Member
Further thought on the TOD "tweaks"
« on: October 29, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
I had a ideah a few days ago and I put in as a reply to someone elses post and I thought I would give it more thought and post it as a new post for everyone to see.  

I suggested that the TOD be run like the big events like Hostile Shores and last days of the Africa Corp.  Where U have a limited number of planes of each typ assigned to the Sides commander IE the axis have unlimited 109F4s and JU88s and 30 109G10s and 20 FW190D9s and 10 ME262s for the whole 4 frames so they have to make do if they have losses they get like 10% of the total starting numbers to replace their losses with, well U all get the ideah.  It would cut down on the perk and late planes being in mass numbers in latter parts of the TOD frame and it would start makeing guys want to bring their rides back more and less stupid or less than intelligent attk plans from happening.  I love the TOD frames but I think it would add so much more to the event and make it that much more interesting, I know this may lead to some squads getting stuck in bombers for all 4 frames but hey thats the breaks,  and I personaly enjoy flying something different every now and then and not just dogfighting in the TOD frames.  Well thats my ideah please feel free to give constructive feedback or further ideahs of your own, I belive if we all work together we can find that happy medium that we all R wishing and dreaming of from the TOD frames.  

<S> all
                      Hodo

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2001, 06:03:00 PM »
Approved
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2001, 06:41:00 PM »
I would do this in a second if we had the tools to do it right.

As it is we can only open and close fields,  and pick what AC can fly. We have no control over how many of what AC is flown. Or what pilots fly. It would be difficult for CM's to deal with this on top of everything else they are doing in the first 30 minutes of the frame.

The last few versions of Aces High have given the CM's a nice GUI to work with, but as far as player/AC control we have the same tools as we did a year ago.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2001, 07:41:00 PM »
Ok, so keep it squadrons only, make the COs swear to obey the rules, check logs after the frame, if any did ya downgrade em next frame, if they do it again.....bye!

Offline Kingonads

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2001, 07:46:00 PM »
The numbers of planes would be set by the CMs at the begining of the whole TOD and it will be up to the CM to just keep the paper work on the losses and replacements it would be like in the current orders that tell U what U R fling for this frame.  Like for the previous 2 frames my squadrons flew B17s and then we flew P51Ds.  I am looking back at Hostile Shores for an example becuase from a emersion point of veiw it was excelent and really tence at times, but definatly fun.

Let me see if I can try and explane better here....

Operation Clearing the Phillipenes
Allied pilot exptected to attend 80
allied Aircraft available 80
types and numbers for whole event.
 P38L-32
 P51B-32
 P51D-16
 F6F-40
 F4U-1-unlimited
 F4U-D- 24
 F4U-C- 16
 TBM-unlimited
 B26-unlimited
 B17-16

IJN/IJA pilots expected-80
IJN/IJA AC available type and number
 KI61-40
 N1K2-24
 A6M5-unlimited
 TBM(substitute for Kates)-unlimited
 JU88(substitute for Betty)-unlimited

But this is just a example from the top of my head the numbers may not match up but I am just winging it off my brow.

Hodo

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2001, 11:08:00 PM »
Well I do like the idea.
I am working on the Black Sea. Maybe I can try it for that one since I would be the one doing the extra work.

Thinking about it...  :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Kingonads

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2001, 07:04:00 AM »
Dadog if U need help I am more the willing and happy to. Just drop me a email at Kingonads@hotmail.com

Hodo